Japan best cuisine

Japan can boast about having some of the world's most exquisite culinary experiences, given that it has the most three-star establishments of any country.
Japan has 28, ahead of France's 27 (which also includes one restaurant in Monaco). The United States comes third with 14 altogether. Five can be found in New York, four are in San Francisco, two are are in Chicago and the others are in Los Gatos, St. Helena and Yountville.
China has 2, Hong Kong 6 and Macau 2, the Netherlands also has 2 and Norway, Denmark and Singapore have 1 each.

The Michelin Guide has been awarding stars to select restaurants for excellence since 1926 and today, they still serve as a major benchmark for exceptional quality. When a star is awarded, a restaurant is recognized as being very good in its category while a second stands for excellent cooking that's worth a detour. Very few places manage to gain three stars and that signifies exceptional cuisine worth a special journey.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=teIj7fak6eU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

BLACK cousin numbawan

how much of those restaurants are actually asian food ? very few.

t. Cuck

Michelin stars lost their novelty

Michelin stars are a meme

Yeah I think a lot of them serve fusion and "modernised" cuisine which takes heavy French influence.

youtube.com/watch?v=teIj7fak6eU

>cucked because other country are using MY food culture
you're the one cucked by not using your own gastronomical heritage in your fancy restaurants.
of course, 3 stars restaurants are pretentious shit for over wealthy people who don't know what to do with their money, i'd prefer snacking in a comfy italian restaurant tbqh.

>Michelin award
Ahh very prestigious yes

so which award is more prestigious?

The goodyear tires award of course

How do you know we use Hidden spice :french tear

why would i felt salty ? it's a french guide with 80% of french restaurants listed, good for you to have so many fancy restaurants, it really contrasts with asians fear of foreign culture.

Nah, Indian is better

I don't really have an opinion on Michelin but I know /ck/ hates it and bashes on it all the time. They also hate that Jiro Ono guy from the sushi documentary because he makes his sons miserable.

Out of the 12 in Tokyo, 2 are French. Congrats. The rest are Japanese. Tokyo, Osaka, and Kyoto alone has far more Michelin stars than all of Europe combined. Keep your dirty frog mouth shut.

Allegations of leniency with stars for Japanese cuisine[edit]
In 2010 Michelin guides ranked Japan as the country with the most starred restaurants. This sparked questioning over whether these high ratings were merited for Japanese restaurants, or whether the Michelin guide was too generous in giving out stars to gain an acceptance with Japanese customers and to enable the parent tire-selling company to market itself in Japan.[65] The Wall Street Journal reported in 2010 that some Japanese chefs were surprised at receiving a star, and were reluctant to accept one, because the publicity caused an unmanageable jump in booking, affecting their ability to serve their traditional customers without lowering their quality.[66]

just how the fuck japanese cuisine be better than chinese?
chinese food are superior in every way
tradition? check
variety? check
complexity? check
subtlety? check
>inb4 gutter oil
i'm talking about chinese gourmets

That's not proof but just an explanation though. You could make the same allegation to any country that had a disproportionate amount of stars.

Either way, I've walked around in Japan and it makes a lot of sense. Japan has a ridiculous amount of restaurants that only make a single type of dish, and this sort of specialization started hundreds of years ago during isolation period when consumer culture sprung up. That means quality of food doesn't get diluted by the variety, making the restaurant as a whole have a higher quality.

I would agree that China has the best cuisine in the world as a whole, but when it comes to fine dining (something China is lacking), Japan and France takes the cake easily. And Japan has way more variety than France. What do you know about Japanes cuisine? Just sushi?

Only I am allowed to bully France.

Its proof.
Stop dodging.

Japanese food sucks. You want this raw fish? You want this tentacle dough ball? You want this ink ice cream? There is too much sea food in everything. I love Japan but I just hate their food. Which is funny, because that's the exact opposite opinion I have of America. I hate America but love their food.

chink food is shit in comparison to others
spain for instance
sorry wang

bloody monkeys

Michelin stars have nothing with local cuisines. Read their standards.

t. mad that your country doesn't even appear on the list

>michelin star

not a baguette tier meme made up by frog people.

I think you're confusing restaurant quality with actual average level of quality of the food.
Like why do you think alot of japanese food don't meet the safety standards of the european market for example?

>fine dining
what a load of bs

White people have super weak immune systems, same reason the US has overly restrictive rules.

>t. projecting
I just correcetd OP.

pic related is India's take on fine dining.
In countries like Japan and Germany we have things called "restaurants". They're houses where people sit and eat food on a table, and they even have bathrooms with sinks where people can wash their hands, so they don't infect their food with bacteria. Not that that would happen anyway, because we use "cutlery"

>same reason the US has overly restrictive rules.

Thy have to make the standards high so there's absolutely no margin of error in cooking , safe isn't good enough, absolutely safe is. Our temp for cooking chicken is like ~15 degrees less then yours

>le poo joke.

then again, you are from germany.

Also,
>cutlery
>fine dine
>Michelin star
not a bunch of white men's pretentious bourgeois bullshit.

>t really contrasts with asians fear of foreign culture.

Nigger you kidding me? Are you actually honest to God serious?

Asians have weaker immune systems that's why they are basically obligated to use masks when in public.
The average western european is fully vacinated and has probably never had a flu or cold in years

Yes, fine dining that is respected by all culinary elite around the world. You are just upset that they improved curry and now their curry is spreading faster than yours.

Michelin is stupid because Italy has the best food in world

fake

fuck off netouyo

yes india needs to make their own awards to the food with the most fecal matter and call it the michelin starfish award, fuck refinement

*blocks your path*

*charges your filthy gaijin assu $800 for some raw fish on rice*

>UK
>5

what?

Is this American math?

Zhang

Huang

Chinese food is utter trash

>michelin

Did this guy get nuked twice?

france is over

ミシェラン知らねーのか?

Eyy this graph is outdated already, we got our third 3 star restaurant this week.

but the Dutch eat shit everyday.

kys

>Literally swimming in the Ganges river
You call poop infested water, clean? EWWWWW!

t. Wallonian using a Japanese proxy