Now the dust has settled can we all agree that this was the best sci-fi crime action TV show made to date?

Now the dust has settled can we all agree that this was the best sci-fi crime action TV show made to date?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BioylrW8jhU
youtube.com/watch?v=vbqY3DsCpfg
youtube.com/watch?v=KFm-pv-F4F0
youtube.com/watch?v=AD8qvpMw8Vw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Certainly the best representation of an AI.

too much filler

Goddamn right, OP.

I loved this show, but the truth is the last two seasons were a real waste. So no. It was a really well made sci fi crime show that suffered from the writers dragging out the plot.

Though, I have to ask, what other shows fit the niche of sci-fi crime action tv?

fpbp

But also yes, POI was the best sci-fi show in years

it started going to shit when they introduced Shaw

Oh, what could have been.

Based Emerson will now save Westworld, appearing as a guy in charge of taking down the Host Rebellion, only for we to find out, at Season 3 finale, that he is himself an host planted by Ford to defeat humans

One weird thing about the show was, I mean, it had around 10 million viewers or more for a large chunk of it, and still it was one of the least talked about shows.

This was beyond kino. But no no. Heaven forbid we have good TV.

Underrated show.

Fringe
12 Monkeys
Continuum
Dollhouse
Terminator: SCC
Alcatraz iirc

They have a tendency to be cancelled unfortunately.

I'll never understand that. I honestly see more people talking about it now, a year after it was cancelled than I ever did when it was airing. I wonder why that is

>Network television

Why do you think it got cancelled? It was too good for CBS. They thought they were getting another NCIS when they ordered it, instead they got a sci-fi show about AI gods battling it out.

Because the first impression people get is that it's a typical crime procedural but with a focus on computers. Plus the characters and storylines don't lend themselves well to social media fanboyism.

>Plus the characters and storylines don't lend themselves well to social media fanboyism.

How so? Didnt all the tumblr dykes love Root and Shaw?

They didn't have dyke cuts and colored hair ie. the type of shit flaming (rabid) SJWs retweet and reblog.

I don't get Fox. They always give these shows a chance by airing them, yet they also always cancel them after one season. Why? I mean, if it's cost or something, then why even bother airing one season?

They stopped using blank firing prop guns, couldn't bare watching it after that.

I remember reading somewhere that they had to stop because New Yorkers kept calling the police when they were filming action scenes.

New Yorkers are pussies

DUDE MUMBLING OPERATOR JESUS

It's my favorite show, there is literally not a single episode that I dislike. For me, the show got better and better with each season.

So you can make a robot look like anything, and you choose nigger. If they chose a sexy babe the show would still be running.

Why was Root so cute?

God POI was such a ride. Yeah the final two seasons.
>mfw
>when I hired you I had a feeling you'd be a great employee, I never would imagine you'd be such a great friend
>morior invictus

I finally checked this out & started watching it on Netflix because I'd seen a few /tv threads talking about how good it was & I just have to say so far /tv was right, I'm really enjoying it

>6,741 was a year ago
holy shit I need to rewatch this show for the 5 billionth time

My sister is one of those types claims to be open & not judgemental, gets pissed whenever she sees a lesbian with long hair or wearing a dress

It's not? What is it about then? I didn't even know it was sci-fi.

The last episode is probably my favorite series finale ever, it was handled pretty much perfectly. The last 10 minutes or so made me tear up real bad.

>I was built to predict people, but in order to predict them, you have to truly understand them...
youtube.com/watch?v=BioylrW8jhU

;_;

They really should've at least made a spinoff to this show or at least two more seasons of it. I'm glad the way it ended though.

That's exactly the problem, I don't think it was marketed very well or something.

The computer in question is an artificial super intelligence, and the show is one of the best explorations of it, as well as government surveillance I've ever seen

that still doesn't answer my question.

It's a sci fi show about the ethics of AI, how much more in depth do you want me to get?

Didn't they fuck the episode order of this? I might be thinking of another show.

whatever you say

Posting /ourguy/.

They did. Not really a big deal though since the show is still a procedural and most episodes were self-contained.

I think Shaws raging autism makes her /ourgirl/

Said it in the other thread, damn shame we never got the full story on his slav slut escapade, Fusco was an amazing character who got some great development over time.

Devil's share motherfucker.

youtube.com/watch?v=vbqY3DsCpfg

>spinoff about Joey, Logan and Harper when?

They decided to make Westworld instead. Given how much it focuses on AI conciousness, the connection is there.

The filler parts were the only parts the network wanted. Funny, isn't it?

Westworld isn't as good though. I was a little disappointed in it.

did that one chick getting preggors fucked the show?

More likely in a POI meets reality twist the blanks were probably setting off the microphones the police have set up on every block to record, automatically triangulate & report any gunfire

It was very good, but suffered from episodic bulldshit. Would have been better if each season was 10 episodes and cut out the story of the week nonsense. root is love. root is life. Also yes the depiction of AI was the coolest shit ever.

How about making some sense? You say "the computer in question" without even explaining what computer you're talking about. How are people supposed to know what the show is about if the fans can't even properly describe it?

>Also yes the depiction of AI was the coolest shit ever.

>literally Fedex's itself piece by piece to safety while creating hard copy paper data as a backup

So fucking cool, everybody just got left with blueballs and Finch just couldn't stop smiling.

>times when John and the gang were too late to stop it

>Because the first impression people get is that it's a typical crime procedural but with a focus on computers
>computers

Maybe you should read the posts you reply to more carefully

god damn that is a gorgeous woman

Based.

Wow, this looks like trash.

