Darkwing Duck 25th Anniversary Storytime

September 6, 1991 was when the first episode of Darkwing Duck ever aired, and since then, The Terror That Flaps has been one of the most well remembered Disney characters from the "Afternoon" lineup.

So in commemoration of the Masked Mallard's 25th Anniversary, how about we have a Storytime of the first issue of Darkwing's latest outing into the world of Comics?

That is...if you guys want me to.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3_ee6aZObyI
youtube.com/watch?v=G_nOXbNetVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=dOtDV2gBmM8
disney.wikia.com/wiki/Hotshot_and_Flygirl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Go ahead user. It hasn't been storytimed yet.

Alright, HERE WE GO!
youtube.com/watch?v=3_ee6aZObyI

I was gonna storytime this, but you beat me. So go on and I am eagerly following

>Zaslowe Ave

Nice

Now that we've gotten the pages used for preview pages out of the way, time to get into the real meat and potatoes of this book.....

....or the, blue cheese and tofu burger.

oh right morgana is still gone

MEANWHILE SOMEWHERE IN OUTER SPACE....

Ooooh you're getting to the best part.

Oh shit son~

GUESS WHO'S BACK~

BACK AGAIN~

youtube.com/watch?v=G_nOXbNetVQ

Goddamn Negaduck is so sexy.

I... I mean. Cool. So cool.

You dirty, clever son of a bitch....

"And so I've organized a little gathering~ Like a birthday party except.....the EXACT opposite...."

"And Look~ All of your "friends" are here!"

I love that page.

"You are so VERY popular....Let's start handing out the presents~"

youtube.com/watch?v=dOtDV2gBmM8

Man they even brought in Wolfduck!

And that's all she wrote folks! Tune in next time to part 2!

Until then, here. Have a bonus page for the occasion!

One month is too long to wait, dammit.

So this is basically a Darkwing Duck Arkham Asylum story?

Can't go wrong with that!

Technically from what I heard, Issue 2 is said to release next week, but only in print.

I'd purchase a print copy but they tend to sell out all the time. And for good reason too. So I'm going to wait until the digital release for it arrives.

In a way, yes.

Someone should do a storytime of the Definitely Dangerous edition!

Not counting the now non-canon DuckTales crossover, the last time Negaduck was in the comic, this happened to him.

I guess he got better.

Oh I'd love to but nobody has ripped that yet...

But yeah, I HIGHLY second this.

There's digital versions on itunes and amazon. What will it take to get someone to rip one of them?

wasn't Nega-Duck reduced to a bunch of evil and slightly less evil particles floating in the wind?

Pssst, user. I have connections to the writers and I can tell you there's a totes legit reason for why Negs just returned out of nowhere. It'll become relevant later!

He was.

How he came back is definitely one of the big mysteries that we should get answers to later on in the arc.

So if Darkwing Duck does well, will Joebooks revive more shows as comics?

>Gargoyles
>Kim Possible
>Motorcity

>mfw all the feline Darkwing villains I can think of were from the Disney Adventures comics
>mfw it's very unlikely to be Pokerface or Mondo the Mad Mask Misappropriator
>mfw that leaves only one possibility
>mfw FLUFFY THE EVIL KITTEN

Honestly, given how continuity lite the show was and how inconclusive Negaduck's backstory was, "he got better" still would've been an acceptable answer.

And lo and behold

This is the cover to issue 5 btw

>Muckduck
>literally just muck

kek

They're making comics for other Disney properties. There's a Disney Princess comic that had its third issue released today, Frozen and Finding Dory comics coming out this summer, and a Pirates of the Caribbean comic that was just announced today.

Aaron Sparrow has been dropping hints about a possible Gargoyles comic.

True, true. Anti-continuity was Darkwing's jam. This plot is going to grand places though, I'm so excited.

>Gargoyles

I still think they were plans that were nixed. We had Greg Weisman getting chummy with Joe Books editors around the time his involvement with Star Wars Rebels ended, he wrote a foreword for the DW collection, and Gargoyles even won a poll by JoeBooks on which property they'd do next.

Then, nothing happened.

I recognize everyone but the mouse with the eyepatch and the inmate with glowing hands in the middle.

Glowing hands is "Hotshot"
disney.wikia.com/wiki/Hotshot_and_Flygirl

As for Eyepatch mouse.............eh.....you got me there.

Glowing hands guy is Hot Shot from the episode, "Heavy Mental".

Mouse guy I'm pretty sure is a Disney Adventures-exclusive comic character, but I forget his name.

I just noticed the Beagle Boys in the bottom right corner next to Liquidator.

Shit.

>that time LP crashed The City
What the shit? That sounds amazing haha

when he became mayor and ruined things in 5 minutes

Classic Launchpad.

the original alt story was so much better about citizens wondering how they got a new paper out in 5 minutes

The Muppets reference they replaced that with is pretty forced.

