Why did they do it?

Why did they do it?

:(

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/film/2017/feb/06/imdb-shuts-down-message-boards
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It saved them money

Because it was too hard to control the narrative with their rigged rating system when anybody could scroll down to the comments and see hundreds of posters saying how shitty the movie was.

anti-semitism and racism

They claimed that noone went to the message boards and it was too much money.

the same reason why they remove comments from any other site

1.) non-autistics don't use message boards anymore except Reddit

2.) too expensive to maintain

3.) too complicated to moderate

Because half of the people hated SJWs and kike agenda pushing.

Autism

because Sup Forums exists

theguardian.com/film/2017/feb/06/imdb-shuts-down-message-boards

Or to not having to deal with all the shit people say.

Can somebody explain to me how pol is so fucking dumb that they have no idea how corporations or markets work, or why they think large financial decisions are made based on memes?

Alt-right Drumpf trolls

hollywood getting buttblasted at trolls

same reason they got rid of age

I don't know why IMDB gives a fuck

decisions are made on memes when memes lose thme money dipshit

There's no other explanation.
Running a text forum takes next to no resources, and site traffic is a good thing.
They don't want unbiased movie discussion for whatever reason.

>let me tell you how large corporations work
>they dont care about negative pr

Ah the IMDb forums... in the before time, in the long long ago it was where you used to go to rant about politics or call people niggers.

Then came Sup Forums... then came Sup Forums...

Well, niggers are fucking worthless subhumans that shouldn't have rights.

Pressure from hollyjuices the goyim used to talk shit about movies there

I liked that. I had a discussion over a month with someone about Rashomon and what Kurosawa's intent was. I had an account on those boards for 11 years. Really irritates me as after I would watch a movie, I would read the forums to see what others thought.

All those moments will be lost forever... Like tears in the rain.

>hundreds of posters saying how shitty the movie was.

Yeah really the only reason I went there was to see if others shared my distaste for certain movies and shows.

even a forum with that many active members? i doubt it was cheap. text or not, you're still dealing with tons of traffic. i'd imagine anyway. also the people who posted on the forums are already imdb users. it doesn't matter if they close the forums because those very same people will still use imdb no matter what.

if it was trolls or whatever they would just get more dedicated members who will do it for free.. like every other message board out there including here.

money or hollyjews

Is there any alternative?

Traffic is negligible compared to the main site. Literally 0.05% of it. Don't fall for that excuse.

I have no idea why they did this because the message boards (for literally every movie, tv show, performer, director, etc) were the only reason I went there.

I literally have not been to imdb since the boards were turned off. You can just get that info from Wikipedia.

Imdb was one of the most popular text forums. The traffic probably costed them hundreds or thousands

>>I literally have not been to imdb since the boards were turned off.
Same, I just go to wikipedia now for actor/director/etc. info.

themoviedb and moviechat.org, they're not that great though.

The biggest bummer on the internet ever.
You could go to obscure movies from 80 years ago and have a discussion about it. There's nothing else like it. Nothing like it will ever be again.

That's pennies for imdb

most businesses have to abide to social reforms such as affirmative action, these things in movies trigger forum posters that in turn affect film ratings - and who publish and distribute these films?

I hate that they did, some of the discussions there could be pretty good and autistic

I can't see how something like that would have been too expensive though.

free speech is inconvenient

>thanks, we are big enough now, we don't have to host your content anymore. Move along goy

God damn it Sup Forums

I'm not Sup Forums, but I'm pretty sure it was shut down for shilling purposes.

You'd have to be very naive to think otherwise.

>There's no other explanation.

Text forums cost nothing, but moderating that much content would.

It basically just looked bad, New movies forum was just spammy shit at best, massively racist shit at worst. Actress pages are just filled with creepy stalker dudes.

Yeah it was a good place to talk about smaller and older films. But for the generaly public looking up thier favourite actress it was just a look into the ulgy side of the internet that amazon would rather ppl ignore.

Like shit-posts in a slid thread...

because corporations will decide which opinions we all see and which ones are kept silent

in the end its easier just to pay of reviewers and insert paid stories into newspapers than spend years making an actually good movie

yeah you might think the latest MCU star wars movie is shit, and you might be right, but it doesn't matter if you cant broadcast your opinion

>threads listing the funniest quotes from the movie
>threads pointing out logical/narrative inconsistencies ("this movie taught me that...")
>aggrieved parents complaining that the movie was too violent/sexual/un-Christian for their sheltered child
>erudite discussions of the ages of teen actors and when it becomes okay to jerk it to them
>"Character X is annoying" "yeah, but he's supposed to be annoying"
>people getting salty over a newly released film showing up on the top 250
>long-ass threads about The Matrix

Farewell, iMDB boards. You were an amazing but also very shitty place

>thread asks if two friends in the film were gay
every time

For anyone who wants to know what TheChamCham has been up to.

thechamcham.blogspot.com

This. I also remember the regular people that would continuously post on every single movie and episode.
It wasn't a good community but it was comfy before I found Sup Forums. I think imdbs gonna replace it though

Does that mean gookmoot will remove posting from this site?

I remember the good old days when I shit posted every day on the Terminator Salvation board. I hate that film and every day I'd start a new thread with examples of mistakes in the film or general negative opinions about something or other. There was another who also did that. Became a daily thing. There were also those fanatics who defended the movie for whatever reason. We posted fake quotes from people saying hoe the movie and the director are shit. Pics of the director on the red carpet in a full denim outfit and saying that he's a tool for dressing like that. Just total bombardment agaist every aspect of the film from every angle. One day that guy and I decided to spam dozens of threads during one afternoon. Like dismantling the film with every thread. Soon all our threads were deleted and I was permabanned.

T'was fun.

Too many idiots making feet threads and others wanting to be pusy slaves

The absolute state of the reviews on there now. You can't get genuine feedback from non shill employees. Miss them good times on that place.So many movie suggestions in the same ilk as the movie you just watched.
I try not to go on anymore to not give them clicks.

what's your best memory of the imdb forums?

mine was when the director of a movie replied to me acknowledging a plot hole that I found

some actors, if obscure ones, used to post on their profiles' message boards. now all those posts are gone for ever. makes me think

I check out moviechat.org when I want to see the old imdb threads but hardly anyone is creating new threads though.

lmao are you schizophrenic? Control the narrative lol hahahahahahahahaha. IT WAS A COST ISSUE YOU FOOL! YOU COMPLETE AND UTTER FOOL

Too much ChamCham

I know cunts we're trying to replace it, did anything ever suceed?

Don't you feel a little irony posting that in one of the biggest and hardest to monetize forums of the whole internet?

It costs a shit load of money when American porkies don't watch the proper movies and tv shows in order to get the proper social propaganda. They have to know how to act and what to buy. Without it, Jews & China lose control.

This one guy roegcamel was hilarious. He would fire off these really verbose insults about people who liked shit like Transformers.

that sounds awesome
ive called this place home for a very long time
as lame as that might make me, i wouldnt give up those early memories for anything
good for you user...fuck t:s

i liked the funny forum posts on the first films ever made. ie; the Lumière Factory footage and the train coming into the station movie, etc
just people taking the piss with them.

But sad the boards are gone, they were a great way to find out meanings to stuff in films that people may have not understood.

Your time will come