Was he right?

Was he right?

>Implying Zemo isn't the non-X "Rightclops"

Oh wait, that's Doom. But the MCU won't likely have Doom anyway.

about what? That the Avenger had some blame in his families death? Yeah, it's mostly on Tony, Bruce, and Wanda but yeah.

From his point of view, the Avengers are evil.

No, but I'd still hit it.

He reacted in the way anyone with his resources, unyielding hatred, and drive would react. I say he was in the right.

He was cute

He accomplished his goals and that's way better than being right. The only thing he failed to do was kill himself, and he didn't seem to be too bummed about that in the end.

No, of course.
I mean, everyone would want revenge, sure, but I don't think killing heroes is right.

He planned for someone to stop him from killing himself.

no he didnt

He planned for you to think this as well.

w-what?

Exactly.

muh pain, it would have been better if more died so more would know my pain, pathetic, where is the real Zemo?

He wanted revenge for his family. It's not as easy as right and wrong.

So, he was right to blow up a UN meeting to sign an accord that would have done what he wanted, to make the Avenger accountable for their actions. Killed people that had nothing to do with his vendetta. Just on the off chance that it might make the Avengers get mad at each other.

he didnt want the Avengers under a new banner, he wanted the Avengers gone forever

>MUH FAMILY DIED
>kills even more people
>breaks up a super hero team that's the Earth's only defense against aliens and other super humans
>m-muh family.....
The perfect ending would be after he says "Did it?" Thanos lands on Earth and kills an entire city block.

Good job man you avenged your family :)

people do crazy shit for love

Only Avengers speak in absolutes.

who cares about one psychologist or a bunch of stuffy diplomats.

want to make an omelette you gotta break a few eggs.

i would let him read me words out of his journal while i played with his hair

No, because he blamed all the Avengers instead of Tony. If he just went after Tony and Wanda, then he would be right.

That part where he explains he had to dig through rubble for 2 days to find his Families bodies while the Avengers just fucking flew home after stopping Ultron.

How many people in New York died trapped under rubble or in burning buildings while the Avengers sat and ate fucking lunch.

>It's not enough they saved the world and rescued all those people, they have to be on cleanup duty as well.

Fuck off you entitled cunt, they did their part and more.

No. But at least he got Iron Man and Cap to beat the shit out of each other for awhile and helped make 70% of the Avengers fugitives. Cheers.

THIS

If Zemo hadn't done that, but infiltrated the HYDRA base in Siberia to obtain the footage of Bucky killing Tony's parents and upload it online, it would've been just as effective without innocent people in the crossfire.

And how would he have found the HYDRA base in Siberia?

I know BvS was very flawed, but I did like how it addressed the fallout of survivors during metahuman brawls in a city. I imagine there's someone who lost their legs or their kid died in the Battle of NYC. Similar to Zemo's situation, but instead, said survivor goes to Congress and the media to protest that superpowered vigilantes aren't the answer.

He got all that info from the former HYDRA officer who drowned himself willingly. He had access to the officer's files including the Red Book containing Bucky's trigger words.

It rather felt like Zemo went around breaking eggs for its own sake.

He got Bucky's trigger book from the Hydra guy and nothing else. Remember he told the guy, if he didn't talk, he'd have to resort to cruder methods. Bombing the UN was probably one of those cruder methods he wouldn't have resorted to had the guy talked. As it happened, he needed Bucky to tell him about the existence of the Siberia base.

He also said he decrypted HYDRA's files that Black Widow released. Surely he would've found the Siberian base there.

In fact, I'm willing to bet the footage for the murders of Howard and Maria Stark are in those encrypted files. Zemo wasn't dying of cancer so he should've been more patient.

Well I'm not sure if he was right, but he was cute.

No, he could have just killed IM desu and he even admits that he thought his family was safe in the outskirts implying he could have done more. I think he just transferred his self loathing to the avengers.

This is completely true.

Yeah because having the Avengers being controlled by pencil pushers is better than them being on their own, he wanted to destroy them and pinning them against one another is the only way he could do that.

I definitely thought of this but someone pointed out that if they Zemo had done that by the time that IM found Bucky it would have been too late and Cap would have explained the situation to him, and that's if Tony was even able to find him since it's implied Cap has been looking for him since WS.

Tony yeah. Does anybody know Wanda's involvement ?

72? I think

Yeah I like how everyone complains that Zemo's plan relied on all this shit happening when it's shown that he is able to adapt and has more than one contingency in place

>Surely he would've found the Siberian base there.

Maybe he knew there was a hydra base there, among others, but Bucky is the one who told him the other Winter Soldiers were at the Siberia base.

Where the Stark video came from exactly is never mentioned, but I guess it makes more sense if he already had that before. Since if he got to Siberia with no video in hand, that would be an incredibly lucky find. His whole plan falls apart without the video.

>but someone pointed out that if they Zemo had done that by the time that IM found Bucky it would have been too late and Cap would have explained the situation to him, and that's if Tony was even able to find him since it's implied Cap has been looking for him since WS.
The only reason people were actively looking for Bucky was because Zemo framed him for the Vienna bombing. If the video of Howard and Maria getting murdered by Bucky was streamed live across the world, Tony would be like a mushroom-cloud nuke.

I recall Zemo looking through the base's archives and found the footage.

Zemo's plan was pretty sloppy in the final act. If he was more subtle and didn't resort to that bombing, his victory would be FAR more reaching.

Of course

I forgot who said the line but whoever brought up that "After Sokovia, the Avengers just went home" or "flew away" or something and I was waiting in my seat for Cap or whoever to rebut that they helped care for wounded civilians in city or pick up rubble or something but lol nope.

And people call Man of Steel an asshole

I understand that but in the time between Tony finding out about Bucky and him finding him a lot could happen that could defuse Tony. It's also important to note that bombing the UN is a lot more likely to get Bucky out of whatever hole he is hiding than releasing some shitty VHS from 20 years ago.

exactly what is trying to say. Under the accords the Avengers would still be the Avengers, the only thing that would be different is the fact that they now had someone giving them orders, otherwise there wasn't any real change. He blamed them for the death of his family and wanted vengeance, he wanted the world to come crumbling down around them. Even if the Avengers themselves didn't die he'd atleast kill the idea.

>An empire toppled by its enemies can rise again, but one which crumbles from within? That's dead... forever.

Im not even into Zemo that much (MCU or otherwise) and I thought it was pretty damn solid. I'm mostly sure that anyone with a grudge that deep that had the intellect and resources to act on it would do the same thing in his situation.

He found a file box in the base.

The video still even existing is probably the biggest reach of his plan. I like to think Zemo knew about a bunch of things beforehand like both Bucky and the signing being in Europe and just crafted a plan to work with them. My whole perception of time was pretty skewed in the movie. I'm not sure if hours or days pass.Tony actually flew to Queens from Europe, found Peter, made his suit, and flew back in one day.

So tell me how it felt to have your heroes thinking they were about to prevent another global threat suddenly find out that they were outplayed at every turn and even made to turn on each other? How did it feel to see them lose?

>I recall Zemo looking through the base's archives and found the footage.

Well, it's still possible he knew about the assassination already (he did keep asking about that specific date from the beginning) but needed Bucky to tell him where to find the evidence he needed.

No he wasn't right and not really Zemo at all, but fuck if I didn't enjoy him as a villain.