youtube.com/watch?v=kpbmd_aXy1o
youtube.com/watch?v=-ouwlfw69zs
youtube.com/watch?v=gD9LDIGnG_M
youtube.com/watch?v=UaOoz0bD-ik
youtube.com/watch?v=o7W4QD4ez9I
vimeo.com/35488009
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Blame America. They mostly play it's content and the Canadian made stuff bland.

They're as good as they always were user. You're the one who changed.

That's mind mindbogglingly bullshit. Teletoon used to air Ninja Scroll, and those shorts with the red-headed chick that was always going around topless.

>Endless Nick reruns and Spongebob/FOP on YTV
>Teletoon only shows trash like that Johnny Test shit everyone here hates
>Teletoon Retro is dead

Nah. Just nah.

>in b4 someone tries to blame the downfall of YTV and Teletoon on Can-Con
The requirement that Canadian networks air a set amount of Canadian content was established decades before YTV was founded.

There were so many great Canadian shows back then too like Freaky Stories and Reboot. YTV is just complete garbage now. It's not fair that even Cartoon Network and Nick at least get some new cartoons whereas YTV literally just stopped caring.

>forgot Nelvana
They are based in Canada and made stuff like Jacob Two-Two, the Boba Fett cartoon segment in the Star Wars Holiday Special and some more Star Wars spin-offs like Droids and Ewoks.

CBC used to air Kids in the Hall and the Red Green Show.

Now they have....

Corus is what went wrong.

They bought up all of those channels as well as Nelvana and gutted them all.

>On September 29, 2000, after almost two weeks of negotiation, Corus Entertainment acquired Nelvana's operations for C$554 million.

>A year after Corus' purchase, co-founders and co-CEOs Loubert and Smith left the studio. Loubert voluntarily left in November after Corus eliminated 50 positions from the staff, saying "The time has come that Corus will stop acquiring for a while and start operating. John Cassaday has made that clear, but this makes my job less rather than more".

youtube.com/watch?v=oJu5l6mysi4

Oh fuck I love that sketch, they intentionally made it as offensive and expensive as they could get away with and the sketch is named 'Screw you taxpayer'.

As for what OP said, honestly I think that a lot of shows wound up relying on flash animation far too much and just decided to rehash old ideas rather than try to come up with interesting concepts. That and it is a lot cheaper to just air the bare minimum of Canadian made programming and just buy the rights to air shit made in the states.

Corus really did ruin everything, it's odd how they now have a monopoly on children's TV stations in Canada

Carlos still works at YTV, and has been for 14 years

>shorts with the red-headed chick that was always going around topless

Elaborate.

It's not odd, it's intentional strategy. They also own the Canadian licenses for a bunch of American equivalents like Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon and they own Toon Boom software.

He made it longer than PJ Phil, feels bad man
It's smart for them to make money, I'm just surprised such a blatant monopoly is allowed.

This channel is a goldmine

youtube.com/watch?v=kpbmd_aXy1o
youtube.com/watch?v=-ouwlfw69zs
youtube.com/watch?v=gD9LDIGnG_M

It's because the CRTC is a fucking joke and the chair is typically a toadie in service to our shitty media and telecom companies.

I think he might be talking about Spicy City, Teletoon used to air all kinds of weird stuff at night back then

>What went wrong?

You know I actually have no idea- It happened somewhere around the mid to late 2000's but YTV and Teletoon just sort of.. fucked off?

Like all the unique little shows and Canadian made content got less and less a long with anime, etc..

Now YTV almost exclusively airs fucking spongebob squarepants and live action shit??? With no Anime block and Teletoon just sort of.. I'm not 100% sure what Teletoon does right now.

The latest generation of Canadian artists and animators being uninspired as fuck.

Lolita. It was called, looked like a French cartoon short or something.

Teletoon Retro was an oasis and probably the only good cartoon channel left in Canada but they killed it. Family CHRGD seems promising at least. It's getting the Ironman anime which will be the first anime aired on Canadian TV in years.

youtube.com/watch?v=UaOoz0bD-ik

I'm fairly certain the canadian govt just dropped support for all sorts of studios and drove them into the dirt
Nova Scotia film industry all but died because of it

Wow they would never air something like this today

Here's a gem
youtube.com/watch?v=o7W4QD4ez9I

Tina Kwee best girl.

The only existing episode of Bod Squad online, for any Ontarians here. Patty went on to host CBC Kids block, pretty sure she's still there too. I don't know why they'd think kids then would get the Mod Squad reference, I know I sure didn't.
vimeo.com/35488009

Inquiring Minds was a great TVO show from around this time, there are some episodes on YT.