There's already a WarCraft movie. Why don't they make an Overwatch movie too?

There's already a WarCraft movie. Why don't they make an Overwatch movie too?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pwFu8kEsUW4
youtube.com/watch?v=zx6yCxqGf3A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i wanna be widow

>they already made a flop, why don't they make another one?

A netflix CG series would be better.

>why doesn't a crooked money focused mega corporation appease a small amount of it's player base with a convoluted insider appealing 'action adventure' cartoon that most people would find childish and even most of the playerbase won't go watch or pay to watch.

I wanna be Tracer and squeeze your hiney

oke doke lets be in it together

Tracer here

>cuckwatch movie
no thanks

Ah, ma petite chou-fleur *hugs you*

Pharah

Not so fast

Because nobody gives a shit about the """story""" of a multiplayer game

Because overwatch has no plot/story to it

I'm 100% sure they will eventually

>midget aussie versus midget brit to play annoying bonggirl

hmmm

Ruby also has the advantage of years of experience shoving vag in her mouth

That really helps prepare her for the Tracer role

It'd be shit because like everything Blizzard has made for the last 10 years, it's focus tested bland garbage

Every character in Overwatch is EXACTLY what they appear to be. There's no twist or subversion of stereotypes.
They're exactly what they appear to be.

I wanna see a Diablo movie.
Shouldn't be too hard to make it either, action-horror hybrid that follows a (or several) adventurers into the damned church

Mercy

Whether Widowmaker is redeemable or not is a complete coin toss though, there's nothing predictable about it

>Shouldn't be too hard to make it either

Just like House of the Dead, and in the Name of the King, and Streetfighter, concepts that you just can't fuck up

Are you sarcastically deriding Street Fighter's kino credentials

They'd fuck it up because some producer would go "Well it's from a video game, right? So make it more video gamey"
That always fucks things up

>kino credentials

I wish I could make you swallow an abacus.

This is the most Diabloy thing ever put to film

Warcraft movie was shit

why is she blue?

She's literally cold blooded
No, she's not redeemable

Besides that would imply story progression. And that's obviously out of the question

Widowmaker

Why don't you stay on Sup Forums?

Yes.

13th Warrior and Black Death are also similar

Less magic, of course, but the feel is there

She looks nothing like her.

Michel b jordan as lucio

Symmetra

Tracer

I'd prefer Mia Khalifa tbqh famalam

overwatch is shit and fan casting is cringeworthy

also idris elba for Lucio

elite choice

Pharah

she spared Tracer though

Tracer wasn't her target.

Overwatch actually has a ton of lore.

None of it is the game outside of sprays and pre-game dialogue.

For instance, you know Torbjorn? Well, it turns out he fucks.

Best

Generic 'only Indian actress I know'

Bad.

>Every character in Overwatch is EXACTLY what they appear to be.

Oh really?

then how old are tracer, mercy, and mei?

>There's no twist or subversion of stereotypes.

What about the honorable human archer being evil, and the undisciplined cybernetic ninja being good? Is Sombra evil or good? Are torb and Zarya bigots?

Ana?? They sound the same.

>Sofia Boutella
>bad
>an actual fit Egyptian woman playing a fit egyptian woman is bad

Stupid faggot.

I hate to break this to everyone, but if we're here to blow up the bots, someone's beaten us to it.

Mercy reporting in

>Algerian and French
>This means she's Egyptian

Stupid faggot.

>Not Sarah Gadon

Get that gun toting nutjob outta here

Because much like the Warcraft movie it will just show people how boring and derivative the story really is IN 3D.

bastion

Pretty sure they can find some scrawny/lanky Australian.

>then how old are tracer, mercy, and mei?
Arbitrary.
Their age is not a part of their character
We're told they're older than they appear, but that's only because Blizzard wants a story with history and also for their characters to be saggy 40+ year old women
It's a disconnect from the art/marketing departments and the story departments

Hanzo isn't evil. He's just as HONORABU as any stereotype. He "killed" Genji for DA HONOR OF DA FAMIRY.

Sombra's good, of course. She's le tricksy rogue hacker (female). That's a stereotype that goes back to the very beginning of cyberpunk. On the run from the law but trying to bring JUSTICE to the mega-corps. She's digital Robin Hood with tumblr memes.

Torb is a literal dorf. So he's stubbon and doesn't like to change. Like all dorfs in all media. He's not a midget. He's literally a fantasy dwarf.

Zarya is a bigot because she's Russians and Russians are bigots. Haven't you read the news?

>Jenna with dyke hair and latex tights

ohhby.

Pretty sure they would rather get a big name. And most successful Aussie actors are too jacked man.

Well shit I'd pay to see that.

Reminder that they censored Tracer's latex butt because some sjws who don't even play the game complained. If there will ever be an overwatch movie, you can kiss the latex goodbye.

>Arbitrary. Their age is not a part of their character

Wew! Did you just see those goalposts fly by?

>Hanzo isn't evil. He's just as HONORABU as any stereotype. He "killed" Genji for DA HONOR OF DA FAMIRY.

Except their "family" is a criminal empire, and the great "dishonor" Genji committed was simply being kind of lackadaisical at work.

