PLEASE tell me its AT LEAST better than Alien:Resurrection and Prometheus!!

PLEASE tell me its AT LEAST better than Alien:Resurrection and Prometheus!!

Marginally.

It is. But prepare for frustratingly dumb humans.
Fassbernder carries the movie.
I jsut saw it an hour ago but I think

Alien>Aliens>Convenant>Prometheus>Batman: Back Alley>Alien3>Ressurection>Avp>AvP2

It's better than Resurrection. But I preferred Prometheus to Covenant. This has too little plot beyond David being David, characters are pretty one note and it's just far too straightforward.

I came out of it thinking I wanted less Xenomorphs and more David playing mad God.

>more David playing mad God
this.
I would have loved a scene where he overwhelms the crew and experiments on them.
Or picking Walter out and demonstrating every step in making of the Xenomorph with each crewmember.

well, no

sorry

I would have liked a flashback sequence of David experimenting in the ten years leading up to the Covenant's arrival.

Alien: Resurrection was good tho

Yeah but there's just shaw.
Although seeing her being tormented for years and mutating more and more would have been pretty disturbing.
Maybe these scenees exis but he cut them like the eggmorph scene in Alien

It's worse than both actually. The final act was hobbit tier bad. The rest was just mediocre

If you hated prometheus then you're obviously going to hate covenant. I thought it was kino

The last scene involves the Xenomorph chasing Mary Sue and generic side character through corridors. but there is no suspense because Mary Sue knows exactly which doors to open and close and has the perfect plan good to go. She isn't even scared of it she just casually instructs David what to do and then at the end there's a goofy shot of her smiling. It's so fucking stupid. Then there's the epic twist which i would hardly even call a twist since a potato could have figured it out

No, it is fucking not. Resurrection had at least that peculiar european approach to it, whereas this horseshit shows all the stupidity happening around with a serious face. and goddamn, cgi in 1997 used to be much better desu

>but there is no suspense
There is, the suspense of whether David will help destroy the alien or if he's gonna change his mind and let it kill the survivors.

guess how fucking close i am to punching you in the face. Alien 3 was a lot better than prometheus

an ocean away probably

Alien > Aliens > Covenant > powergaps > Prometheus > Alien 3 > Alien 4.

What if I really like resurrection, but didn't think Prometheus was that great? Will I enjoy the new one?

>Alien 3 was a lot better than prometheus

kys

It is, but that's not exactly a high bar to set.

>better than resurrection
if you like the Alien francise, no.
if you like gay psychopath robots, yes.

>better than prometheus
no, prometheus wins on this--marginally

>Although seeing her being tormented for years and mutating more and more would have been pretty disturbing.

damn that might actually had made it a decent movie, go full psycho with david--since they were so committed with him already.

But if they do that they should drop the Aliens name and just name it prometheus 2:awakening or whatever

Making it a chamber play.
Just David and Shaw for the whole movie.
Shaw trying to plant a seed og humanity back into David why gradually losing hers, eventually David's councience returns and he tries to undo his deeds, but Shaw has lost so much of her humanity already that she asks him to continue as she sees his point now. David does waht she wants and turns her into a proto Alien Queen, then watches her lay eggs and the camera zooms out with him sitting next to his queen surrounded by eggs.

>Aliens are biological weapons rather than a species

REEEEEE fuck you Scott, shitting on fans cos your ego is too big.

It was always like this since alien dumbass

Are the Engineers and the species that David exterminated with the goo-bombs the same species? If so, why are they are different?

What stopped the Engineers from travelling to Earth / what killed most of them on-board the ship (in Prometheus)?

Why is there a xeno mural aboard the Engineer ship in Prometheus? Did the Engineers know somehow about David and how he would create the xenos? Is that why the Engineer reacted violently?

Why do Engineers seed life on other planets? What is their motivation?

What was David's motivation for exterminating those Engineer-like aliens on Paradise?

What is the black goo? Did the Engineers find it or create it?

Alien 9/10
Aliens 8.5/10
Alien3 5.5/10
Alien: Resurrection 6.5/10
Prometheus 7.5/10
Alien: Covenant 8/10

this

>What if I really like resurrection

Put Alien Isolation between Aliens and Covenant

this tbqh

>Resurrection better than 3

I mean 3 isn't exactly amazing, and I kind of hate it because of the wasted potential (that wooden monastery planet concept they could've gone with) it is nowhere near as bad as Resurrection

>Covenant almost as good as Aliens

At least, while being campy, Resurrection didn't take it self too serious. Also the space station setting was nice.
3 was flat out depressing.

Alien>Aliens>Covenant>Alien3>Resurrection >AvP>AvP:R

>muh Alien 3 was betuur
Sorry, Covenant didn't require an alternate cut just to explain were half of the characters went.

I would say it is, definitely. It's just terribly predictable and because of that it lacks any decent tension

Pros:

>Fassbender
>All the Engineer/Engineer society/Pathogen shit
>Gore
>VFX

Cons:
>You've already seen 95% of the beats in this film before in Alien
>Twist seen coming from a mile away

i just came home from the cinema
i have no idea if i despise it or it is meh

yeah, its fun

what was the twist

Havent seen it but some images look like the ending of Alien when Ripley is escaping the ship which is one of my favorite moments in cinema history. Any suspenseful moments come even close to that?

do the neomorphs have human teeth like regular xenos>?

You don't really seen their teeth as the attacks are rapid. They're fucking brutal though and in my opinion steal the creature from the xenomorphs. Far more scary.

that part where it tail-whipped that dudes jaw off, god damn those little fuckers are vicious.

She is not a mary sue, she dies at the end by David

It's better. But it's still not a very good movie.