Find a way to make her sympathetic

Find a way to make her sympathetic

Other urls found in this thread:

cinemablend.com/new/Disney-Live-Action-Cruella-De-Vil-Movie-Found-Perfect-Lead-104367.html
youtube.com/watch?v=zKWt-4FBjHY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No

She has cancer and is a rape victim now.

her entire family was eaten by dalmatians

She was raped by dalmatians

Her abusive ex-husband forced her to have sex and many times he forced her to commit sexual acts with her own pet dalmatians.
She resents dalmatians in general bec---

Okay, I got nothing good.

Please no. If that happened, tumblr would never take her off the pedestal.

To this day i still don't really see anything wrong with murdering young animals for pelts.

Im inclined to believe its seen as wrong simply because the animals were dogs and dogs are considered "pets", pigs are smarter than dogs, and im sure most of us don't feel bad about eating pork.

Raped by dalmatians.

Dalmatians did 9/11 and the Hindenburg

cinemablend.com/new/Disney-Live-Action-Cruella-De-Vil-Movie-Found-Perfect-Lead-104367.html

A man did her wrong, and that's why she hates puppies.
But eventually she loves puppies, and the real story is she's just trying to help the puppies.

So she's Jewish?
That makes her worse

youtube.com/watch?v=zKWt-4FBjHY

She's a fashion designer.
She hasn't had a hit in a long time.
Puppy fur is clearly the next big thing in fashion. She doesn't want to kill puppies, but her ruthless superiors force her to.

Give her parents who expect her to sit quietly with her hands folded and wait for an adequate guy to ask for her hand in marriage.
She falls in with a crowd of snobby bohemians who can actually respect a self-determined woman, but they're also jerks who really only respect the loudest, most outrageous, controversy-courting person in the room.
And she's losing what standing she had because she's getting old.

Not bad tbph

It's a cultural thing. Dogs are seen as companions of men. They've been used in war, and a loyal dog will defend you against attackers. It's just seen as a waste. It's a waste to use them as meat.

A lifetime of anti-social behavior has left her alone as she succumbs to mental illness, manifesting itself as a monomaniacal desire to create clothing out of various objects. Her two underlings, Jasper and Horace, are intellectually challenged men she provides with room and board and carry out her whims unwary of the legal and moral implications and unable to see that Cruella needs medical help.

Jim Gordon approves of this thread.

In five years time dogs will develop super rabies and it'll destroy the human race.

*101 dalmatians

It's wrong as she stole the puppies after her offer to buy them was rejected. Those are purebred dalmatians, they're worth upwards of $1200 each.

She was a common woman who's independently wealthy in 1950s Britian.

The shit she's had to do to get where she is makes telling her hired goons to drown puppies pale in comparison.

OP didn't ask how to make her a feminist

she offered to buy the dogs for any price before trying to steal them. its that second part thats pretty shitty.

In the novel she's an heiress. Also the same age as Anita.

I already find her sympathetic. Humans have been wearing the skins of animals for thousands of years and she offered a significant sum of money for those dogs. And they're just dogs! 101 of them no less!

Why not just make her a villain protagonist? She doesn't have to be sympathetic.

She grew up in a poor family where her father trapped foxes and skinned them to put her through school and to put food on the table. She and her mother would make fur stoles and coats from the furs to earn more money. As she got older she saw nothing but beauty in turning furs into fashion. Her tastes became more refined and she became a famous designer for her ability to create sensational looks. She devalues the lives of animals, but sees only beauty in what she does. A percentage of the wealth she has amassed is now donated to helping disadvantaged young girls go through fashion school.

She only needed 99. Pongo and Perdita make the last two..

The only wrong thing she did was stealing them. Was it ever illegal to make clothes out of dalmatians? If it was, she wouldn't be able to show it in a fashion show.

She's a fashion designer that started with nothing. Living in poverty with her dalmatian dog, who loved resting around her neck. Then he died, and she was lonely and sad. She tried to recreate her sweet memories with the body by putting him around her neck. Didn't quite work out in front of the mirror. So she made a neck warmer/scarf out of him instead of stuffing him. Now he'll always be with her and keep her warm. People complimented her on her beautiful accessory. She decided to pick up fashion designing. Started making money. A bit of a slide into insanity as she sees the ghost of her dead dog in things and seems to talk to someone often when there's no one there.

Eventually her project turned to a failure for being too mundane. She decides to recreate her success with dalmatian dogs. In the final scenes she's holding a lever to a machine that would skin the dogs alive, with nothing but the child pleading for their lives. with the pleas of a child she sees herself in, and understanding what the ghost of her dog was finally trying to convey, she contemplates her action. In the next scene she's seen modeling a large dalmatian coat on a catwalk. At first you think she did kill the dogs despite her apparent change of heart. But then you see the kid and the dogs in the VIP section watching her and politely clapping. She finishes her round and walks to the child and references her synthetic fur coat and new successful line of exotic synthetic clothes. She also pets the air near the child before walking away. The child appears clueless, but then you see the image from her perspective with the ghost of the dog being there in the company of the kid and fellow canines.

r8

I won't. I refuse to try to make this character sympathetic, and believe the entire endeavor is ill-advised.

