Marvel's smartest scientists

After Reed, who's smartest? Would Pym be in the top 3?

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.com/universe/Mister_Fantastic
marvel.com/universe/Wasp_(Henry_Pym)
marvel.com/universe/Professor_X
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Who gives a fuck, it's not like any of them is using their science for betterment of Earth.

I'm pretty sure it is doom, then maybe Pym. toss up between, blue marvel, tony, T'challa, Maximus, beast ect. But Cho is always 7th

Ultron is all about the betterment of the earth.

Presumably you're not counting characters who have legit Super Intelligence as a power, like the Leader and the High Evolutionary?

DOOM

Reed, Doom, then Pym, I'd say.

Ar least when it comes to humans.

Correct.

A list I found on another forum:

1. Reed Richards
2. Victor von Doom
3. Hank Pym
4. Tony Stark
5. T'Challa
6. Amadeus Cho
7. Bruce Banner
8. Charles Xavier
9. Erik Lehnsherr
10. Peter Parker

>Magneto even on the list

8th.
Above him are Reed, Doom, Tony, Bruce, Pym, T'Challa & Beast. I didn't read the first issue of World War Hulks but the implication of that story was that Leader & MODOK were #9 and #10.
Adam and Maximus weren't ranked, they're likely top 20.

Just because it has "super" in front doesn't make it better.
Also Reed wouldn't count whatsoever either if this were the case. Stretchy brain nigga.

Nigga, Octavius is smarter than Peter.

Never got the impression Xavier or Magneto were particularly smart, sure, they were wise mentors, but not in the brainy comic book superscience way of the rest of the list.

He's not, though. Peter thinks he is, but he's not. Even Slott pretty well said it.

Octavius's arms were neat but unremarkable before the accident. He steals or fails to steal most everything else, from the iso-24, the goblin babay, the nuclear power plant that aunt may inherited, the parker tech he used in ends of the earth, the hologram tech lady ock invented... it goes on and on. Ock is pretty smart, but he's even more a fraud.

That said, I'm the hugest spider-fan and wouldn't put Peter anywhere near the top ten.

>8. Charles Xavier
>9. Erik Lehnsherr

Who is the other guy?

Chuck isn't that intelligent. Neither is Erik.

Beast is.

Reed's usually implied to have found his way in before the cosmic radiation stuff. The enhancements have made it easier for his smarts to develop further but they're not the source.

It's all bullshit I know but there you go.

All of you can eat shit cause it's Earth's mightist mortal

>Mah nigga Bruce
The Incredible Hulk issue 2

Tony Stark is, according to Reed. He got a bit of an unfair boost with the Extremis thing.

Pym.

>Captain America came back to Earth

Jesus Christ I can't contain my sides

pym is smarter tan reed and doom.As is xavier.
It's just that RICHAAARDS and Doom are more dedicated to their studies, while the other 2 either occupy themselves ith other things or are completely nuts.
marvel.com/universe/Mister_Fantastic
marvel.com/universe/Wasp_(Henry_Pym)
marvel.com/universe/Professor_X

>Stats on the back of cards
Jesus, I'm having 'Nam flashbacks to middle school. It was impossible to talk about comic books without someone bringing up these powergrids as definitive proof.

xavier built cerebro and the training room, but without being being one who dedicates his life to science.
Mags also built some supersciencey inventions, especially in the 60's
they are.

>back of cards
it's the official ratings at marvel. It's what writers who care about continuity use when making stories about the characters.

Yeah, no.

Reed is the smartest person in the Marvel Universe. It's known, it's been said, it's just the facts. Doom is his intellectual shadow.

Only a tiny fraction of fans would even put pym at #3, because he sure as fuck isn't smarter than T'Challa.

>Doom's fighting skills
Kek. Next you'll tell me he can beat Iron Fist h2h.
And what fucking energy can Chuck project?

>writers who care about continuity
Oh shut the fuck up, we haven't seen one of those in years. It's also been established in text over and over that Reed has the highest IQ in the marvel universe.

