About 30 seconds of screentime

>about 30 seconds of screentime
>not even a speaking role

Why bother putting her in the fucking movie

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hmong_people
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because editing. She had a bigger part, and they cut her stuff to make room for more Mystique.

So you'd talk about it for a year straight on the internet, helping to promote the movie and the X-Men franchise as a whole.

She had a larger role, but most of her scenes were cut.

It's weird because they keep putting her in these movies for less than a minute. Jubilee will never happen but they keep shooting deleted scenes with her.

I wonder if the Chinese version will be a director's cut with that reversed or extended to make her role bigger.

Also, this is a sign of a directors who is bad at planning.
You see this shit in the Thor movies, and with Whedon on the Avengers, so much footage is left on the cutting room floor, it's obvious that they didn't have a very concrete image of what they really wanted.
Then when you look at the Russo's and see that they have like, five minutes of cut content with a superior film product, it shouldn't be surprising which directors had a better vision of the complete film.

>whatever you do, you'll shill
Internet was a mistake.

Every day my drive to see this gets lower and lower

Too many Asians. They needed to get rid of Jubilee in favor of Psylocke.

>they cut the jubilee scenes
well thanks, i needed a reason to not see this garbage

>there will never be a Logan, Jubilee, Laura movie
I can only blame Singer for this.

Why not?

Most directors of these big budget movies don't get final cut so it's not really their fault. I doubt even Snyder got it with BvS (not that it would have helped). Often movies are cut to maximize screenings in theaters so they can make more money -- take a half-hour out of a movie, you can show it at least once more per day, leading to more ticket sales (that's the thinking at least).

If this movie underperforms, will Singer be out?

They should bring Vaughn back.

Got to wait for the Jubilee cut.

I don't think Vaughan wanted to come back, and I didn't particularly like First Class so I can't say I mind him leaving. But I just don't want more Singer schlock.

>Expecting anything at all from this movie
Rookie mistake.

That's the thing though, a good team will know about the runtimes going in. Keeping the script and filmed scenes lean, you won't need to cut out half an hour of important stuff.

>cutting out best girl

It's like they want it to flop.

hey! isn't that the bitch from zack and cody?

No, teenage Asians just all look the same.

>there's beeh 8 movies so far and none of them have just been 'logan and all his surrogate daughters save the world'

Cam when?

Marvel would give us that.

I heard that Mystique is basically the new Wolverine in terms of being the main character.

Bull. Mad max had about 200 hours of deleted footage, and it was infinitely better directed than civil war

This, ever since they confirmed no qtlee I lost all my interest.

Civil War wasn't in development hell since the 80's.

The Wolverine/Rogue dynamic in the First movie was basically that.

Why does it look like Jean is balding.

It's the exception, not the rule.
And let's not think that Mad Max is some super well written story. It's good, I love the action in it, but it's not particularly deep.

It wouldn't bother me as much if they bothered to make her blue l more often. Or got a better actor than hunger games kid.

The 200 hours is from the shooting they did for the final movie, not the total footage shot

Saying that the rule is that shooting less makes it a better movie isn't true at all though.
Yeah, I brought up mad max because it is in the same genre as superhero films and yet has far better direction than most. Seemed more relevant than some film detailing the human condition

who the midle one

X-23, Kitty, Jubilee, Armor.

England.

Goddamn it.
I would still fuck her brains out, but it's a shame not even make up will save her in 10 years.

It isn't JUST about shooting less, it's about having a firm grasp of the movie you want to make in an appropriate time schedule. You should be aware of how it is going to end up, so you need to be able to make it in a way that minimizes those changes.
The more footage you film, the more it is likely to end up on the cutting room floor, and when that happens it is very possible to end up with a disjointed, flawed end product.
You can get around this by being a really good director, but most likely if you are being overly filmy you're not.
One of the biggest red flags I see from new writers is the need to just throw up words on page for density's sake. It's generally very easy to just keep unpacking scenes or adding new ones, but after a certain point, it doesn't add anything to the final product (very few cases aside). Being succinct with your words/vision is so valuable when making either a book or a script or a movie.

Brenda song is in her mid 20s. She's at least 5 years older than Lana condor. Also I am pretty sure Brenda is like Korean where as Lana is Vietnamese

Damn, can they just make a few dozen movies that are nothing but car fights with that footage?

Cause I'd pay to watch that, without even a shred of plot.

Ok, I agree with you then, being succinct is important

Just to be sure I understand this;
They let people get hyped for Jubilee when she wasn't in most of it instead of noticing how many people like her and giving her even a minor role while in development?

You may not know it but the real thing you want is MORE MYSTIQUE.

The director is the less relevant staff member on Hollywood blockbusters

Because obscure mutant cameos is the only thing that keeps people coming to these movies.

