Why does Kingsman get so much hate on this board...

Why does Kingsman get so much hate on this board? Is it just Sup Forums's usual contrarianism since it's a comic book film?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=25683IE5v9g
youtube.com/watch?v=4MqmpL6X_8w
youtube.com/watch?v=QQNBg6I29gI
youtu.be/WDlZ_SXx5gA
youtube.com/watch?v=UOC6XRv1vHA
theguardian.com/film/2015/feb/16/matthew-vaughn-obama-kingsman-the-secret-service
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's popular, so they have to pretend they didn't enjoy it too. They'll call it reddit but then go rave about how much they love twin peaks the next thread over.

it wanst a bad movie, i just thought it was boring and stopped watching about halfway through

It's too smug about itself. Don't really know how to say it.
And the action sequences were lame cartoony cgi.

Huh? Firth did all the stunts himself.

Wasn't that good. First Class is superior.

Are they even comparable?

Solid film. It knows what it is and pokes fun at the genre with a little smugness.

That said it is formulaic as hell.

>That said it is formulaic as hell.
Isn't that the point? You can't poke fun at the genre without, you know, being like the genre.

wtf! I love bad movies now!

This... isn't an argument.

I don't know, I've always enjoyed it. Good action movie.

Name a better action scene than this:
youtube.com/watch?v=25683IE5v9g

Hard mode: There is no hard mode because you can't do it.

kino

>Muh church scene XD XD
Let's be real if you took this overrated piece of shit scene out, then retards would see it for what it really is: Product placment with a shit storyline

MEMES
MAKETH
MOVIE

See what I mean? This retard thinks this is the only redeeming feature of the film.

youtube.com/watch?v=4MqmpL6X_8w

As said it is smug. I feel like they're all trying to act as 'gentlemen' in a James Bond way but fail miserably and just results in a stupid movie that takes itself too seriously.

Also, the ending was garbage and didn't fit with the whole 'gentlemen' / James Bond schtick they were going for.

Will you fuck me in the ass now? Really?

KINGSMAN REDDITOR ETERNALLY BTFO! HOW WILL HE EVER RECOVER?
youtube.com/watch?v=QQNBg6I29gI

This movie was widely loved on Sup Forums when it came out.

It's kind of hilarious that 90% of the people in this thread are newfags completely oblivious to this, including you, OP.

I don't think the level of violence fit the movie

>Product placement
I didn't think it was possible to sound more retarded than Donald Trump, but you managed it.

youtu.be/WDlZ_SXx5gA
Wow that was hard. But I guess you can keep your "le epic gory racists getting pwned XDDD"

I think it was meant to be unexpectedly violent. You go in expecting a nice James Bond clone with based Colin Firth, and you get f-bombs and exploding heads.

Here's one example for you reddit:

What was the meal between Sam Jackson and Colin Firth? Hmmm, reddit? Do you remember?

If I don't remember then I guess that means there must not have been any product placement.

reddit

Don't start acting coy because you got btfo. You now know exactly what Im talking about.

Yeah, I do, but it's silly to argue that was product placement when I didn't even remember it happened until you reminded me.

>the world is created by my own perception of reality
I've got some news for you user.

Even if you say it isn't, I won't believe you, because you're just a figment of my imagination.

Because it has a scene involving the massacre of a church-full of your typical anons.

Really makes me think that the hate only started when psychotic Trump-loving right-wingers started using this site.

>This is the part where I'd tell you my plan, lock you up, you escape and then save the day
>this isn't that kind of movie though ;^)
>*shoots him in the head unconscious*

kino

>And the action sequences were lame cartoony cgi.
Was it cgi?
Something about the church fight looked really off. Like, it looked really bad, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Maybe the pace, I dunno.
I also remember that at one time someone gets fire on his a head or something, that looked really fucking terrible.

>>*shoots him in the head unconscious*
>unconscious
Uh, I have bad news for you.

It wasn't CGI, but it was sped up, which is the opposite of what most action scenes do, and that probably bothered you.

user you know he's alive in Kingsman 2 don't you?

user BTFO

I, uh, actually did not know that. My bad.

I'm glad to hear that though. Kingsman made Colin Firth look like a total fucking badass.

Nyanners
maketh
man.

>Nyanners

1. It's Reddit
2. It's memes

Ah yes, Reddit and memes. Codeword for "This is actually a good film so I can't find anything to insult about it."

youtube.com/watch?v=UOC6XRv1vHA

Well they were just compared, so what do you think?

>hurrr muh product placement

All movies have product placement dipshit. What a dumb reason to hate a movie.

Just because they were compared doesn't mean they're comparable.

What in the goddamn?

He's a Trump supporter, what do you expect?

So? What's wrong with being a Trump supporter?

Go cry in your safe space you faggot.

>#triggered

I had a blast watching it. But it's a guilty pleasure, and like other anons have said it is smug.
Very Reddit, but Reddit can be enjoyable sometimes.

