Blade, Ghost Rider, and Moon Knight Rumored for Netflix Pickups

moviecreedlive.com/entertainment/2668979-blade-ghost-rider-moon-knight-netflix/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9Qlrq9ETjzc
pastebin.com/ePAGMi80
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ghost Rider wouldn't work on a tv budget.

And honestly I'm sick of The Wire-style of directing that Blade and Moon Knight will inevitability have because that's a proven formula now.

WE MARVEL KNIGHTS NOW

>And honestly I'm sick of The Wire-style of directing
I'd rather have that than the standard MCU formula. Helps I never seen the wire.

This. As a big Moon Knight fan, i'm skeptical as to whether they could bring that kind of story to the table. I'm sort of waiting for Iron Fist before concluding there's any kind of formula though.

Hyped

That's been a rumor for a long time, not any credible sources on it though other than Disney owning the properties for them. Netflix already has like the next 5 years of marvel shows already lined up.

Yeah if they do happen, they won't get picked up for quite a while.

I don't see Neflix willing to pump out more than two Marvel series' a year.

They've been rumoring this since the original four shows were picked up.

>I'd rather have that than the standard MCU formula
It is the standard MCU formula at this point. Even to where you can predict when someone is going to die in their own scenes.

>Ghost Rider wouldn't work on a tv budget
What are you talking about? It would be 20 episodes of Johnny Blaze driving around the desert in a motorcycle and having episode-length conversations about coming to terms with his curse, becoming Ghost Rider to fight some biker goons in episode 2, 11 and 20, totaling 15 minutes of Ghost Rider out of 18 hours of show. That's what people want, right? It's all deep and stuff.

The only one of these I can see happening is Moon Knight. Ghost Rider would be too expensive for Netflix and has a shitty history when it comes to adaptations. Blade has a good chance, but Moon Knight has been getting more popular lately.
The last Moon Knight series was basically a TV show in comic book form anyway, so I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel just adapted that.

I doubt Blade is going to happen because corporate committee hasn't decided if they're going to do the female Blade or not.

Make ghost rider a five episode miniseries

All the Netflix shows so far had FAR too many episodes, especially Jessica Jones, but I guess cutting the filler and making it miniseries garners them less money than it's worth.

>mfw an episode where he Ghosts out but instead of showing a CGI fight scene or something it's all shot from the view of the panicked bikers/evil guys panicking and not understanding what's happening, with yells of "Fire!" and people running but getting caught with a chain and dragged into other rooms etc.

>Have a Ghost Rider series that follows previous incarnations of Ghost Riders, while coming back to Johnny Blaze.

Marvel hasn't hit the Western genre, yet.

Who could you guys see as Marc? Bunker from Banshee would have been a wicked choice, but he's plaing Ward Meachum in Iron Fist. What about Antony Starr?

Innovative storytelling and camerawork 10/10 - Most of the internet

That's a pretty cool visual, actually.

WHERE IS MY MOON KNIGHT SERIES WITH KEANU REEVES?

HBO's dark, gritty style is 10x better than MCU's joke filled campy family friendly style.

>The last Moon Knight series was basically a TV show in comic book form anyway
thats why we call it comickino during evey storytime

Do they? Let's look at the currently confirmed sleight:
>Luke Cage
>Iron Fist
>Defenders
>Jessica Jones S2
>Punisher
And that's it. Presumably we'll get season 3 of Daredevil, and either season 2s for Luke and Danny or a Heroes for Hire season with both of them.

Either way, the only post-Defenders stuff that's been hard confirmed are Jessica Jones 2 and Punisher.

please emali this idea to marvel if they ever make a GR series

>Ghost Rider wouldn't work on a tv budget.
What about Firestorm on The CW?

Digital skull and fire are not that hard to do anymore...

Can you actually do that?

I could actually see that. I would hope that Mr. Knight would be used.

I could see Gyllenhaal as Marc Spector

Wait, Punisher was confirmed?

