Star Trek: So progressive

CBS made sure white people got low screen time on star-trek discovery.

"We wanted to ensure that a realistic representation of the future was shown to our audience, and so we ensured that each crew member was given screen-time representative of their diversity index. Everyone was represented fairly, and i think we can all be happy with this."

Also this is to be the most diverse cast of star trek yet, with only one crew member identifying as white, and he identifies as gay in the first episode. There are no white females on the show in a high-ranking position.

>identifying as white
That's not how it works

Good thing Trek died with Voyager.

>whaaa my shitty crying about race in star trek deserves its own thread

>whaaa I came into thread I don't like and now I'm butthurt

i was butt hurt before i came in the thread, buddy.
but you were butt hurt before you created the thread so your butt hurts more. hah

I think you're typing too fast and breathing too hard from all the butthurt you have. Lay down before you have a heart attack. You make zero sense.

you + black people = massive butt hurt
>whaaaa an always progressive show is still progressive!
1960s you:
>a russian? in star trek? fucking commies! progressive trash! trash it! trash!

not the same thing as porpousefully avoiding straight white men and women because they are considered offensive by the general public nowadays
If they wanted star trek to include all races and identities then they wouldn't specifically exclude the one that is seen as "problematic"

Honestly, it sounds like the BBC made it. That's the kind of press release that they put out.

>We wanted to ensure that a realistic representation of the future was shown to our audience
Lol at this guilty white liberal fantasy that white people will be a minority by 2050.

Aren't black people currently only like 13 percent of the population? Until that changes, they can shut their cuck mouths and stop bitching about a "realistic representation"

I hope your parents kick you out soon

into the trash it goes
they think theyll get ratings pandering to the delusional sjws who whine on reddit all day

Do you think white people are currently a majority on earth? What are you babbling about

white is literally a made up term

I think it's more delusional to assume most people give a shit about your white persecution complex

where's the article on this?

In the US, sure. Worldwide, they're projected to be quite a few billion in a few decades. Thanks, of course, due to "humanitarian aid" from western countries.

United States, nigger. Hence why I referenced black people being 13 percent of the population. That would obviously not be correct with places like Africa factored in.

jesus, imagine a world where there are 3 billion africans

Star Trek was always progressive. One of the first interracial kisses on TV, crew is from a variety of different cultural backgrounds too.

>white persecution complex
There's such a double standard though. Minorities pretty much have free reign to generalize, mock, and shit on white people, simply because of nasty historical events which today's whites literally had nothing to do with.

>YOUR PEOPLE ENSLAVED US
Yeah? YOUR people are ruining inner cities, so fucking tell YOUR people to behave. See how that works?

white people can't even decide who is white or not and spend more time arguing about themselves
they deserve no sympathy or respect

Lmao. If I said black people deserve no sympathy or respect, I would be labeled Hitler.

Thanks for making my point.

>implying it isn't a cycle of the white establishment to remove aid to correcting ethnic neighborhoods so that they can come back 20-30 years later to profit off of gentrification

How many Jews are responsible for producing this?

Fabricated past.
Realistic future.

The federation is made up of all the countries on earth right? I wouldn't know?

>"We wanted to ensure that a realistic representation of the future was shown to our audience, and so we ensured that each crew member was given screen-time representative of their diversity index. Everyone was represented fairly, and i think we can all be happy with this."

Please provide a source for this quote.

>offensive by the general public nowadays

most people in the western world are of European descent, very few are gay. even less are trans, 50% are female.

This doesn't appeal to the majority of people with money or ability to spend time on a tv show, this is propaganda and indoctrination to a self flagellating ideology that forces cis white men and women to follow the same 'liberal' talking points (at least in public) in order to avoid being called a nazi.

They are seeding future news stories, manufacturing the culture that is favorable to globalist mega corporations.

We build you verrrry nice railrroooad and you try to kickkk us outt of counttrrrrry. Jealrrrrous of ourr dope raasss laundrryyy matss and restaurrants Gweilo? It's not our fault you quit yourr job rooking for gold.

The joke is on them. The people they seek to appease typically have no interest in shit like this.

sjws are a red herring, they're useful idiots easily manipulated by the Clinton/Soros camp.