And Civil War was?

God I hate moviefags.

Bring Jubilee back as a Vampire in the MCU reboot of Blade.

I am pretty sure this is lana's first role on anything so of course they are going to cut her part to put in more of the big 5 or so stars they hired.

Also why didn't they cut her hair to a pixie cut? It isn't like she would refuse that or that they couldn't just hire a different chink

Jubille cut when?

by bitching about it?

Classic Singer!

can we see her amazing pink fishnet stockings?

>but it's not particularly deep
deep things doesn't make a story great

jean looks cute here meanwhile in the actually film she looks hideous

i think Vaughn should stick to kingsmen. he's better at it. first class was a mess

i just wished she won't come back in the sequels

>to make room for more Mystique.

What's new

Why do you guys make these shitty strawman arguments? It's not even fun trying to have arguments with you shitters.

Have all X-men movies been cut to fucking ribbons? Wasn't rogue in a similar situation last time? How does it happen that an entire character and associated screentime, actor pay and camera usage just get dumped?

Yeah, I expect a director's cut this time too

No, Rogue had it worse. Jubilee had like, one sequence of the kids sneaking out to the mall. Rogue's presence in DoFP was much more substantial.

>Also I am pretty sure Brenda is like Korean where as Lana is Vietnamese

Brenda Song is Hmong on her father's side and Thai on her mother's side.

The Hmong are an ethnic group from mainland Southeast Asia, primarily in Laos, Thailand, and Vietnam... there's an interesting story about how many of them ended up in the United States after the Vietnam War.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hmong_people

LONDON

>cutting this qt 10/10 casting for more J.Pig
i fucking hate hollywood

Fox and Singer are hackfrauds

Just give the franchise back to Marvel Studios already.

Speaking of Jubilee, i was looking for something to waste time with, does the '92 X-men cartoon still hold up? It's been too long for me to tell. Is there a list of recommended episodes maybe?
I tried to watch Evolution, but the first bunch of episodes were too, uh, "cartoony" to make me care

she carries the franchise though

Who?

I'll wait another year for the inevitable Jubilee Cut then

>not even a speaking role

What?
not one line?

Miller was open about the fact that he went a bit overboard on filming with Fury Road because, filming digitally, he didn't have to conserve film stock anymore. Back when he got started, you had to be mindful of every reel of film you exposed because that shit was expensive and he & the late Byron Kennedy had no money for more. With digital cameras, he could start every day with fresh memory cards and just film & film. But I think most of that unused footage was just alternate takes of the scenes that made it into the movie, relatively few scenes were cut wholesale.

On the plus side, we'll never have to suffer through her being a vampire.

>Happened to have a secondary role in one movie
>She's then arbitrarily made one of the most important characters ever in the next one
>"She carries the franchise! We can't do this without her now!"

I mean, who even cares anymore? The Hunger Games are gone (and i've been told by fans of the series that the last movie was meh as fuck), her costant "I'M SILLY" stunts are making her annoying even to normies, her most recent oscar-bait roles aren't getting all that much attention... her prominence in these movies is self-imposed at this point, especially with guys like Fassbender or Isaacs around

That picture is really depressing.

Vaughn left on his own but I agree they should try someone else that isn't Singer, DoFP would've been just as good an exit for him as it was for the old cast.

Just make him producer or some shit so they don't end up fucking up the timeline again.

>Something has to be deep to be good.

Name one action movie that was deep.

You know I am gonna go with this one.

People should really understand the need for a decent script.

Script is more important than directing.

Agreed. Who the fuck cares about JLaw at this point?

>tfw never noticed there was a man under the pizza
>always thought it was just a pizza partially covered

>they cut her stuff to make room for more Mystique
I didn't know I could still be this disgusted by movies yet here we are.

To be fair, at least it made sense in DOFP because of the story it's based on, where Mystique plays a major part. Not in Apocalypse though.

Why does she look like that? What year is this all happening

Because she's adorable?

waiting for Jubilee-Cut aswell

FoX-Men is the worst

>to make room for more Mystique.

The character is shit and the actress who plays her is awful

>Keeping the movie theater scene just to rag on Last Stand and ironically talking about your own movie
>Not keeping the mall scene, a more timely 80s novelty

I'm watching it now and really enjoying. Never saw much of it as a kid. I can see why it really put the x men on the map.

Comics seem to use "cow" as an insult, far more than anyone in real life

>What is The Wolverine

It's just a more PG way of saying "bitch" or "cunt" with the added benefit of implied fat shaming.

I've never heard it used outside of television, though. The closest was when I was younger and my father called every female that he didn't know that pissed him off a "broad". Now they're just "bitches".

You dumb dumbs forget there was already a movie staring Jubilee in the 90's that was amazing in it's own sort of way.