That kind of sucks if that's true. I loved him in DD S2 because he was an amazing side character. If the whole show is just about him, it could get boring and repetitive real fast. I'll be honest, I'm still going to watch it and probably love it all the same. I Just think other people won't like it.

>because he was an amazing side character. If the whole show is just about him, it could get boring and repetitive real fast.
You say this every single time, almost word for word, whenever hes mentioned.

we can only dream

Too expensive for TV
Get Rami Malik

too big of a name, by the trend they are going they'll cast pretty much a nobody

Get Stephen Amell.

Could they make a decent Ghost Rider series with cheap effects? If the writing and directing, characters etc. were good, could they just get away with shitty effects?

Yeah, you just gotta do some research to email the right people.

> yfw it's going to be Robbie Reyes instead of Johnny Blaze

Can he pull off the multiple personality disorder ?

Ah, but the CW isn't having their budget dictated by Ike "COFFEE in the BREAKROOM? Am I MADE of MONEY?" Perlmutter.

>yfw it's actually Danny Ketch

>Ghost Rider[...] has a shitty history when it comes to adaptations.
Like Daredevil?

>could they just get away with shitty effects?
No. Because Television is a visual medium and if it looks completely shitty and unbelievable you can't suspend your disbelief.

I thought they don't take unsolicited ideas, for legal reasons?

>never seen The Wire

I feel like Ghostrider should be animated.and a miniseries.

should I feel bad that I liked the Ghost Rider movie? I haven't read any of the comics but the movie made me want to start

Ghost Rider Epic Collection when? Or could someone recommend me a trade that makes a good starting point?

>tfw Blade tv show won't have Wesley Snipes

Let's be honest, Ghost Rider 2 was the worst modern comic book movie ever made. It was worse than Elektra

That was acctually the first time I've posted about anything related to the Marvel Netflix. Even still, it's true.

>He doesnt like all the Ghost Riders

Spirit of Vengeance came out only a few years ago, while the Daredevil movie was a decade ago when the TV show came out

ASM2 came out only a couple years ago, and we have a new spider-man movie coming in 2017

You never know, maybe he gets the mentor role, or as a detective who doesnt believe in the supernatural

ASM2: 2 years ago, though I'd say its special circumstances since he's back where he belongs and is kind of a big deal
GR2: 5 years ago
DD:13 years ago

The only good thing to come out of that awful movie imo
youtu.be/9Qlrq9ETjzc

Nah, GR2 was hilariously bad, while there are movies that were just bad, like ASM2, IM2, AoU.

lol no. Ghost Rider 2 isnt even good to watch, even just to laugh at it. It's the bottom of the barrel.

>Digital skull and fire

Now I just want a GR2099 series

No matter how bad Spider-Man's movies are, they will always make a shit ton of money because he's so popular. Ghost Rider isn't even that popular when it comes to comics, so having two of his movies being critically panned really hurts his chance for getting another shot at a live-action adaptation.

meh. Daredevil's coming along great, I want them to give that punisher his own show with constant crossovers, not like flash and green arrow doing one crossover a season. although I can't blame Barry for not wanting to visit olishitty.

>I never seen the wire.
It's really overrated. I dropped it after 2 episodes of literally nothing.

>One episode is shot like Evil Dead from GR's viewpoint
>it ends in a penance stare

This may be somewhat unrelated but would a She-Hulk series work?Or would the fact that she's also a lawyer make it too similar to Daredevil?

Dont even have to do a digital Skull
a well made mask would look better

>completely different Origin to seperate from Johnny
>Young adult angle that netflix misses
>most tragic host
>Best supporting cast from the other riders (old man Johnny,Caretaker, Badlino)
>Best Rouge Gallary
>best design
>the tankbike would look spectacular on screen
>can cross over with the punisher
Danny boy is the way to go for the GR reboot

>revive Ward

>Implying we're not going to Los Angeles

Ghost Rider better be Robbie.

