Why Japanese people are so disinterested in their National Politics?

youtube.com/watch?v=tUV3sFnU2So

I thought it was especially surprising that a majority of young Japanese people couldn't even name the PM before Abe desu

What kind of stuff are the average young Japanese people interested in?

they only care about hating china

everything else is unnecessary

to be honest when people above the age of 40+ make up the vast majority of your country, then younger people are not going to be heard as much as a voting block
younger people are probably in the minority and don't get pandered too as much as old people and middle aged people in a country that is aging as much as japan.

I have heard anecdotal evidence that the vast majority of Japanese people don't know anything about politics and don't care - why is why you see the same party elected over and over. The small minority of Japanese that have bothered to care control everything now.

>Japanese
>national politics
The only thing they need to do is sucking big black American papa's dick.

what is he thinking about?

Probably it has to due to the fact that they are an island-nation that no border anyone, so they feel like in a bubble where world events seems to not touch the people of Japan on the personal leven
And probably to the super individualistic mindset that jap has

Anime, hentai, waifus, husbandos, handsome gaijins, American culture.

>i need to sell Sup Forums, it's not making any money at all, moot jewed me

These people seem kinda ignorant and apathetic to the whole situation.

>tfw no white gf

>finngoid being obsessed with whites
please stop
you are embarassing yourself

>I wish I were home posting on 2chan
>My feet hurt I want to be with my waifu
>tfw hate democracy

We need a new war so that your women can get another helping of the Big Japanese Cock

sorry chang/park you dunno tho quite number of people still not dislike Chinese except for sanfran burgers. what we most concern is doggoeeeetah.

"dog eater" in engrish

>Asian boss

we have several political parties but in fact japan is a one-party system
almost people are disappointed however we have only one choice
so we don't vote

Didn't DPJ have majority in parliament in 2011?

his english is actually good for a japanese

>almost all people
except for this it was perfect

>Japanese wife gets a part time job at the consulate helping Japanese living overseas vote in the recent election
>She fucking tells me after its over that she STILL didn't vote

Shit is infuriating

I had a Japanese roommate that was shocked at just how opinionated French people are in general, and particularly on politics. And I was surprised that the Japanese people I had met didn’t care about politics, other than (sometimes) specific topics, like nature preservation or Koreas/China. So we talked about the reasons a bit:

-A generally non-confrontational, apologetic, sometimes conformist culture.
-No democratic traditions to speak of: they went from the shogunate, to a restored empire that attempted to emulate western somewhat authoritarian democracies, to a military quasi-dictatorship, to an outright dictatorship during the war. Western style democracy was then thrusted on them by the Americans, and it felt overwhelming for many people. Big student movements in the post-war generation could have indicated change, but they fizzled out. With economic growth, people didn’t really care, everything was going well. The bubble pop should have changed things, but didn’t, at least not on a large scale.
-No attempt by the succesive government to really get people interested.

There are probably others.

yeah, certainly
but it proved only one part has an ability of administration

sorry...
thanks

>I thought it was especially surprising that a majority of young Japanese people couldn't even name the PM before Abe desu
What so surprising? They weren't meme worthy

>If I look in this strategically placed mirror in the corner I can see her pantsu

Japan has low crime and pollution, etc..., even though there is very little aggresive police presence. This is because Japan is governed strictly by social laws, but only loosely by actual government laws. Government as a whole feels very distant there, particularly because the society does a very good job organizing itself, without the need for government to create order.

Japan had 5 different prime ministers between 2007 and 2012. A new guy every year. At a certain point, people stopped giving a shit.

Because it's so nice country.
Thanks Abe.

because it already just werks

Cuz they are literally same person with Norks

Because political consciousness is something that needs to be built over generations. The japanese have little interest in politics because those who can engender in them political consciousness have no interest in doing so.

Japan only got universal suffrage after it was imposed on them by the U.S, before that it peaked at maybe a quarter of the total population having the vote. Despite property ownership and a minimum tax contribution, election results were steadily veering left, and that of course was a problem for those in the diet, who were likely to lose their positions of those pesky leftist decided to extend the vote to those they'd deliberately deprived of it. What we have today is merely an extension of that, but by informal rather than legislative means.

japanese hate gooks more

Japan is going to good era

this.

I voted for Abe's party.
Keep on the way.

And here you're the most hated asian.

>Caring about Russia's opinion
If Russia is mad at you its probably because you aren't being complacent in their corruption

Take off your proxy, tanaka

>hurr hurr everyone is just as bad as Russia so that means everyone is lying and faking just like Russia

Democracy was a mistake.

>Democracy was a mistake.
bump

Informative post.

if theyre even asian. 8/10 times its a weeb english teacher