Supposed to be first of 6-film series

>Supposed to be first of 6-film series
>Budgeted at 175 million dollars
>15.3 million opening weekend
>26% RT score

When did Warner Bros start suck so much ass?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EKn-Rzt4qrI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

reminder that charlie hunnam beat several a-list actors to a pulp to win this role

>6 films

Wew

6? That isn't even optimism,it is madness.

WB were the only tools who didn't see this coming

It's been obvious for YEARS that WB has no idea what they're doing

The BvS fiasco proved it beyond a doubt

Disney literally killed all other studios being successful desu

guess you could say there's gonna be some blowback

Can't help but still feel bad for Guy Ritchie even if he filmed a shit product, he was such a bro on JRE recently and the way he was discussing how this movie had been delayed a while and how the release process has become a total corporate clusterfuck, it sounded like he knew this was about to happen

The previews were laughable. It was marketed the wrong way. It's like it wanted to be Gladiator meets fucking Harry Potter meets Lord of the Rings.

I don't know about the movie itself because I didn't care to go see it. That's how bad it was. I guess the marketing was right. They actually showed how bad it was going to be.

>releasing a medieval movie (a genre most people don't care about and those who do usually watch on tv instead) the same weekend as guardians of the galaxy

Warner must be competing with Sony for that "most retarded move in cinematic history" award.

Six films?! Who the hell would watch six films of that tripe.

>muh gritty demotivational reboot where Arthur was just a complete and total lad haha!

Fuck that.

I didn't know about this. Are they supposed to be going make some kind of the universe out of the material ?

So I heard .... Who is overseeing the project, >Supposed to be first of 6-film series ????

Not Disney

Not Capeshit

NEVER stood a chance

All the big studios are trying to emulate the success of the MCU. Unfortunately they fail to realize that the MCU had a built in fanbase that was more than ready for 6 movies.

DC has a fanbase as well but WB is just fucking up the films by over editing them.

>>Supposed to be first of 6-film series

lmao no fucking way

You got it. There were going to be separate films about Lancelot, Merlin, etc.

6 films? Bullshit I don't believe that. You'd be hard pressed to make 3.

>implying you don't want to see the Arthurian cinematic universe

It will be competing head to head with the Greek cinematic universe and the Mark Twain cinematic universe.

That makes me kek fucking hard, this nigga wanted it.

I'm gonna see it tonight with a friend of mine.

What was King Arthur's tax policy?

Sneak peek at upcoming sequel

The preestablished comic fanbase is only a tiny fraction of the people who go to see Marvel movies now.

The real reason why the MCU became a success is RDJ and Iron Man
That movie struck GOLD and the MCU was just a promise of "more like that"
And it has delivered, more or less

A cinematic universe needs that first movie to be really good and then it can coast from there

I actually thought this looked pretty good and was excited for it.

Sad to see it bombing.

I watched it, it completely jumbles the Arthurian mythos (Mordred, for example, is the evil leader of a race of wizards this time around).
That'd be fine, if it did something interesting with it. It doesn't. Everything in this movie happens as a montage. Action prologue? Montage. Arthur growing up? Montage. The whorehouse he was raised in raided and burned down? Montage. Arthur training with Excalibur in a Dagobah-looking place called the Darklands? Two minutes of montage. And you will get sick of Arthur's mom and dead getting killed by Phantom Ganon over and over and over again. Also, holding the sword with both hands is an automatic insta-win for Arthur everytime. Add to that repetitive, driving music that is basically Violin + [heavy breathing] and there's your movie.

Why can't they make a "straight" adaptation of the Arthur story without trying to remix it?

Just do Excalibur again

Is this the year the 'cinematic universe' meme dies?
>King Arthur universe: dead
>Universal Monsterverse: kicking off with a film written and directed by Alex fucking Kurtzman. It's as good as dead.
>DC Universe: Wonder Woman tracking low, Justice League will probably open low too due to the response to BvS and Sui-cy Squaa
Let them die!!!

It's not even medieval. It's set in Londinium, but apart from the name it might as well be Middle Earth or Fantasia.

Charlie Hunnam looks like the bully who beats up losers who go to the movies by themselves.

Universal and Fast and Furious say hi, user.

Or four movies out of The Once and Future King.

good flick. but poorly advertised

This would honestly be amazing. It would be like the Harry Potter films in that it would start off more childish and then "mature" by the time of the last film.

Wasn't Mordred originally evil? in conspiracy with Morgana or some shit?

OaFK can't be adapted to big screen because it'll have no audience. There are no big explosions and fights and plot twists.

Mordred was Arthur's incestuous son from Morgana.
They kill each other on the final battlefield. Mordred even does that "evil guy impaled on a spear but pulls himself closer thing" to kill Arthur

>start stuffing niggers into historical societies where they weren't present
>start giving women feminist roles in historical societies where they were only bedroom slaves

>surprised your movie flops

Hmmmmmmm

>Mordred was Arthur's incestuous son from Morgana.

hol up hol up what?

How was Morgana related to Arthur?

In this film, Mordred is an old, bald man with vulture-like features wearing a ridculous antler crown and warging into Giga-Olifants when Arthur is still an infant. He has no dialogue and is defeated by Uther Pendragon and his magic sword Excalibur during the prologue.

Go read Wikipedia you inbred retard.

What the fuck man

>When did Warner Bros start suck so much ass?

With Batman Forever

>watching a Guy Ritchie movie post-Madonna

no

Neither Digimon Honshu as Sir Bedivere nor the composite character of Nimue/Guinevere have anything to do with the movie flopping. Hell, Guinevere has maybe 10 minutes of screentime and no overtly feminist dialogue. It's just ridiculous. There's Shaolin monks training Arthur and their leader, looking like a completely stereotype, is called Kung Fu George.

dont forget jurassic shit

In some versions she's the mother, in others it's Queen Morgause and Morgana is just a powerful fairy (LeFay, geddit?).