The propaganda is being pushed by media, politicians, and the corporations that control both of them. When sjw's scream communist nonsense and revolution against wall street it's conveniently ignored by media: media only pushes the 'white people are evil' message to eventually make white people vote themselves out of power. As the majority of voters they compete with corporate lobbies. Corporations want more control over our so-called democracy and this means disenfranchising ALL voters - white people are just the first on the chopping block.

>complaining about diversity in star trek

Of all the series to bitch about this stuff you chose the one that had it as a central element every since the first series aired 50 years ago, there has been a female captain and a black captain before, they are just combining the two.

Do you really think someone would do that? just come on Sup Forums and post race-baiting lies?

The Federation is made of 130+ different planets. Starfleet is the naval arm of the Federation. Earth is all one united nation.

>deserving respect.

That isn't how it works Bix. But do keep hammering them. I love picking up the pieces and showing them another path where they don't need your approval.

whine about it some more, faggot

That'd be a choppy show.

>he's still clinging to Clinton conspiracies

Leave the basement sometime kid, the world is bigger than what you read on the internet.

>representative of their diversity index
Can an Amerifat explain what this means?

>no guy posting the "alt-right whining" banner
Must be busy prepping the bull or something

I wish they could've given us a realistic representation of those actors' acting ability, Jesus Christ, wooden dialogue, wooden acting throughout the trailer.

It means that the OP isn't real, but they're lying on Sup Forums in order to gain more (You)s. Thank you for giving them what they want.

>We wanted to ensure that a realistic representation of the future

East Asian masters commanding Black hordes? Ok, i'm sold.

It isn't the diverse cast for me. It's dreadfully expecting the sjw approved dialogue. Its the future right? Earth is one nation,one people. Ten bucks says these future jigs,chinks,greasers and homomomos all focus on contemporary social justice shit so that the audience can stop pegging eachother long enough for a "Thats SO true"

...which it isnt.

Why not just pick people who are good for the role or bring back people in other treks you can use? I never got this mentality of having to 100% accurately represent every damn race.

>diversity index

lol, there really is a statistical percentage they use to determine race mixture.

Isn't that the star trek show that was repeatedly delayed because it sucked and nobody has trust on it?

This show is propaganda. All of us don't want this shit. We have no interest in this shit and we will not watch this shit. There'll be some trekkies who'll watch it but the majority of us will avoid it like the plague. And when it fails they'll blame the alt-right. But let it die, let it end, let it cease to be like Gene Rot and Buried!

Not him but you're fucking delusional.

Yeah where is the end game? How do you represent 58 gender identities and a plethora of Biracial demographics with a cast of 11 people,tops?

I think it's delusional pandering to social justice fags when theyve proven to be an unreliable market demographic time and time again. Like anytime they get what they want the bulk of them move on like a Bedouin caravan seeking another oasis they can shit in.

So is Black...and gay...and Cis.

This.

It isn't subversive any more when literally everyone is doing it.

I would have been okay if it died before Voyager, really...

most white straight people I know hate themselves and claim that the white man is responsible for every massacre in human history

There isn't one. Just Sup Forums circlejerking around made-up quotes.

A lot of time,effort and money went into making them that way and you need to improve your social circle.

I think I'll just watch that Seth McFarlane shit instead

Humans in Star Trek's future have moved past racial and religious ideologies. It's a shame that the writers of Star Trek have not

Why do they keep casting mongrels for "black" people instead of actual africans?

exactly

Guilt works, it worked for the catholic church, it worked for Martin Luthor's insane iron fist version of the catholic church, it worked for the hundreds of new christian sects during the american reformation. GUILT WORKS. You can get people to say anything, do anything, pay anything if you can sell them the disease of guilt and then later the convenience of curing that guilt.

Media pretends to reflect culture but actually engineers it subtly: they learned this through their connections to military contractors who were experimenting with LSD and mindcontrol in the 50s-70s (look up MKULTRA - it was a real thing) and discovered the light trauma skinner box mechanism that controls large populations.They used this propaganda to engineer Satanic Panic in the 80s (plus systemic propaganda against alternative media like video games and the internet) revitalize Nixon's anti-black drug war to include whites and all voters in general - drug felony = no right to vote. They engineered the three strikes laws (again easy to pin felonies on voters) and they funded the cultural marxism in universities to try to get people to no longer participate in the voting process - instead they learn to protest and vainly seek a communist uprising. The same group that resisted media diversity in the 60s and 70s are forcing it in a pandering way into media right now in order to foster more racial hatred and domestic violence (to excuse more police militarization and more corporate globalism)

Because it's difficult for a director & writing staff to give instructions to a 65 IQ mongoloid.

