Was this any good?

Was this any good?

It's worth watching for the commentary, probably not advisable to record your director's commentary immediately after the movie flops.

Nowhere near as good as the original trilogy or the series.

yes. jane levy is natural at horror. the gore is top shelf. i feel like this movie is what evil dead would have been if it didnt come off cheesy. as someone who felt burned by the 3 stooges humor of ash vs evil dead season 2, this movie definitely has its place.

also, check out dont breathe

>Implying it fucking flopped

It was a huge success considering it was made with what's basically an indie budget

I really enjoyed it. Especially the ebin tweest and last few scenes. It was fun and psyched me up.

But then again I've never really been autistically invested in the Evil Dead franchise.

The final demon was the worst thing ever. What a fuck up.

I have and I also enjoyed it a lot.

The old movies aren't going anywhere.

It managed to be good enough to not insult the original, but not good enough to overshadow it. So pretty much no one was upset. No one was overjoyed either, but whatever

As much as I like this show, I find it more damaging to the original films by establishing that Ash was always an arsehole when his arc in the films is he only becomes like that because of what he goes through in the cabin

I thought it was pretty good. It won't be considered a classic in the future like the original, but it's certainly worth a watch.

It was complete shit.
>terrible characters
>no scary moments, just gore

The first two movies still creep me out at times. This one was meh.

Is there a person in this thread that didn't wince at the tongue slicing scene?

>tfw body modder
>clove someone's tongue last month
I think it looks like absolute shit and think people who do it are fucking stupid but hey it pays

>those fucking awful hot topic contact lenses

What was wrong with all white like the original? Did they really feel the need to change this?

>Awful final "ultimate evil" demon is s Barbie doll dipped in white paint

Not even a nice pair of tits. I could MAYBE give it a pass if it had nice tits flopping out but no it was a Barbie.

Is it reversible?

it was bad, but the hand being hit by the axe was worse for me

I liked it

The bit that got me was the blade cutting the knee, jeeeez.

Maybe it was down to the performance but this Deadite was really creepy while the rest just weren't.
Does this take place in the same continuity as the rest of the Evil Dead movies? Is it the same demon?

it's better than all the Bruce Wayne movies

best remake Ive seen in a long time, maybe ever.

it was just so groovy

Surprisingly yes and i went in planning to hate it

delicious footpussy desu

It was great, except this guy
He was terrible

How so?

just watch Evil Dead II again user

Diminishing returns

yeah wtf you been living under a rock

>probably not advisable to record your director's commentary immediately after the movie flops.

...?

Budget: $17 million
Box Office: $97.5 million

In what universe is making more than five times your budget back a "flop"? Even if we go to Sup Forums's old standby boogeyman of "marketing budget is equal to production budget!" (so a total of $34 million), that would still mean the movie turned a profit of more than $63 million.

Man, Sup Forums is thoroughly disconnected from reality.

yes