Those are written by interns, kids, or external writers, like the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe is, after the 90s. They're not meant to be canon in the slightest- they're meant to reflect canon, and they have done a speactacularly shitty job since the very beginning- like the Ultimate Spider-Man guide that I have that has a page dedicated to Cardiac, but doesn't have Shocker in it at all.

except he isn't pym or xavier or stranger are smarter.
but pure intelligence isn't everything. Dedication, and focus, and stability are just as important.
Strange studied magic, not superscience, but mastering magic at his level requires just as much intelligence as mastering superscience.
Xavier isn't a scientist, he uses his mind for other things, But when he ecided to build dsome great superinventions he did so easily.
Pym is a wreck of a man mentally, unstable, depressed and full of demons. He's not able to express his full potential because he's dragged down by his mental illnesses. Even so he still inented some of the most powerful things in the marvel universe.Ultron alone tops everything that reed has done.
>Only a tiny fraction of fans would even put pym at #3
that's because most fans are dumb. Richanrds is the most effective and successful scientist, but not the purely smartest one. Just the one who has used his intelligence the best.

Victor wrestled a Lion and lethally paralyzed it. Completely naked. With his armor, which can record and replicate the physical actions of others, he's pretty formidable in hand to hand. Assuming his opponent gets that close what with the projectiles, magic, force field, flight, etc.

Charles and Emma's telepathy has often found its way in the form of psionic or quasi-telekinetic blasts.

mental

telepathy and mental projection.

IIRC, it was:
1: Reed
2: Pym
3: Stark
7: Amadeus Cho

>It's what writers who care about continuity use when making stories about the characters.

>Pym is scientist supreme
>not the smartest

>Scientist Supreme
'Twas in jest

A friend once explained it to me like this, reed is the smartest intellectually but pym is the better in general science because while reed dabbled in other sciences and mostly focused on physics, pym bounced around like a crazy bastard revolutionizing physics with pym particles and robotics with Ultron and biology by fucking with his wifes dna. He just could never focus on one thing.

Doom on the other hand is destined to be the second best at everything, 2nd best scientist after reed, 2nd best sorcerer after strange, 2nd best armor after tony, 2nd best country after t'challa. As for how he is as an intellectual, think little behind reed intellectually with pyms approach to science.

So to make a long story short, in the brains department
1.reed
2.doom
3.pym

I like the Leader because his power is super intelligence but he's significantly dumber than any of the real smart guys. Makes him kind of pathetic

Pic related. And I'm not talking about Doom.

>8. Charles Xavier
>9. Erik Lehnsherr
>10. Peter Parker
None of these people belong in the top 20, much less the top 10.

Being the smartest isn't the same as being the best scientist.

Even on the page where he gets declared scientist supreme, it's also outright stated that Reed's smarter.

But Reed's not as creative. He's the best at understanding and learning, but not as good at applying his knowledge and creating scientific wonders as Hank.

So is anybody going to post their top ten or twenty? thisis from another forum

It really depends on the field of study. Reed is better at science than Doom and Strange is better as magic but neither can compare with his combining the two.

As an example of how knowledge isn't cut and dried, both Reed and Doom are inferior to Baron Von Blitzschlage when it comes to Asguardian biology. Does this mean that Blitzschlag is smarter overall than Reed?

No it does not but when Reed needs a lobotomized Thor clone with a half robot brain he calls up the old Nazi to do it for him since he doesn't know shit about cloning mystical beings and The Baron does.

So in that field Blitzschlag is the undisputed 'smartest' but certainly not the smartest over all.

1. Richards
2. Pym
3. Doom
4. Stark
5. T'Challa
6. Banner
7. Cho
8. Leader
9. MODOK

I feel like there could be some nobodies up there who we just don't hear about because they aren't super heroes. Beast might be number 10, but I also feel like there might be others up there.

As mentioned above Baron Von Blitzschlag is pretty damn smart, he turned himself into a artificial asguardian (probably) using a sample of Thor's DNA in the 1940's. He would easily be in the top ten if he was allowed anywhere near a laboratory without supervision in the last 70 years.

Also remember that 616 has two Reeds now, we haven't had a 616 Maker/Doom meet up yet though.