>being smug is "very reddit"
Interesting comment.

It doesn't take itself seriously at all though. It's one big pisstake of the whole James Bond thing and the over the top "posh British" trope clashing with a chav, a type of person far more indicative of London. I don't think there's a single moment in the film where it isn't being incredibly tongue in cheek.

Is this film, ironically given its mockery of it, too British in it's humour for some people. Do some people just not get it?

>I don't like something minute about it but my vocabulary is too stunted from memeing to actually elaborate on it
>I know!
>reddit reddit reddit!

>d-do I fit in now guys?

yfw kingsman 2 has trump die just like the first movie had obama's head explode

>d-do I fit in now guys?
No.

But there is another place where you would fit in.

There's no way Trump isn't already dead though. He's exactly the kind of person who would have been at the party at the end.

Quads do not lie.
Sup Forums and Sup Forums are the most contrarian boards on Sup Forums since they are filled with underaged faggots.

I watched it with some friends in the cinema. It was alright, enjoyed it but never really intend on watching it again. Might go see the sequel.

Dubs confirm

I don't seem to remember any hate geared to wards the movie, at least not more than the usual Sup Forums shitflinging on any given movie.

Sup Forums maybe, Sup Forums not really. You just refuse to watch good movies

theguardian.com/film/2015/feb/16/matthew-vaughn-obama-kingsman-the-secret-service

Obama didn't die in Kingsman.

I'm glad he didn't shoot the doggo.

Sup Forums is much more contrarian than Sup Forums.

>we made it look exactly like him but we're going to say it wasn't him so we don't get in trouble :^)

>exactly like him
Literally just a black guy's back at some table in what looks like a government building. Wow, it's clearly Obama.

black guy with the same physique and hair, blatantly stated to intentionally look like obama

I know it's easy to forget now that Trump's in office and is extremely racist, but a lot of black people worked in American government.

stop watching capeshit, Sup Forums is not contrarian ;)

You just contradicted yourself.

This is reddit
>This is memes
This is reddit
>This is memes
This is reddit
>This is memes
This is reddit
>This is memes

I don't even watch capeshit fsggot. Still doesn't mean that this board isn't contrarian as shit because it's filled with 13 year olds. Like yourself.

kino

it's a fun movie about attractive, successful men, enjoyed by lots of normal people

Sup Forums doesn't like most things, but you're particularly dumb for expecting Sup Forums to like this

No idea. First one was dumb as hell but actually enjoyable. So, better than most capeshit movies that keep being shilled here.

The main character was awful, the humor was lame, normie tier shit like sam jackson talking with a lisp but made fun of brits for talking funny, the story of a delinquent being taken in by a secret organization is the *record scratch* "So this is me. I bet you're wondering how I got into this situation. Well it all started with..." of premises and the killing of racist christians power fantasy was reddit incarnate.

McDonald's, right.

And I guess it was product placement when Pulp Fiction opened with Jules and Vincent talking about Quarter Pounders, right?

It's a perfectly good movie. Anyone who doesn't like it is either :

A) 13-20 year old sperglord contrarian
B) movie snob
C) troll

At the end the world is blasted with something that makes everyone want to kill each other for a solid 15 minutes. The hero's little brother is barely saved because he's locked in another room and the mom is trying to break down the door to kill him. All I'm thinking about is how 99% of all babies on earth were with their moms when this happened and were probably smashed down on the floor like a touchdown celebration. This thought distracted me through the whole ending.

I turned it off after 30 minutes. Honestly one of the worst movies I've ever seen. The humour sucked and the fight scenes were cartoony garbage. I get that it's supposed to be bad, but it was really just painful. Don't know how anyone over the age of 12 could like this flick.

This... is how redditors speak

But... it WAS liked on Sup Forums when it came out.

Sup Forums went to complete shit in 2016 with BvS. For some reason that unlocked the floodgates of shitposting and the mods just stopped caring.

This... still isn't an argument.

>I get that it's supposed to be bad
Uh... no it isn't.

The difference between the two is that the McDonald's advertisement in PF is that it tied into the conversation they were having. In Kingsmen they beat you over the head with it by having it in a mcdonalds. It's up there with Arressted Development with Tobia and Carl Weathers in a burger king and making note of it. The difference is that AD is a cynical comedy, not a movie.

Came here to say this. If I had gold I'd give it you, gentlesir

Really? Jesus Christ...

I watched it without ever reading a thread and I fucking hated every minute of it.
It's so lame, and thinks it's such hot shit.

It's reddit libshit in its purest essence.
you don't have to be contrarian to hate it, just being a balanced and moderate individual is enough.

It's an alright film, it's just incredibly overrated.

Good times.

Like, did you not look at a fucking review? The cinematography of the action scenes is consistently the biggest point of praise.

oh boy. capeshit is for 12 year olds, this should not be considered a contrarian opinion, but now Sup Forums is full of redditors I guess.

we have good taste and shit on meme flicks like this, nobody is a contrarian. watch more film.