True. But I also find LP's quote in the original to be more clumsy and doesn't sound like him at all. The new quote from him is way better.

Did Batman ever do this and not have it just be 'someone let the arkham inmates lose, I beat them up, the end'? Because this whole 'Most Dangerous Game' thing seems way cooler than any version I can remember bats doing. Like the closest I can think of was, irrc the league of assassins testing him without any of his gadgets and out of 'his' city.

As long as this means "The Blot's ink isn't just liquid Negaduck" this time and they go full Epic Mickey with it down the road, I'm game.

Am I the only one who thought Liquid Negaduck was a cool concept? Under a better writer, that could've been a fun idea to mess around with as long as he got turned back to normal when it was over.

yeah it was kinda neat and made sense, but then they also had him in limbo and then came out and fused with his particles

That's what I mean when I said under a better writer. Just take out the stuff with his consciousness being in another dimension or whatever the fuck that was supposed to be and come up with a better way for him to be defeated. (As in don't fuse him with all the other villains, don't stop him by just telling him he has no friends, and don't send everyone back to that other dimension.)

>Don't stop him by just telling him he has no friends

I am still ridiculously mad about that. Worst. writing. ever.

>Implying Negaduck gives a fucking dog's shit about having friends
If he really wanted friends that badly, then the Fearsome Five would be them. Horrendously bad writing.

I heard from a source that the writer had plans to explain why Negaduck was 'bad' and it had to do with him losing NegaMorgana, or some stupid shit like that. Basically, trying to turn him into a sympathetic villain instead of the psychotic bastard we all know and hate.

I remember when that issue came out. Biggest head scratch I've ever done.

Yeah. I prefer a Negaduck that's evil because he just wants to be which I'm pretty sure is what Aaron Sparrow is leaning towards.

I honestly don't know how to feel about this.

On one hand, I'm not saying I WANT this, but on one hand if done right it could work

On the other hand, yeah I also agree with you user.

Exactly. He's just bad to the bone. Aaron's definitely commented in the past about keeping Negs that way, so I'm happy about that. I don't have too many concerns with the current comic's characterization.

Also, how does everyone feel about Darkwing Duck's new tie? I have mixed feelings -- I don't really like unnecessary changes to character designs, but it's also so small it's barely noticeable.

Alright boys and girls, time to start story timing Dangerous Currency.

:^)

Mega link?

It's like you're trying to give me terrible flashbacks!

You know.......that's actually an interesting idea....

That tie, from what I heard, was a change made by Tad Stones himself. And Personally I like it. It's a redesign of sorts, without changing too much.

>On one hand, I'm not saying I WANT this, but on one hand if done right it could work
The thing is that a NegaMorgana should be evil. And in that case, giving Negaduck a sympathetic backstory tied around it wouldn't make sense. And from a character standpoint, an Evil Morgana would essentially be Magica.

Disney probably wouldn't let them do any of that shit anyway. They're actually still protective of Darkwing's IP.

It's their way of acknowledging that this is meant to be a new era for Darkwing. Tad Stones, the creator of the show, supposedly came up with that design.

Oh, I definitely know Tad Stones came up with the design -- along with the two gas guns. But I think I'm just emotionally attached to the cartoon so it's hard to accept change. It's not a BAD change though.

I can't really envision Negs rockin' a tie though, so I guess they officially no longer match.

It pays tribute to his pulp hero inspiration, so I'm fine with it.

Also I shall now post all my fav James Silvani sketches.

You're not wrong with your first statement.

>I can't really envision Negs rockin' a tie though, so I guess they officially no longer match.

Which in my opinion I'm kind of okay with.

Whoa, might want to be a bit careful there with that sketch. (what with OC's and relationships and all)

Y'know, I only recently read Dangerous Currency recently against my friends better judgement. A lot of them told me not to but I didn't listen to them. I honestly had a hard time getting through the comic, my chest hurt, and I was having trouble following what in the actual FUCK was going on story wise. Perhaps that's just me, I'm a stupid guy, I DECIDED to read it and I got what I deserved.

I might actually story-time it though...Just to trigger everyone.

I spoke with Silvani about this at a con, he said the tie was Tad Stones' idea.

Eh, it's all non-canon. I don't think Negs'll ever be the type to settle down with anyone.

>Urge....to make....attack on titan reference..rising.

Yeah I know but, you know how easily triggered people can get.

The only thing missing from this is something to represent Hades.

Negaduck would totally fuck with the Lord of the Underworld if he could.

Fff well people need to chill. James drew that pic as a gift to the OC's owner, she runs the forum where Aaron and James hang out.

I seriously love his mashup sketches though.

I'd read the shit out of that crossover!

You MONSTER.

I love Drake's little tail.

Maybe make a separate thread for this?

I will say, the coloring on these pages is top notch. I love the shading in particular.

>Bless my bagpipes!

urge to kill... rising