>dem teeth

Still would, forever and ever.

That and for a sand nigger she's fucking hot.

>Posting /ourguy/
Nah, Fusco is actually good at his job, he's just overshadowed by people cooler than him.

100% ourguy

Is it just me or did Sarah Shahi age like milk during her time on POI? In her first couple of seasons she was insanely hot, but by the end she looked 10 years older. The fuck happened?

youtube.com/watch?v=KFm-pv-F4F0

Pic related is her in S5 for comparison

She had her face done looks like. Shitty plastic surgeon probably.

It just aired the last episode yesterday in Bongland for the first time.

I think her face was already done long before she was ever on POI, I've never known a Persian girl who didn't atleast have a nose job, but by the end of S5 her face looked like it was melting. What the hell did she do to herself?

all jokes aside, claypool was actually /ourguy/

Literally who. The show!

The cringe lady duo ruined the show. Also killed off the sheboon too early as well

She probably got more procedures done over the past few years. Some people literally get addicted to cosmetic surgery until their face turns into a mangled wreck.

If youre referring to the cast then you might be on the wrong board
>long time genre tv darling amy acker
>michael emerson who won a shitload of awards for LOST
>jim "jesus" caviezel
Theyre only literally whos if youve never watched TV and film

As for the show itself, yeah nobody knew it existed, even though it ran for 5 seasons

>Also killed off the sheboon too early as well

You can't remember Carter? Seriously?

Also it gave us one of the best cold openings ever so you're wrong.

best one-shot episodes?

She is NOT for lewds

The B team should have been Logan, Joey and Genrika

That just makes me really sad. She ruined herself, and she used to legit be one of the hottest women in the world.

Women should not be allowed to get plastic surgery, they get way too crazy with it.

Agreed, Root is pure

1st season was best because (((implied))) John kills people. Remember that guy who raped/drugged nurses and John sits with him at that beach house asking him why he shouldn't kill him? Most balls the show ever had.

Things went south when they decided to Lesbians. Still good to the end, though. Just a bit south of great.

Honestly everybody always complains about the lesbians but it never bothered me, it never felt forced or like it was pandering. It was an organic relationship that grew out of Amy Acker and Sarah Shahi's onscreen chemistry.

The only problem I have with it is that it ruined the fandom for the show, because it got overrun with tumblr lesbians who were only watching for MUH REPRESENTATION, and any discussion about the show online always got ruined by those people. Especially in the 5th season

I'd rank Dollhouse and Alcatraz close.

In Extremis. The one with the doctor who gets poisoned by polonium, and because they cant save him, Reese just helps him get revenge before he dies.

>that bit where he starts describing Polonium poisoning to the guy after he drinks the Scotch

Shaw was into dudes. Established. If she started out as a lesbian or not-aligned, then I'd have been fine with it.

Another misstep they made was to create a romance between John and Carter at the last minute. Given more time (and reasons) I would have been OK with it. But they crammed it in sp/ just in time for her death /sp for the drama value. A poorly done thing in a show so well done.

Shaw was bi, it took her 2 seasons to even warm up to Root, so it's not like they just suddenly went "AND THEN SHE WAS GAY", it was very gradual.

I agree about Carter and Reese though, it was everything the Root and Shaw relationship wasn't. Forced and out of left field. They even tried it again in the 4th season by giving John another love interest, before finally realizing that Reese doesn't belong in a relationship and dropping it like a hot potato.

>show has interesting cast with good chemistry
>introduce two new special snowflake characters that totally break the flaw
>surprised quality dropped after season 2 ended

>they just suddenly went "AND THEN SHE WAS GAY"

But it seemed exactly like that to me.

> tried it again in the 4th season by giving John another love interest

I liked that girl. I felt that they had chemistry and liked that they didn't overuse her. I will admit that they had a less skilled hand in her writing later on.

>quality dropped after season 2
But season 3 was the best season, user

They apparently did, but I didn't notice.

No. I
it was awful, forced, ridiculous and bad acted

Different strokes I guess. By the time they finally confirmed Shaw's interest in Root anybody could have seen it coming a mile away imo.

The Reese and Iris thing just felt to me like they were just throwing Reese a bone because he was getting a little overshadowed in later seasons, so they wanted an excuse for him to have more screentime. Unfortunate it was a kind of lame excuse. Reese was better as a sad sack pining for his dead girlfriend.

the episode where he leaves her because he knows he can't have nice things was a great ending to that story arc tho

Best episode is when Terry creates an actual God AI and reins in all the nigger cattle

>Reese was better as a sad sack pining for his dead girlfriend

Agreed.

They did make root/Shaw believable in the end but my issue with it was that it was obviously a change of the character. Gay only bothers me when it is shoe-horned in rather than natural to the character or plot.

Plenty shows do it right: Walking Dead (though not a "great" show), Good Wife, Smash, Taboo, etc

Also, come to think of it, Root was flirty and signaling as hetero when introduced.

Last Call. It was really intense, though, I suppose it isn't one-shot anymore in retrospect since they brought back The Voice, which I thought was great.

Yes. And the Devil's share was literally one of the best episodes ever written on TV.
>that opening
>youtube.com/watch?v=AD8qvpMw8Vw
>mfw Reese is off the chain looking for simmons

>brought back The Voice
It's amazing that they did.

The only bad guy who was hinted at return but never did was that MI5 guy.

Two main characters were solid comfy, the story was a tiresome 'crime-of-the-week' procedural which wore thin incredibly fast.

The psychiatrist chick was really qt, was hoping Reese and her would end up together.