So is central europe basically Germany and their copycats?

So is central europe basically Germany and their copycats?

Basically no.

i guess? the term is kinda stupid desu

they feel a lot less foreign compared to real eastern europe

i think this was more true before gommunism happened to half of central europe

We prefer the term minions

t. hermann robinson

>Cultural criteria basically cover all of greater hungary (pre-Tr*user)

really ponders the nogging

Smelly Gabor detected

Reading old travel books about central europe is so comfy.

It's a made up concept by Eastern Europe to not call themselves Eastern Europe

The only good European countries border Germany. Finland is okay, though

Yes. But we are doing our best.

t. historically illiterate made up country

t. is taught that America is one continent in school

t. snowflake Slav
t. I like the English definition better :3

>Slav
you're not helping yourself

I shouldn't try to banter desu

This, but they are no more deluded than Mexicans who think they are part of North America

t. hat

*unsheathes machete*

The thing is, I never know if these threads are bait or actually American education.

we aren't "central"

>So is central europe basically Hungary and their copycats?
Fixed

It's the cultural's influence area of the central powers before WWI Austrian-Hungary and German Empire

It' was the Germans who coined the term you illiterate ignorant "north american".

We have little in common with Germans and Russians. We have our own world.

When I visited Poland, I felt like at home (except for the commieblock suburbs, those kinda look russian in your country). When I visited Bosnia, which is only 300km away from my home town, I had a completely different feeling. Some things were remeniscent of my country, but everything else felt foreign. To say there is no common Central European culture is retarded.

The term "Central Europe" only made sense when it consisted of the German + Austrian Empires.
Once the slavs became independent nations and Germans and Germanic influence was purged from their societies they are completely different entities from us and cannot be put under the same umbrella with Austria/Germany.

Even most of the flags of those new countries (Czechs/Slovenes/Slovaks/Croats/Serbia) all share the colors of the Russian flag because those are the Panslavic colors which were promoted by Russia so they have purposefully sought to associate with Russia rather than with Germanics or West Europe.

>Germanic influence was purged
In many ways yes, but not completely. Yugoslavia fell apart basically because Croats and Slovenes didn't feel right on the Balkans. Unfortunately our political culture suffered under Yugoslavia so now we have incompetent leaders who rose from communism and don't know what they're doing. Our ultranationalists do associate themselves with Hungarians a lot, though and Croatian favorite ethnicity to be around except for Serbs are Poles unlike Serbia which has no love for western slavs.