Seriously, though

Seriously, though.

Why was Jon such a dick?

The man could not muster up a single fuck to give.

He didn't care anymore, which the comic and the movie repeatedly beat your head over with. How do you not understand it at this point?

Honestly though, I hate how edgy they made the comic. I preferred the original cartoon.

It's like when you see someone you view as stupid getting irate over something you find absolutely trivial and a waste of time. Imagine that multiplied dozens of times over for every human being. How could he relate to the dumb bullshit that's humanity when he grasps the micro and macro of all existence? Everything else seems petty and inconsequential.

>That episode where Rorschach had to petsit Bubastis

relevant

>that episode where the Comedian helps Nixon campaign for re-election

>That episode where Rorschach forgets to set up a guy for his double-blind date with Silk Spectre so he just gets a stranger from the coffee shop to pretend to be his friend.

>That episode were the Comedian and Dr M go on a safari to Vietnam

Post the rest, you faggot.

I can't find the whole thing

At least get me a source.

>that episode where Night Owl accidentally put on Silk Spectre's costume and everyone felt too awkward to tell him

I. Don't. Know.

Whatmen
It's from IDW and Scott Lobdell wrote it
I'll post what I found

It doesn't matter

That's what happens when a beta loser gets the powers of a god.
If a well adjusted human being got them things would have been different.

did anyone actually read the pirate comic in their first read through of watchmen?

Why would you skip it? It's part of the story.

This is probably my favourite page

This.

I didn't. I was like 10 and just skipped past.

I think you missed some pages there

I've never seen this parody before. Thanks for posting

Like I said, I wasn't able to find all the pages.
I didn't scan these.

Yeah thanks, I'm enjoying this. Might be time for a Watchmen re-read.

Which is why it makes no sense when he steps in later.

QUESTION:

Should I watch the film? Never bothered with it apart from catching like the first 20 mins round a friend's house once. Heard the director's cut was actually decent.

Ozy and Bubastis are cute

it's pretty faithful but has an alternate ending that's arguably better

Laurie taught him the value of human life, bruh

What if all people that he destroyed will be like him in future? He is walking paradox that is omnipotent yet couldn't prevent war or change really anything pretty much.

Wait like Ozy doesn't unleash Shuma Gorath's roided cousin on the city?

he frames dr manhattan for the attack in NYC. doc takes the aliens place as the threat that unites the earth

Hmm, that's interesting.

Thankfully, the final page was scanned

>Ozymandias's master plan
>"Make a Batman vs Superman movie... With Lois Lane as the main character"
>"Can we get Michael Cera for Luther? No? Get Eisenberg on the line"

It's pretty distinctly worse. It misses the point that Dr. Manhattan, as beyond human as he is, is still rooted in humanity and Earth -- specifically the US as a product of American science. What was created once can therefore be created again. Manhattan being the cause would only increase the tension between the east and west as the Soviets would now scramble to reproduce the effects themselves in an attempt to defend against the clearly unhinged Manhattan and his ineffectual caretakers. That was why the master plan required the catalyst be an otherworldly entity, as it provides a distinct non-human "other" to rally against. Alien invaders from space would trump the internal conflicts of mankind (ideally) and lead humanity to a golden age of solidarity under the shadow of Ozy's lie.

I did, but I didn't understand it. The writing style was too obtuse for me. The animated short made it clearer.

Shit, you just reminded me that I'd like to watch that again

On its own of course

It doesn't really fit in the ultimate cut

I like the Mad Magazine version better

It makes more sense for the film medium than a comic book medium.

Huh. Mad did a parody of the watchmen movie, also called Botchmen

Better art than the actual comic desu

Gibbons can't draw women

I did.
All the little subplots made the impact of Ozzy's plan and the climax of issue 11 hit like a freight train.

>Alan "Smithee" Moore
>Sorry, sir, there's no big squid in this movie

Only good jokes in the whole thing

I've always hated Mad's film parodies! They're so fucking word filled in every sentence, that they kill and maim the jokes! And every single sentence ends like this! Yikes!

I don't get the smithee joke.

And they only have four pages to work with, of course they have to cram a lot in

>You're so easy to talk to, Dan. The only positive human relationship I have. Let's ruin it right away!
Where did you get this picture of me

Which has implications that he never found value in human life even before he became omnipotent.

He was kind of a schmuck

Friends?

This is some great stuff. I especially like the big figure page.

He was a scientist, they're all assholes

Alan Smithee is a pseudonym directors use when a film they created has degenerated into a flick, and they no longer want their name associated with it.

I can't believe these were written by the same person.

Is the problem Mad's style guide, or was it only nominally written by Devlin and a combination of writer panels and editorial meddling reduced it to this dreck?

>I don't get the smithee joke.

When a director wants to disavow a movie he's worked on they change the credit to Directed by "Alan Smithee".

Alan Moore does not want to be connected to his adapted comics movies.

I'm actually surprised I haven't seen it before, it's obvious.

In hindsight.

Hurm.

Because it didn't involve rape, which is the only thing that gets his interest anymore.

This is somehow hilarious despite how crude it is. Or maybe because.