Black Lightning | First Look Trailer | The CW

youtube.com/watch?v=RZpJeuXo2CY&feature=youtu.be

you ready Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V8o-ZYI5ofg
youtu.be/XIPMO12J6a4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I liked it, but then again i like Black Lighting as a character.

what happened to his dreads

I hope he doesn't die and the mantle gets passed on to his sassy teenage daughter

WE

>2005 was 22 years ago

That's static shock

And he likes you...

WUZ

looks horrible. getting luke cage vibes here too. not in the good way

I'll watch it

Pretty good. How long before the first crossover, 12 episodes?

Reportedly standalone and not part of the CW-Verse (yet).

woah, is this the power of nigkino?

The Cast.

JEFFERSON PIERCE / BLACK LIGHTNING (Cress Williams)

>A former 3-time gold medal decathlon winner who is now principal of a high school in South Central Los Angeles. A father figure to his students and hero to the local community, Jefferson is charming, charismatic, smart, and has both warmth and humor. He is devoted to his two daughters and remains deeply in love with his ex-wife Lynn. He also has a great passion for justice and a quick temper that he has spent years learning how to control. Behind his model citizen image, however, he hides a great secret: He was once a meta-human vigilante with the power to manipulate electricity, who made a choice to hang up his suit and his secret identity years ago to protect his family. But with the community under the threat of the nefarious crime syndicate known as "The 100" and a daughter hellbent on justice, Jefferson is pulled back into the fight as the wanted vigilante and crimefighting legend — Black Lightning.

LYNN STEWART (Christine Adams)

>Jefferson's ex-wife, Lynn exudes confidence and intelligence. Beautiful, but not to be trifled with, she can exhibit both great emotional depth as well as a flirtatious, mischievous side. Although life has drove her away from Jefferson, they share an unique bond and are both wholeheartedly dedicated to their daughters, Anissa and Jennifer.

ANISSA PIERCE (Nefassa Williams)

>Jefferson's elder daughter. Beautiful, quick-witted and intelligent, as well as intense and passionate. Anissa has great respect for her father and balances the demands of medical school with her duties as a part-time teacher at Jefferson’s school. Bearing the same strong sense of justice as Jefferson, Anissa is determined to protect her students from the Los Angeles's criminal underworld, even if it puts her life on the line.

JENNIFER PIERCE (China Anne McClain)

>Jefferson’s younger daughter and a beautiful and agile scholar athlete. She is a student at Jefferson's school and the entitled feminist of the Pierce family. Independent and outspoken with a wild streak, Jennifer doesn't hesitate in the face of danger, and sometimes appears to throw herself in its way, to Jefferson's consternation, a trait only furthered by the emergence of meta-human powers of her own.

Could they not just call him lightning?
Why has every black character in comics have to have black in his name?

Why does the same actress paly three different roles?

Literally Devon's Creek

youtube.com/watch?v=V8o-ZYI5ofg

>Could they not just call him lightning?
No, because he wanted everyone to know who was doing the saving from the get-go.

is everyone in this thread underage kids or you really enjoy watching these cw series?
it looks like youtube made

Black Lightning is an objectively cooler name

I really hope they manage to gradually include Static into this show.

And the other guys from the Milestone Comics (Hardware, Icon, etc)

I like the Idea that a superhero is a father and telling a superhero story from that point of view.

Most of them tend to be young and usually always have several father figures. Its nice to see one be one for once

Name is corny though.

not to confuse him with this guy.

That's a lot of niggers. And the big one in cheap costume punches the smaller ones, and zaps them at the same time.
Is this a thing?

>principal and father by day, vigilante by night
See? This shit can be actually interesting if they try new ideas for once. Though I'm a sucker for "coming out of retirement" stories.

I won't watch this show because there's too many black people in it.

Its still CW though so the writing and acting will probably squander all that tutorial

Fuck you white boy

The suit looks kind of stupid but other than that it looks surprisingly well made for a CW show

Is what a thing?

Will be cancelled for sure. Hell it's not even part of the arrowverse.

Looks good I hope he is apart of the CW Earth 1 with Arrow and Flash and not off on some Earth nobody cares about like Supergirl.

What a stupid idea. This series could've introduced Question or someone cool but now it won't matter

The comic book shows on CW are the top shows on that network. Even if it was the lowest it would still beat out all of their other scripted shows and Supernatural ran for over 10 years.

KANGZ

Only the ones tied to the arrowverse. They've tried to jumpstart other superhero shows and failed. What was that shit The Tomorrow People.

This is a DC show on the CW I'd be astonished if they did not have him in the yearly crossover.

>Retired hero

Does he get punished?

Pedowitz already said it isn't in next years crossover, it's being held as a mid-season replacement and it was in its own 'universe' as of now.

They've outright said it's not part of the arrowverse, nor is it part of Supergirls universe. It's a stand alone.

That's exactly what will happen. And then she'll go on to join the Arrow-verse.

Another garbage capeshit show

We wuz lightning n shiet

I made sure to a leave a dislike to show them that I don't tolerate all these shitty SJW series

The same thing happened with Supergirl give it a season.

Supergirl was on a different network so they didn't have a chance to make it part of the arrow-verse
Now they have the chance right from the start and they are deciding against it.

Supergirl would have been part of the arrowverse from the get go had it been CW's show. But CBS didn't want to be part of the arrowverse or do any crossovers at all. When the ratings started slipping they changed their mind and brought in Flash, but it was too late and the show was cancelled on CBS and given to CW.

This.

Just going off this, he seems too "perfect" as a character.

>Black Lightning, a character nobody wanted or cared about managed to get a show before Green Lantern

This is injustice. Then again I guess Green Lantern would be hard to handle from a visuals point of view.

Isn't Jefferson Pierce his secret identity? How'd he hang that up? With a noose? (no racist)

youtu.be/XIPMO12J6a4

>Wyatt from Prison Break is a good guy now

Nice

Ugly as fuck costume