Her villainy isn't the grand or operatic type. Her villainy is mundanely petty.

>They've been used in war, and a loyal dog will defend you against attackers

Not Siberian Huskies.

yes i understand she is justified to be labeled a villain under those reasons, but call me crazy, i dont think that's the main issue for most.

right, it is a waste.

Im saying that as a villain, her actual crime is theft of animal property.

Most viewers would think the crime is the killing of dogs for fur.

To make her sympathetic, all you would need is to give her legal possession of the non-pongo dalmatians. Make her less smug about the fact that shes slaughtering puppies. And give her a strong business motivation to produce dalmatian pelts.

This makes her a business woman just trying to make a living doing her job, and the protagonists as vigilantes stealing dogs for purely sentimental reasons.

The only other loose end is to have cruella legally allowed to harvest dog fur somehow.

You say that like pettiness can't be interesting. It would be nice to see a women character make shrewd decisions kind of like Dan from Dan vs.

In the novel, the dogs talk to dog god and wipe out all humans, so I don't think it counts that much.

After the movie Disney announces their new line of synthetic fur coats

True. See? They'd even get to keep the original two dogs to breed them again.
Right. Theft was not the way to go.

Couldn't she take two dalmatians and have them make babies and just create a steady amount of dalmatians to skin?
She already had a good amount of dalmatians

What a twist.
And Canada and Norway ban the movie

Well, she could simply go for any other dalmations, and not specifically puppies that someone owned already.
She's trying to skin and murder a persons 101 pets for really no reason then.

I could get behind this one.

thats what im saying here not to mention the fact that pongo only had 15 puppies, and the other 96 were rescues that cruella aquired herself.

if she was just going about her business murdering puppies for fashion, and the pongo gang stole HER puppies, it would turn the tables.

She only stole fifteen of them. Eighty four of them were puppies she bought legally. Then Pongo and Perdy came to the rescue and made 101. She only stole the fifteen to spite Roger and Anita for telling her to fuckoff when she offered to buy them for any price, not because she really needed them for making the coat.

So yeah, imo, she already is kind of sympathetic because she had 84 heads of her legally purchased livestock run away on her, and purebred dogs aren't cheap. She's shitty for stealing Anita's dogs but not as bad as people make her out to be because people often assume she stole all 101 dogs in the title.

Pongo and Perdy did steal Cruella's puppies. One of them had the line "the rest of us are bought and paid for."

That'd take too long. She wanted to make a lot of coats in time for the next fashion season, I think, and that would require a lot of young dogs all around the same age in a short amount of time.

The only way to make her sympathetic, while keeping her general motiff would be to have to slip into madness from the stresses of high society and the fashion world.

So like, young Cruella would never have slaughtered puppies for fur, and especially wouldn't have stolen them from her childhood friend.

But after decades of being in the industry, perhaps one failure after another after a lifetime of easy successes - she snaps, and the most beautiful thing in the world are these young soft, innocent puppies that represent everything she has lost; love happiness and family.

This longing envy is soon overwhelmed by her recent failures and lifetime of seeking out material possessions leaving her hollow and alone. She goes crazy, blending the two ideals in her mind - coming to the conclusion that everything she's ever wanted in life is a fashionable coat made out of beautiful puppy fur.

>not the most sympathetic, but the only way I think her story makes any sense.
>I never liked mustache-twirling villains.

>inb4 animals don't have souls anyway.

In the books Cruella is kind of implied to have some sort of illness. She likes furs because she is "always cold" to the point of wearing a mink coat in a room where everyone else is sweating balls. She's also the same age as Anita but has always looked haggard and has had a white streak. If that's not a thyroid disorder I don't know what is. Fur is literally a survival mechanism for her, and probably a coping mechanism because she's been a hag since birth. Her parents also probably treated her like shit for her illness even if they spared her "falling into the well".

Or just make her a hot anime dude who kills normies, then literally any kind of behaviour is acceptable to people.

She actually has a pet cat that she only keeps as a status symbol and admits she's drowned a bunch of its kittens. And then we learn that Cruella is the last of a long rich family. Why doesn't she have any living siblings? Did she learn about drowning "weak" offspring from her parents?

I remember feeling really bad for that poor cat that kept having to go through a constant pregnancy/heat cycle only to have her litter drowned every time because cruella refused to spay her.

Can't believe Disney's actually making a movie with her as the protagonist

The Christmas Carol episode of the animated series did this.

Feminists SJWs and animal rights activists are picketing her office daily and harrasing her staff because she made a rape joke.

Sup Forums now loves her

extremely shitty parents
mom was a fashion addict