>Pym
>In the top five
You guys are such jokers.

>But Reed's not as creative. He's the best at understanding and learning, but not as good at applying his knowledge and creating scientific wonders as Hank.
Fuck you babbling about? Reed has more scientific wonders in his garbage bin than Hank has ever dreamed of.

I believe that whole "scientist supreme" scene was just Loki lying, or possibly Pym hallucinating . Like Eternity is going to show up just to crown some non cosmic entity with some made up title for the infinitesimally miniscule time it exists. Unless you have a cosmic cube or infinity gem you don't even get attention from Eternity.

Everybody except Richards, Doom, Stark, and Pym (except maybe MODOK and Leader) are too specialized to be in the top 5, or just not in the same class. It's bad enough for Pym to be basically #5 out of a list of the top 5. It's that burning sensation of being smarter than 99% of the people on the planet, but dead last of the truly elite. McCoy is a better biochemist probably, T'challa is amazingly smart but not in the best of the best of the best category, Cho is heavy physics oriented, Banner is a strong all-arounder but heavily genetics and biochemist focused ever since The Bomb. Parker is a phenomenal engineer, on par with Stark even, but not the scientist Stark is. Xavier is an asspull based around 'crippled guy with mental powers must be a smartie'. Cerebro was great and all, and the danger room a pretty impressive use of technology, but what has he done lately? Besides be dead. Hell, in the field of mutant science both McCoy and Sinister beat him, and his hard science work was all so long ago Cerebro probably ran on punch cards.

>Doom on the other hand is destined to be the second best at everything, 2nd best scientist after reed, 2nd best sorcerer after strange, 2nd best armor after tony, 2nd best country after t'challa.
See the problem with this is it actually contradicts itself. If someone is the 2nd best at everything, but as a result better than everyone in everything short of 1 thing they are by default the most intelligent person on the planet bar none even if they're not necessarily the most knowledgeable. Unless there is someone else who is number 1 in everything who has yet to step forward.

He did some bat-shit-crazy mad scientist stuff in the 70s, but yeah, I'd put a few other people there as well

Fair point, let me rephrase it. Doom is the second best at everything he he has attempted, not everything but even at his very best he is always outstripped by someone else, the way to judge his intelligence is by looking at his accomplishments in his multiple fields of which are many. On their merits he rightly as you said, should be deemed the most intelligent. However you have to take his character into account, as a character despite his many accomplishments he is always outsmarted by one man, reed. This is really just because he is a villain and that is how comics work but irregardles of that fact it does prove that reed is smarter which knocks doom down to number two, which is really the only way his character can work.

Plus reed has the added advantage of being referred to as the no1 brain in marvel, even if you didn't have proof that he was you have to give him the number 1 slot since the fiction constantly acknowledges that he is no1, then you have to use logic to work out where everyone else fits in.

Was that in avengers academy or Avengers initiative? I seem to recall it.

user, you're forgetting that Marvel doesn't give two shits about Reed OR Doom since they can't make movies with either one.

If you're talking about current comics, it's that Blue Marvel piece of shit that was being forced on us probably.

Doom is still in the comics. It's just 616 reed that's gone for now. We also still have the maker.

Why is Ultimate Richards so based despite being cucked? I like him more than his mainstream counterpart.

1:richards (tie)
1:maker (tie)
3:von doom
4:brashear
5:t'challa
6:banner
7:cho
8:tony stank
9:pym
10:MODOK

this is easy

The only characters in the 616 universe who actually use their inventions to help humanity in their day-to-day lives are Doom, T'challa and Parker. And Doom and T'challa only mostly helps their fellow countrymen, so they can even be excluded from the list. Parker's inventions are only slightly above state-of-the-art, introducing technologies that are years or simply a decade more advanced than what's currently available.

So Richards, Pym, Stark and Cho can go on about that dick measuring contest, but so far a evil magical gypsy with third degree burns and two furries are beating those shills in the contest that truly matters.

Sue broke up with him before fucking a bunch of guys. So technically no cockholding.

I'm not sure reed should be so high on the list.