>Sombra's good, of course.

She's a talon agent, that means there is innocent blood on her hands. And she directly threatened the Russian's ladies daughter.

>He's literally a fantasy dwarf.

He's an accomplished Swedish engineer. And he doesn't look all that Dwarf-y in his newer skins.

>Zarya is a bigot because she's Russians and Russians are bigots.

the accent say bigot
the haircut says genderfluid pansexual yiffomancer

An Overwatch movie might be cool, especially if they get actors from the actual countries the characters are from, instead of the typical all American Hollywood cast putting on fake accents. But we all know it'll never happen, and even if it did they would find a way to make it complete trash.

>Tracaaah 'ere

Ive put over 100 hours and don't really know the lore.
I've pieced together that there was some kind of android uprising, and they created this agent team. But there was a schism and they broke up.
But the bad guys came together and are doing something, so the other side reformed with some new members, to do something?

Might work better as a tv show, regardless as long as its fully animated I think it could be a cool.

>Wew! Did you just see those goalposts fly by?
Your goalposts?

When do they ever bring up age aside form a one off line from Rein to Mercy about how she hasn't aged a day? Hell that line could stay totally intact even if Mercy was as old as she looked. Basic compliment.
It's just not a part of their character. It is for Ana, but not for them.
They're young for marketing reasons. Can't have all your women be older than the mothers of the target audience.

More stereotypes! Shimada clan is Yakuza. But also ancient lineage of honorubu samurai who tell stories about dragons and shit. It's just mashing more stereotypes together.

I don't know how you're passionately defending something that is obviously created to be appealing to the largest amount of people
There's just so little attempt to mix things up.

It's a tired comparison, but it's still effective. Compare it to TF2.

It already exists, it's called every pop culture movie since 1969

>I don't know how you're passionately defending something that is obviously created to be appealing to the largest amount of people

I'm not, I just think you're being hyperbolic. Pretending like your average shooter covers the wide variety of ethnicities, nationalists, and personalities that OW does is a lie.

tf2 was drastically more generic.

Mercy

>. Pretending like your average shooter covers the wide variety of ethnicities, nationalists, and personalities that OW does is a lie.
I'm not saying OW doesn't have the breadth, I'm saying it's puddle deep, even if it is wide.

TF2 is hardly more generic. If you think it is, you might be falling into the "Shakespeare is fully of cliches" trap

Mercy

The butt pose? It's still in the game.

Isn't it amusing that when adapting nerd culture to film the most important thing to get right is that the actors look like the characters, instead of how well they can act?

That's because nerd culture fictional characters are anodyne cardboard cutouts with no interesting personalities or emotions, so there's nothing required by the actors except to just stand there and look the part.

The game Overwatch has already made more money than the movies The Dark Knight, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, Star Wars Rogue One or Jurassic Park

>Hello it's Mercy

Mercy.

I'd prefer if they made another shit Warcraft movie

I've never played over watch, does it even have a story? I thought it was basically only multiplayer like TF2

Read the thread faggotron.

summary of the world/story
youtube.com/watch?v=pwFu8kEsUW4

Because Overwatch is like four hours old and Blizzard is overextending with it enough already

There's canon comics

But they're all shitty

youtube.com/watch?v=zx6yCxqGf3A

Who will play best girl, Zarya?

MUH DICK

Isn't Tracer supposed to be wearing her gear at all time or otherwise she'd be lost in space and time?

I think the explanation was that Winston found a way to stabilize her apartment as well.

why do asian characters never look asian?

Zarya!

how abouT The acTual person she's based off of?

she just needs to be near it

>Valve merch
Uh oh, she's gonna get banned

its creates a field that stabilizes her, she just needs to be near it.

>then how old are tracer, mercy, and mei?
Mei was frozen cryogenically for a while. Tracer is actually as old as she is supposed to be, or close enough. She joined seven years ago when she was 19 and now she's like 27.

Mercy is either a literal angel or has medical anti-aging nanobots.
>Hanzo isn't evil. He's just as HONORABU as any stereotype. He "killed" Genji for DA HONOR OF DA FAMIRY.
>honor killings aren't evil

Go back to pakistan fucker

>On the run from the law but trying to bring JUSTICE to the mega-corps
She's using the corporations for her own interests, not trying to bring them down. Lucio is the robin hood of overwatch not her
>He's not a midget. He's literally a fantasy dwarf.
I think he's just like 5 feet tall and ripped. Remember everybody else is ridiculous comic book character height
There's a vague semblance of a timeline and story, pieced together by fans from voicelines comics shorts and other shit. Only recently have they started adding events to the "present day", or the time all the default skins of characters in-game are at currently.

>mccree reporting in

>She's using the corporations for her own interests, not trying to bring them down.
100% she has some backstory where her sister was killed by some corporate fuck up or something

Blizzard writing isn't exactly original.

D.va

Warcraft was the best fantasy movie since LOTR.

Fact.

Too old looking. D.va is supposed to be 19.

Chloe moretz as Roadhog

She had a medical procedure to slow down her heart rate so her skin is blue due to lack of oxygen.