>main protagonist dies off screen

>main protagonist dies off screen

What did they mean by this?

Pleb filter scene

pleb scene in an otherwise great movie

>I'm just looking for whats coming
>yeah but you never really see that

too over your head m8? maybe dead pool is more your speed

What I didn't understand was why he didn't do anything when Chigurh was hiding in the motel room and mr sheriff dude came back.

>>it was never about the young men you doof

did we need a "11 years later.." and Tommy Lee jumping up in bed in the middle of the night with a massive heart attack? his das is going ahead.. we understood.

It unironically broke my immersion when Chigurh got away.

The whole movie is about how you can't actually control the way things will go. That things happen randomly and unpredictably is what it's about. The ultra badass almost gets done in by a red light runner.

dude randomness of existence lmao

>Chigurh got away.
he didn't get away. his death is an inevitability. it's not like he can see a doctor about his arm lol.

"Even in the contest between man and steer, nothing is certain."

>The ultra badass almost gets done in by a red light runner.
speaking of that, who the fuck was driving the other car? it's fucking empty when you see it and none of the characters acknowledge them in any way.

>he thinks Llewellyn was the protagonist

lol

maybe the car was symbolic

Had no final exam for a class. We watched this during the final today. Pure kino. Retards in the class liked it but "didn't get it".

There's a reason most movies follow a standard structure.

I'm fine with the bad guy winning, but it has to be at the end of the movie. NCFOM felt like it fizzled out before the end of the film.

Pretty sure he got away and him surviving the car crash was just to stick it to the audience who expected him to die in the end

Wasn't it supposed to be about some sort of action/reaction karma, but failed in telling that?

The Tommy Lee Jones story about the guy who killed cows who got hurt from it. That was supposed to tie into Chigur killing people and eventually getting punished for it.

Only Chigur didn't get hurt by his own actions of killing people. Universal karma hit him with a car later on.

The movie doesn't have a protagonist. The book especially doesn't have one.

Tis a commentary on the postmodern state of man. The absence of the audience to the finale of life. The art of the not. Style before all. Deep.

The assassination of Jesse James > There Will be Blood > No Country for Old Men

Great movie ruined by shitty, "IT'S REAL! WE'RE SO ARTISTIC" bullshit twist. (Just like the Departed.)

Though I heard his death is revealed the same stupid way in the book.

The point was to make you wonder on it, and they succeded.

Basically it was an anti climatic death scene, just going against the usual.

I liked it actually it was pretty fresh. It also is kind of haunting, showing how his life was really insignificant, no grand finale just a shitty unimpressive death.

you can trivialize anything with dude lmao

>you can trivialize anything with dude lmao dude lmao

This is correct
I don't know you're comparing the 3 but you're correct

>The assassination of Jesse James

pretty hard one to make it through, personally I fell asleep when brad pitt was looking at some picture or something

You really are missing out

>There Will Be Blood
>more like There Will Be Boredom

No Country is way better than that crap you couldn't pay me to sit through it again

He got away in the book. No one else did.
>>"then I woke up."

>car driven by death itself
woah

>finally been around long enough to recognize this fucking troll thread

b8

You really have to learn to get used to representations of evil "winning" out if you want to get into McCarthy.

Chirgu was just in denial of the choice he had

He used the coin as a sign of destiny, to show that he had no personal choice in it

muh nihilism indeed

Ruined the whole movie for me.

From the 1st minute it was a great film, then the main guy just dies, you don't get to see it or even hear about it. fucking awful.

I wasn't trolling, I just watched the film for the first time and wanted to hear some opinions on a scene I found particularly interesting. I just phrased it like a meme retard.

He kills the chick at the end after she refuses to pick a side.

my bad, CALL a side

he hated normies too and normies have this muh neutral wisdom