>when you realize that the vast majority of arguments on this fucking website amount to "nu uh, I know you are but what am I???"

How long before they blame the failure of the show on Trekkies for being racist/sexist/x-phobic when they fail to gobble up this bowl of shit that they have produced?

The only way to stop the studio from blaming its failure on racists and sexists... is for us to stop making complaints about race and sex, and only complain about the technical aspects of the show.

Since Sup Forums refuses to do that, we're going to get the blame by 2018.

"Why Sup Forums Trolls Hate the new Star Trek, and Why That's Okay"
"Fragile Alt-right on Sup Forums are Mad That Star Trek is Progressive now"
"Stunning! White Men Threatened by Female Lead in Star Trek"
I can see the last one happening too, because the only mainstream captains are kirk and picard.

>CIA sells crack in urban centers while Feds over criminalize crack
>drug war intensifications were all about destroying the black community so nothing like civil rights or the protesting against Vietnam could ever come out of that community again

>it's black peoples fault though

Top kek

So an 84 IQ mongoloid is any better?

This argument was and will always will be fucking retarded. It had diversity yes, but it wasn't to make an agenda, it was non-inflammatory, just to do it. You loved these characters because the world of the federation was one that everyone wanted.

This new show looks like trash and is forcing the diversity for brownie points. The argument doesn't even make sense, because when star trek did it was a novel concept, now it isn't.

>>))op pictured((

BIG PUSSY

>but it wasn't to make an agenda, it was non-inflammatory,
Roddenberry had the directors specifically frame bridge shots so that southern affiliates couldn't cut out footage of Uhura. You can bet your sweet ass that thousands were inflamed over her role on the show.

Sure, but Rodenberry was a war veteran and a conservative. He saw the value in inclusion and dreams of a time where people could be together without hating one another.

The new star trek is the opposite, it's forced this time and is taking diversity to the nth degree which is something that noone wants. This show will bomb, and bomb hard.

But isn't this chronologically before the original series? Where a literal white man is the captain?

>and a conservative
Heh.

The actual "only way" is to not bother with it at all.

That's not going to happen either. Even if they don't "bother" to watch the show, the 4channers upset by a black female lead in STD are never ever ever going to stop complaining that she's black and female.

He was .

Exactly how it's going to happen. It's what Marvel is doing right now.

Heh.

We dont want negros in our media? What part of that cant you understand?

Nollywood media nothing but niggers I cant even recall seeing a single non nigger in their movies at all.

If niggers can make their media racially homogenuous then why cant we?

>Star Trek: Political Agenda
>Catch it this Fall on CBS

When Hollywood blames us, you should blame and others like them.

I guess this means TOS, TNG, DS9, and VOY is all liberal agenda too since it had diversity, interracial and interspecies kissing, equality, and liberal ideas!

Those weren't liberal because Roddenberry was a conservative.

Source: I read it on Sup Forums.

Right. If it was ensured that it would bring a better story, everyone would say it's ok. But usually, they feel so constrained about coming up with a believable storyline for a black or an asian, that it feels forced anyway.

>ITT people who have never watched Star Trek except for the shitty reboot movies complain about what they don't know.

It'll bomb but only because it's on fucking CBS Go or whatever proprietary nonsense they've made

Outside of America, it's on Netflix.

What the fuck is this shit? Isn't that just old racism, cutting everyone up back into their race?

Honestly what the fuck

Well damn. I still don't see it getting great numbers though, action and sci-fi shows cost a ton of money per episode so it'd have to be really big to warrant more. I expect three seasons or less

It's fake. Why do you people fall so easily for everything?

>diversity index

>not an agenda
You're completely delusional

why are they shit all over the planet then?

See .

Compared to the shit we have nowadays Rodenberry was baby tier compared to the liberals, if you can even call them that nowadays. When TNG did diversity it wasn't a big deal, remember the race that had no gender? When DS9 did diversity it was no big deal, because the story and characters came first.