How long until (if ever) they bring the mouse back in a big way?

How long until (if ever) they bring the mouse back in a big way?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MZXZ96YfqB4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hopefully never. Fuck disneys wholesome stage. Im glad there abandoning it for more edgy and actually entertaining humor. If only they could beat up those drama laden unfunny child actor retards, and force them to shut their unfunny mouths up.

We're never getting a Mickey Mouse movie.

What if they update Mickey the same way they updated Goofy for the 90s? I would trust their cg film department with a Mickey/Donald film.

>cg film
Gonna stop you there senpai. The only possible good thing mickey could do is make another 2D animated feature, thus making it the indistry standard.

How big is big? Presumably bigger than Epic Mickey, the shorts, and the House of Mouse?

>first post is an insufferable faggot
Disney gonna Disney and you're probably going to die alone.

deal with it

I'm content with the youtube series, he works best in shorts.

Honestly the best thing they could do is get the people who work on said shorts to do one for the release of each new Disney movie. Then when you go to the theater you get a quick Mickey cartoon before the actual movie starts. It keeps him in the public eye and in the form he works best in.

Eat shit you fucking musical loving 50s style idiotic bitch.

I cant wait for it to go public domain

>coming to Sup Forums right after being molested by your uncle
This is having an undesirable effect on the quality of your posts. Come back when you're less mad

I feel like they'd only bring him back in a big way in 2D, and 2D is out right now. I'd be surprised if it happens in the next 10 years, if at all.

Then force it down the publics throats. 3D animation is fucking shit, we neednto guve new life into the animation business, wether the tasteless hacks that watch these movies like it or not.

He's going to be entering the public domain in few years anyway. Disney aren't going to be able to get away with extending the limit again.

Wait, really?

Won't matter. Lemmie explain...

The old shorts and films Mickey Mouse has starred in will each enter the public domain one-by-one, so long as they don't try to change copyright law again. But Mickey Mouse the *character* is still a trademarked name + visual; and per trademark law, *as long* as Disney continues to keep the character commercially relevant (i.e.: sell toys, produce new shorts, etc.), his trademark will never expire. (unlike copyright)

This means that, eventually, you'll be able to recreate and sell a shot-by-shot remake of say, 'Steamboat Willie', without permission or repercussion from Disney -- so long as you replace Mickey Mouse with *anyone* other than Mickey Mouse. Could be another happy-go-lucky mouse... or a dog, or whatever. Just not Mickey himself. Same goes for Pete too if they continue to keep him relevant.

If anything, I think these new Mickey shorts suggest that Disney will soon be making a new, larger push to create more Mickey Mouse content. Because as long as they intend to keep him around as a corporate mascot, they don't have to jump through all these lobbying hoops to extend copyright at all... just keep him *commercially relevant* and, well... 'til death do you part.

kill the mouse

take his house

Infinity War part 2.

This 10/10

That is pure myth perpetuated by cynics and corporate shills.

Trademark law does not work that way, when Mickey the character enters the public domain, anybody can make works with the character Mickey Mouse, call it Mickey Mouse and use any public domain design for him.

Corporations like Warner Bros and the rights holders to Betty Boop have already tried to stop people from profiting from their public domain cartoons featuring trademarked characters. Doesn't work, case precedent is that public domain means fair use, as it 's meant to be.

Fact is though, most people don't want to use Public Domain characters. If you're an indie artist, almost everything you could do nowadays is covered by parody laws and if you're a big corporation with the means to make movies/games/etc, you're not going to invest a huge amount of money into something when you won't get all the merchandise profits since anyone else can cash in if it's a success.

>when Mickey the character enters the public domain, anybody can make works with the character Mickey Mouse, call it Mickey Mouse and use any public domain design for him

Uh, no they can't. Copyright and trademark law may go hand-in-hand, but they are *not* interchangeable. You can redistribute the PD material, as well as potentially create new material bearing classic Mickey's likeness. But this does not proactively apply to modern depictions of MM, whose trademark is actively maintained. You couldn't make anything new with the modern Mickey likeness, let alone the 'Mickey Mouse' name, as the previous anons insinuated.

>You couldn't make anything new with the modern Mickey likeness,

I said creators could make new works featuring any public domain (or original) designs of Mickey Mouse. Obviously more modern designs that have not yet fallen into public domain would not be accessible, but for Mickey Mouse in particular this is no issue, since Disney let 'Mickey's Surprise Party", with a very modern Mickey, Minnie and Pluto design, fall into public domain.
youtube.com/watch?v=MZXZ96YfqB4

Trademark does not trump public domain, especially of matters featuring culturally significant material.

The Mickey Flash shorts are the best we're ever gonna get.