ITT: The episode where the show went uphill

ITT: The episode where the show went uphill

Bart gets an F

>dat south park episode, "scott tenorman must die"
>first time airing, July in 2001
>Starts off as the funniest episode to date in season 5
>had high expectations of cartman getting back at scott, my hopes were almost gone when I realize no matter how many times cartman fails, scott will always win and have the last laugh because he is smarter then him.
>commercial after commercial, adrenaline rises
>That unexpected ending scene airing was not only funny, but was completely shocking, that i blew a funny fuse.
>I remembered at the end of the episode where the iris appears, and cartman says "That's all folks" he had an evil smile instead of the grin. They changed it for some reason since the initial airing
>Credits roll, couldn't talk for the rest of the night, fucking lord, thinking "could they get away with that on tv?"
>Season 5 is considered one of the best south park seasons period.

Did you say an ORPHAN?!

>that moment when Bart started crying
Shit was real sad, man

This was the 1st episode I ever watched and I was 8 years old

If more episodes were like this, the show might be better liked by long-time viewers.

Venture Brothers kept going up and up

Chicken ball z

It just keeps getting better too. Eight episodes a season and one season per decade suck dick but the quality makes it hard to get angry.

fuck off waifufag the show was always good

I'd be an asshole if I just posted episode 1

Season 2 is amazing though

idk, this is sort of the turning point where Cartman transforms from entitled, spoiled brat to one-dimensional evil villain.he was better as a stupid bratty kid imo

Not really, season 1 was aggressively mediocre

I upvote this

It's called "Growing the beard"
inb4 tvtrope butthurt

This x 100

The entire first season is such a snoozefest until peridot appears that goes into this.

How do you upvote on Sup Forums by the way? I'm new, migrated from reddit

I always thought "went uphill" meant that the show was starting to struggle or stagnate. You know, it's harder to go uphill than downhill? (Might be because i'm a yuropoor, where it has the opposite meaning)

Pic related. Should have been the ending of S2 with a S3 to come...

In america downhill is bad, uphill is good, that is certain

goes with the saying "Shit rolls downhill."

I hate Radiohead (the members of the band) since this episode.

>This is the best I can do and I still failed!

This. Actually made me go back and watch the rest of the season. The plot relevant stuff at least.

I thought shit rolled uphill (when your subordinate fucks up, the shit rolls to you and then up to your boss).

Maybe shit rolls in both directions?

If you stopped liking the show in 2001, you don't like the show.

no it only rolls downhill

Mirror Gem is the first time I thought the plot could go somewhere interesting.

The Test is the first time I actually appreciated that Steven was the main character.

I thought the first season of Avatar had its moments, but really started coming into its own when they started exploring Zuko and his uncle more.

The idea comes from rich people usually living in the hills. Being uphill is a good thing because of associate with wealth and success.

Everything about this show became more interesting, more tolerable, and even funnier once Hollywood became Hollywoo.

Even though he's the shittiest character, Season 1 of Wakfu got really good after Adamai showed up.

I didn't use the whole thing!

Yea the time between seasons is horrible but with Vb it's worth the wait

I agree. And that episode with Zuko and Zhao's Agni Kai was what really made me feel like the show would get real. I was hooked ever since.

Even if, oddly enough, Zuko was never again quite as much of a badass as he was in that episode. Or drawn as swole. But his episodes with Iroh remained the best.