Is it racist for white people to wear Asian rice hats?

Long story short, I wanna order one to go alongside with my new carbon steel wok, that I'm super excited about.
But I'm not sure if it's appropriate.
I look vaguely Asian a bit, so it should be fine right? Or is this culturally insensitive?

I don't think it's racist to wear a hat

that's just a device intended to keep rain of the head

is it racist for asians to wear rubberized raincoats?

It's perfectly fine, OP, I do it all the time.

Me in the pic.

it is very very racist insensitive

yes

you should be okay.

No and that is a retarded question

is it racist for nonwhites to wear pants?

I want her to pick my seeds up.

>magyarbro
>i look vaguely asian a bit

i see what they did there

>twf I committed numerous acts of racism against Americans when I bought jeans
S O R R Y
O
R
R
Y

>Is it racist for white people to wear Asian rice hats?

not at all :D

>that's just a device intended to keep rain of the head
I thought they were made out of straws, so I fail to see how do they achieve that? Don't they just get all soggy and wet on the head? Or are they treated with some kind of oils or chemicals?
But anyway, I mostly intend to wear it for fun, cause I like them so much. Although during summers and spring I can definitely see myself wearing it outside to protect against the sun.

wow, that hat looks super nice. Very high quality. Do you know where can I buy one like that?

well it also keeps that hot sun off their backs quite nicely

Go ahead and buy it, you won't look stupid at all

It's not and Asians couldn't care less about you wearing a hat.
Asians take lots of pride in keeping the traditional culture alive, by doing old rituals, rebuilding traditional houses or monuments and by wearing traditional clothes. When I was in Korea I never tried to put a traditional outfit cause I thought that I would look stupid but I got many incitations from Korean themselves to do so.

The idea of racial insensitivity comes from outsiders wearing traditional outfits, art, etc, and not understanding them, doing it as a joke, or worse profiting off of them. Theres absolutely nothing racists about wearing a yukata in Japan to go see fireworks and most people wouldn't argue that there is.

NOOOOOO
Only honorary yellows wear rice hat!
No wypipo

Yes but that shouldn't be a problem for a magyar

It's not like your ancestors (some are still alive btw) bombed a bunch of rice farmers or anything...

Like said, wearing them as a joke/profit/being unaware is a bad idea. You'd look like a retard thinking you look Asian wearing a rice hat, because it's not really a traditional outfit. Its just a hat worn in the past.

It's like wearing a top hat in Europe and being all giddy about it and telling your friends how "Euro" you are. Yes, only whites wore it for the most part, but its just not something that defines Europe as a whole. Wearing it because its "traditional" is kind of insisting otherwise and makes you a dumbass.

Even stuff like wearing yukatas around town without reason makes you look like a fool. Yes, people are cool with (and appreciate even) when foreigners wear it while touring traditional parts of Kyoto, going to festivals, etc, but don't wear it just go to to a supermarket.

Dude? What are you talking about?

Not really.
I bought one when I visited San Fran
I like to use it when I'm out and about doing yard work around my lawn and backyard. It covers a lot out here in the desert.

¡¡¡READY FOR DIE FOR COUNTRY COMMIE SON OF A BITCH¡¡¡

It's not racist, since it just a hat and it doesn't even have a proper symbol.

>pleb rice hat
hungary is an asian cunt, so go ahead as you wish

Why would it be racist for a mongoloid Hungarian to wear an Asian hat?

Wait, are phone-tan's a thing?

for white person it may be, for hungarians its requirement

Going to Mexico soon, is this traditional grab appropriate to wear?

*garb