Wasnt his one villain already on AoS

Nah, she's completely different to him, and quite 'tongue in cheek'. Think Ally Mcbeal with Superheroes. If a She-Hulk show gets green-lit anywhere, it would be ABC. For the tone if anything.

Ike is gone

Movie, not TV.

>spic rider with every high school cliche ever
>completely shits on the lore
>doesnt even have a decent rouge galary
>most of his material is rehashed from danny
>only ran for 14 issues
no one cares about el fantasma rider

Too young and too short at 5'9". Isn't Moon Knight supposed to be 6'2" and rather physically imposing.

Amell could work. Assuming he can get out of the GA contract. He does look a bit like Marc and has the physicality.

you mean Mr Hyde? he was already a ghost rider villian

I'm sure they meant Robbie Reyes, the new Ghost Rider.
Unless you were being deliberately obtuse, in which case disregard.

>street races for money to support his crippled brother
>possesed by the sadistic spirit of his satan worshipping uncle
>gets super drugs out of his community
>has a kick ass car
>is spanish
>costume pays homage to Johnny, who along with Danny Ketch could always show up in a mentor role
They'll love it

you're confused m8

Johnny Blaze had his chances and Nick Cage squandered them, I'd be ok with Robbie.

In regards to GR. I think Ketch makes a lot of sense. He's younger and just as tragic as Blaze. You can work with a clean slate, ignoring the movies since they were Blaze, and introduce the new GR. Plus Ketch had a great lineup of villains: Blackout, Scarecrow, Zodiac, etc, etc.

>rouge galary
Holy shit.

Name five Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider villains that arent shit

Fucking right my boy Moon Knight finally getting his time in the limelight. So damn pumped.

Blade and Ghost Rider mite b cool. But at this point I'd really prefer a Robbie Reyes GR, that would be money.

In a perfect world we'd get a West Coast Avengers with Hawkeye.

I'm working on it

Never forget, that great user
pastebin.com/ePAGMi80

I was reading the new Moon Knight and I love it.
What other Moon Knight runs are Sup Forums-approved?

>>street races for money to support his crippled brother
the rice fad died with Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift
>>possesed by the sadistic spirit of his satan
worshipping uncle
wich completely ignores the entire ghost riders origin
>>gets super drugs out of his community
Nowhere near as heroic as the shits danny has done
>>has a kick ass car
black charger only with fire. really original. atleast the tankbike was a new design
>>is spanish
who cares about race
>>costume pays homage to Johnny, who along with Danny Ketch could always show up in a mentor role

to have 2 ghost riders around and never been mentioned is stupid. besides Johnny's role in ANGR was minimal compared to Ketch's run

With Ketch you have
>Sister getting shot up and get in a coma
>mother goes crazy with grief and joins a cult
>Midnight sons
>driving half the country while bleeding out

it would also make sense in universe, Johnny losing the ghost rider a long time ago would explain why there was no mention of them in the MCU

The Orb
The Orb
The Orb
The Orb
The Orb

Good point. If they do a GR netflix series, I'm really hopeful they go with Danny. Robbie is cool, sure, but the GR is synonymous with the motorcycle, not a hot rod.

Not included is Ellis' 1-6 from 2014. Perfect story that establishes the character for the run you just read. You can read the 7-18 (I think) after, but they aren't as good writing wise, though the art is gorgeous.

Time for me to read some Moon Knight I guess.

>Rumors
More like people have been replying to much to those netflix thread we have here in Sup Forums, this is just parroting what we have already say we wanted.

Satan
Nightmare
Orb
Jack O lantern
Blackheart

Do some MK storytime, user

Read the current moon knight is a comikino

I've seen this before, but what exactly does comickino mean? Is it good or bad? I actually really enjoyed the first two issues of the new MK series. It's going back to his old 80's series roots with Gena, Crowley, Marlene, Frenchie, which is great to see.

is the best comic

>tfw we will never have a Mad Max: Fury Road Styled Ghost Racers movie

I just hope alternate universe me watched took a qt with him to watch it