>Not adapting the Warlord chronicles
Deserved to flop

>implying Man From UNCLE wasn't a masterpiece.

>Kung Fu George
If this movie had just committed to being a Guy Ritchie movie this wouldn't bother me nearly as much.

You gotta be shitting me !! Who is developing those projects orrrr... you are just making THAT up ???

>cgi shitfest with no substance directed by gut ritchie
>charlie "what is acting? "hunnam as the lead
>king arthur, a stpry told 19384758390029276 times before
Wow, did it flop? Colour me fucking surprised zen-pie

Ser Robin origin story flick when?

>When did Warner Bros start suck so much ass?

It has plenty of plot twists, and loads of big battles. Have you even read it?

You joke, but I would unironically watch the shit out of movies about the old Greek heroes/demigods. Theseus, Perseus, Herarcles, Orpheus, etc. If they were well made they'd be lots of fun, and the Clash of the Titans remake shows that they could probably be successful at the box office.

You could even top it all off by having an Argonauts movie that brings them all together. And then a little later, in a separate thing, we could FINALLY get a movie of the Iliad.

The lady of the lake literally emerges from a mud puddle in this movie.

lol

You mean we could've had a spinoff about Aiden's character Goosefat Bill Wilson?! GODDAMNIT WB, GREENLIGHT THAT SHIT!

Aunt

I enjoyed this movie a lot tho

They actually hinted at a prequel during the movie.
When they're trying to kill Vortigern by sniping him with an arrow, Digimon tells Arthur that CIA shares a past with Lord Mercia, Vortigern's right hand man, whom he then kills instead when Vortigern will not show up.

>it's a gray filter episode

When will WB learn?

The most most successful franchises right now don't use a fucking gray filter

EVEN THE FUCKING POSTER HAS A GRAY FILTER

I'm only interested in this if you get a creative team that actually cares about these stories and recognizes their literary value, not some MCU-tier horseshit CGI action for babies

What's the Universal Monsterverse movie?

this movie was kino. they need better producers though, someone who can add a more unique touch such as costumes, character design, dialogue.

just watched it today, it's a big pile of shite

>>muh gritty demotivational reboot where Arthur was just a complete and total lad haha!
Just do it in a modern setting and this would be kino

>mfw this is pretty much true
Idk I'd still go see a sequel. I was pretty well aware that I was going to see a Guy Ritchie movie and not a King Arthur movie.

Apparently there's not much market for either, which sucks.

This movie deserves better than it's getting.

>My experience running Six Flags will surely help me run WB!
>I hope AT&T keeps me around to continue my vision!

Mummy with Tom Cruise

>The real reason why the MCU became a success is RDJ and Iron Man
*cough* dark knight *cough*

not disney directly, but WB fucking up and kicking alan horn out to early retirement for no reason.

There is a reason why Disney hired him IMMEDIATELY after WB let him go, they were probably laughing their asses off when they saw he was available in 2011 and look at them now. He's a fucking Hollywood legend

under horn WB was #1 in hollywood for 3 years in a row in his last 3 years. he's responsible for

the perfect storm
the departed
happy feet
ocean's trilogy
sherlock holmes
batman begins trilogy
inception
million dollar baby
hangover trilogy
harry fucking potter
gran torino

all smash hits

what has WB done since? they can't even get DC right, and that should be easy as fuck

This is why you don't fuck with what Excalibur already did with absolute perfection.

Why king arthur? Isnt it a BIT overdone?
Fucking marketers.

They dun goofed when they traded Vinnie Jones for Beckhammies.

holy shit

Thats in the movie Excalibur, in the olser tales he's Arthur's nephew and steals the crown while Arthur is awaybat war. Also Morgana isnt evil, is mainly just a thirsty witch, she is also one of the women to take arthur to his resting place.

When did the narrative change from "the DCU is bad" to "WB is bad"

really makes you think

>HELP HELP I'M BEING OPPRESSED

Unless you have stock in either company stop whining about brandwars and conspiracy theories you slimy little shit.

>wanting major studios to make more historical/mythological films

enjoy your black Odysseus and muslim Achilles. historical movies are dead for the time being; no one will put money into a project unless they can turn it into captain planet.

What I wouldn't give for Wonder Woman to flop to see you flop around screeching like a banshee that your precious studio is da bestest and da mean widdle Mouse is bullying them.

Every time someone says boo you're immediately there to cry about it, and yet you cry about shills and bots?

Get a life.

I miss the days when they would focus on making one movie and if it did well they would make a sequel.

you're a dumb capshitposter memer who doesn't know anything about the business

tsujihara has been a terrible CEO for WB

> man from uncle
> jersey boys
> BvS not even breaking a billion
> edge of tomorrow shit marketing
> hobbitt trilogy being complete shit
> dceu in general being shit, WW is the most famous female superhero, women make up over 50% of the audience and you won't even have a record opening
> fired 10% of the workforce, which means you're trying to save money
> fantastic beasts underperformed
> pan
> king arthur
> jupiter ascending
> point break
> focus
> mad max underperforming
> entourage
> collateral beauty

he's below average to average at best, and certainly not good enough to shine horn's shoes

Over-investment is serious problem, it's ruined more than one great movie company.
youtube.com/watch?v=EKn-Rzt4qrI

Oh, the Marvel Studios don't have heart meme/lie.

>white male lead
>2017
lol

>and yet you cry about shills and bots?

How else do you explain that image.