ITT: Movies that will never get a genuine discussion on Sup Forums

ITT: Movies that will never get a genuine discussion on Sup Forums

BIG

>makes fun of liberals
>but it's black people making fun of liberals so we hate it

WE WUZ

i never knew anything about this movie and had no preconceptions of it. It's really unnecessarily anti-white and i don't say that lightly. if it was really supposed to be some way of expressing how zany and odd white people act around blacks maybe not make them out to be BBC worshipping psycho killers.

REDDIT CINEMA
E
D
D
I
T

C
I
N
E
M
A

BLACK
WUZ

Is anti-white
but it's anit-liberal as well, so its okay

If this is really how black people think of white people, doesn't that just mean diversity will never work?
not meme-ing

>AY YO IT'S JUST SATIRE MAYNE ;^)
heh nice try big man

Diversity just means straigh cis white male genocide to them, that is the actual end goal.

ASSES

it unironically is, if you prod liberals on the issue they will mostly agree... and then amplify.

WELL LAAA DIII DAAA

they will amplify ironically, by calling it a mayo genocide or whatever .

Blacks can't find anything wrong with whites so they pull this "dey iz bein nice 2 me but on da down low whitey be evil n shit"

The Dark Knight Rises
Problem Child 2

This is a dubs thread now

>It's really unnecessarily anti-white
Seriously. Zero white characters in the movie are good or even neutral, all are in on the scheme. And Peele just says "whites are jealous of blacks because genetically all blacks are faster, stronger, and cooler than you, sorry whitey!"
It's weirdly unnecessary because it's just a body snatching scheme, it's more of "old people wanting youth" more than "whites wanting to be black", but Peele worked hard to let us know that whites wanted more than just that (for zero scientific reason). It wouldn't be so bad if people didn't actually believe Peele's crap.
The racial aspect of the movie served a purpose for one scene near the end and that was it. In fact it was probably the best scene of the movie because as an audience we already had an idea of how "black man strangling white woman in front of cops" would play out. Otherwise, it was only there to give black people a hollow ego boost and make white people mad or at best uncomfortable in their skin.

Would you have preferred the alternate ending?I'm asking, not trying to devalue anything you said.

well... anyone on this thread WANTS to have one? i'm down

I'll pass the question to you then.

Didn't know there was one so I just looked it up.

That ending would have made bringing up race way more important and I think yes would have made for a better ending, if only because having Rod show up just to make a horrible T.S.A. joke (that doesn't really make sense) was kind of stupid. Though if I had to choose between that ending or making the kill scenes more believable/tense, I'd go with the latter. Chris shows no concern to being stabbed in the hand and actually looks annoyed when he's being choked out rather than terrified. I knew as soon as I saw the lack of concern for the hand stab that he'd be just fine and it really removed the tension for me.

I agree, I don't think they handled it well. Basically gave him strength he didn't show to have earlier in the film. Like. He was just going through the motions of doing what needs to be done

KYS nigger faggot

check em

philistines

Well this is the first time I've ever had an actual conversation about the movie on here despite trying to be as fair as possible about it so thanks.

About his never before seen strength, I think it's a sign of Peele's poor or lazy writing. Kaluuya is a pretty good actor, so I find it hard to believe that the more-or-less blank look he's giving for the climax wasn't intentional on Peele's part and I don't understand why. I guess he wanted us to root for a hero more than root for a struggling underdog, which just didn't fit well.

Anyways long story short, I think the movie was competent for a directorial debut and hopefully Peele improves his writing and doesn't go for the easy emotional tug of racism. It didn't do much of anything for its genre(s) but it showed promise for the next few movies Peele has said he already has planned in his mind.

great solid little movie held back by a script that felt lazy in depth. peele got a substantial depth, not shallow or superfitial at all, but didn't go beyond that.

the biggest accomplishment i can give is that it gave me, a non-black minority outside of the us, the same feeling that young africanamericans must feel everyday when they see a cop car. instantly relieved by the fatso comic relief because peele is a pussy, but the feeling was there for a sec and dat makes for a dope moviegoing experience IMO

See I was eager to watch it for Kaluuya. His performance in black mirror was so great. I really wish he got to carry over that into the film

good movie ruined by retarded Sup Forums posters who are too stupid to get it

Probably any Holocaust movie.

TFA gets talked about all the time here

Lol

I have no interest in this movie

kys

Yes, and it's so unnecessary that it makes serious discussion about it almost impossible for me. Even if i wasn't white myself i'd not be able to get past Peele trying to browbeat. It was just vulgar, really.

If we want to talk pace or tone, the Keenan guy was not funny. His scenes just ruined the tension that was already built up.

Was it worth it, black men?

Was it worth it?

>mfw black men now realize the devil's deal they bought into by chasing after white chicks, meanwhile white men get to fuck all the sweet chocolate pussy black men left behind

>2017

>not exclusively fucking black girls

Who's that much of a loser?

Too many women on Sup Forums

>women on Sup Forums
I think your confusing females with giant gaping fags who wish they were female.

I feel like you overlook the main point the movie was trying to make, the awkward situations a black guy will go through around those trying to prove "hey look, I'm not racist!" while still perpetuating stereotypes.

>One off

who is this fine chick

I gave it a shot and was so bored that I turned it off after an hour

fuck you guys

We told you you wouldn't be able to understand it.

If this movie with reversed races was released it would be up there with Birth of a Nation.

Was that "the main point"? It was definitely a part of it, brought up a few times, but I don't think anything of substance came out of those scenes, especially with how over the top and heavy-handed they were. Actually they felt out of place in that movie because this was not the family's first rodeo, they had done this several times with several other black men but still they were stiff and awkward, it almost had to be intentional. Unless that's the point, that just because they know black people doesn't mean they "know" black people. Another time a real commentary could have been made, when the girlfriend defends Chris during the stop early on, Chris just tells his uppity girlfriend that her bizarre racial justice temper tantrum was "hot".

I struggle to look into deeper meaning of those scenes because Peele claims the space Chris falls into several times in the movie represents all black people being marginalized, so I don't think he quite understands what he's saying.

AY YO HOL UP