Watched with family

>watched with family
>Rowley (aka best character) relegated to the first 15 minutes and a mid credits stinger (sidelining a fan favorite character is never a good sign)
>surprisingly focused for a Wimpy Kid movie
>the new actor playing Greg was a actually likable yet awful and yet you don't want to punch this kid in the face like in the original trilogy, major upgrade
>the new actor playing Rodrick went veered full retard in this one and wasn't a mix of likable, dickish and full retard like the original was, those NotMyRodrick posters weren't completely wrong with this one. Major downgrade.
>the parents were fine
>Manny was adorable at points
>Sorta satirizes Markaplier, hairstyle and all
>the clever jokes and the heart from the original trilogy is still there
>went full overkill on the gross out humor

TL;DR: not as awful as everyone says I was going to be due to the recasting and it was charming for the most part, and for the love of God, bring Rowley along for the ride in the inevitable sequel if the next movie they're going to adapt is the upcoming Getaway book

Also
>mfw they changed a ton of stuff
>mfw no Wimpy Kid main theme
>mfw no day to day life of a kid vignettes which made these books awesome to begin with and made the original trilogy kid kino

But at least they traded those for really improved animation.

If they went for the fully animated approach for the sequel, I wouldn't mind that at all

can we agree that Rodrick Rules got the best adaptation?

did you actually grow up reading this shit? i was like in highschool when it came out

Same.
>tfw 5 years is 5 years

>diary of a wimpy PIG

>Rodrick Rules
>Best Adaptation

POWER RANKINGS
>Cabin Fever
>Roderick Rules
>The Last Straw
>Original
>Dog Days

How about Alexa aka garret´s gf being in that movie...

Who?

>Rowley (aka best character) relegated to the first 15 minutes and a mid credits stinger (sidelining a fan favorite character is never a good sign)
>Rowley
>best character

Absolutely
If you had an older brother growing up you can't watch that shit and tell me it isn't pure Kino

Obligatory, now with The Long Haul.

>Rodrick Rules
>Best Adaptation
>the one that played it safe
>best adaptation

I didn't like cabin fever either. It was really fucked up when rodricks dick fell off

Pretty damn accurate

Why do I enjoy reading this kids books? Why do I enjoy some of these movies? By all rights they should be shit.

You frequently post on Sup Forums and Sup Forums so honestly your opinion doesn't matter

What?

>anime picture
Yeah so surprising you like puerile shit for children.

>doesn't like anime
Immature children who can't appreciate the finer things in life. Please, tell how magnificent your favorite shows are.

i remember when this was just some annoying ad on funbrain during school

I felt things during Third Wheel I thought I'd put behind me years ago.
What could have been, Sarah...

I watched these movies knowing full well they're kids movies and all 3 of them turned out to be the funniest kids movies I've seen in a long time and this new one seems to be a step in the right direction.

Also Rowley. Imagine Steven from Steven Universe, all that innocence yet remains charming, likable and doesn't cry like a little bitch.

>Sup Forums discussing books written for third graders

>waste of life tier
>Rodrick
Looks and character wise regarding Rodrick being a moron, yes. Everything else, he's low tier at best.

>post history of both anime pics show multiple posts on Sup Forums and Sup Forums

Cancer

goddamnit, does this thing have a torrent yet?

>there are people on Sup Forums who unironically like and follow these films
wait what the fuck

>a fully animated Wimpy Kid movie in the style of the original drawings
>mfw after watching the movie

I want this so bad.

Sup Forums is literally a website for retarded people

>being surprised people on Sup Forums like things you wouldn't expect

Did you just get here?

I can understand why people like my little pony
I cannot understand how people could like these shitty kids films unless it's pure unfiltered nostalgia because of the books

and the first movie since it's 7 years old now.

Also, any cameos from the original Greg and Rowley?

>this whole post

Nope, no cameos from those 2

My oldest nephew loves these books (last I saw him or my family he couldn't stop talking about them), but it made me sad for some reason knowing I have a shit relationship with my siblings' kids.

>checking out somebodies post history
autistic much? And what compelled to look at the post history? Do you do that to everyone in every thread?

Come back once you have an argument

When is there gonna be a book in the series better than Roderick rules?

That was almost The Ugly Truth and Double Down

who is she?

God, I feel old now.

I can remember when this was just a comic on an educational game site we used to waste time on in elementary school.

Funbrain right?
Also who remembers poptropica and that wimpy kid island? Jeff Kinney you legend

>pop-fuckig-tropics

wasted MONTHS on that. MONTHS.

How can you remember which is which?