NEW GODZILLA SERIES ANNOUNCED

NEW GODZILLA SERIES ANNOUNCED

IT'S GOT TIME TRAVEL

GET HYPE

>Following the tradition established in In Hell, every issue of Godzilla: Rage Across Time will see a new creative team of monstrous talent! The story for issue #1 is co-authored by writer Jeremy Robinson (Project Nemesis) and artist Matt Frank (Godzilla: Rulers of Earth, Project Nemesis).

>Move over dinosaurs… monsters used to rule the planet! Travel to different time periods to examine the origin of myths that fueled nightmares! In this first installment, Godzilla brings his terror to feudal Japan!

>Tentative In-Store Date: August 2016

scifijapan.com/articles/2016/05/18/idw-solicits-godzilla-rage-across-time-1-for-august-2016/

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-19/kraken-releasing-adds-the-return-of-godzilla-film/.102281
godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Bride_of_Godzilla
godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Gojirin
youtube.com/watch?v=7R_tHDkXo8k
youtube.com/watch?v=6E6t37NRfN8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First we got Godzilla in Hell.

Now we get Godzilla's wacky time travel shenanigans.

I'm okay with this.

>ukiyo-e chapter
You have my attention

Next: Godzilla goes to jail, A very Godzilla Christmas and The Godzilla Highschool Musical

There's also this Stokoe collection out in June, it's got the first issues of Half Century War and Godzilla In Hell, and all the covers Stokoe's done for IDW.

Sounds like a cash grab to me, gonna pass.

I mostly just want Zilla to show up again. I love Zilla.

>Matt Frank

Why do I want all of those to happen so badly?

Godzilla is the New Black

Godzilla does dallas when?

>I love Zilla
I don't think I've heard anyone say that before

I loved Godzilla in Hell, and i'm /definitely/ going to get this, but I wish we could get another ongoing Godzilla series like Rulers of Earth instead of all these different miniseries.

That left cover is fucking awesome

Well Zilla is kind of a lady. Big Z will take what he can get.

>Big Z
G, sorry.

The right one to me is pure sex imo, trying to crop it but mspaint is pissing me off so much I have to download paint.net on my dad's shitty desktop

Will it be an excellent or bogus adventure?

It'll be bizarre.

>>Following the tradition established in In Hell,
hopefully this time they get more than two people who give a shit
the middle two chapters of in hell screamed "i dont really care about godzilla but i get to pontificate about hell so sure"

Fuck. Is it hardcover? If it is I'm getting it.

Finish Orc Stain James you miserable cock goblin. I love you,

Dude what? Issue 4 was lazy to be sure, but issue 3 was balls to the wall nuts, and issue 2 had amazing art and classic monsters. If you think Bob Eggleton doesn't care about Godzilla, you should the amount of Godzilla work he's done.

Website says it's "extra large" which I guess means oversized, so a good chance it's hardcover.

can't be worse than oblivion

Best is still Rulers of Earth. Prove me wrong.

why would anyone want to? RoE was an amazing love letter to Toho Monster movies.
it also did the near impossible and made a cool OC monster, who woulda thought that vampiric copycat trylobytes would be so cool

Rulers of Earth is perfect as fun shlock but you have to admit the story is a mess.

Cataclysm and Half Century War have stronger story, characters, and art. I'd say they're better.

>Liked the 2014 Godzilla movie
>The sequels have been delayed, most likely dead
>Shin Gojira looks cool but Godzilla's lack of moving gives me worry

I'm happy for the comics, but man being a live-action fan of Godzilla is fucking suffering

Sequels aren't dead. It's just been pushed to a release date of 2018 so it doesn't have to compete with a new Transformers. And ShinGoji moves just fine.

Gareth Edwards is off it though. It's still very worrying that they may just be shelving it.

RoE had GREAT art. It also lets the monsters fucking emote.

>Confirm it's coming in 2018, along with the Kong movie.
>2020 is a garuntee'd Godzilla and Kong rematch.
You don't have to fucking worry.

Michael Bay's like 'MY CGI CITY SMASHING ROBOTS ARE BETTER THEN GODZILLA, HOW DARE THEY'

That fucking cover on the right. Both are fantastic but FUCK me, that one on the right.

I hope we're getting a sequel to Godzilla 2014. I NEED to see King Ghidorah in modern CGI.

I'm glad Gareth is off the project and can now fil Vader's cape in shaky close-ups instead.

Nothing against G-Man 2014, but I think we can do better.

>Last time we had a kaiju orgy, it got out of control and we all turned into Satan's body.

Zilla's fantastic, user. Shit Godzilla, great Kaiju.

Kong is out this March.

Then why fucking worry? There's even a rumor that Gorosaurus will be in it.

Holy fucking kek

Groovy.

Yeah, live action kaiju is alive and well. May it last for many years.

Return of Godzilla's coming to Blu-Ray this fall. No word on it including the Godzilla 85 version.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-19/kraken-releasing-adds-the-return-of-godzilla-film/.102281

About time.

Thank fuck, after all this time. New movies have the added advantage of old stuff finally getting a release. Godzilla 2014 got Tristar to look at their Toho stuff again and finally released Rebirth of Mothra 2 and 3 for the first time outside Japan.

And none of the Legendary films are cancelled, the current line up is

2017 - Kong: Skull Island
2019 - Godzilla 2
2020 - Godzilla vs Kong

>Dairy of a Mad Black Kaiju

Why does it collect part of two minis?

>trylobytes

Anomalocaris, son, which is even more badass.

I'm hoping that the two original monsters from Godzilla Unleashed, Obsidius and Krystalak, get to appear in the comics at least. Can't go wrong with a walking volcano monster.

This holy shit I'm so tired of him.

I love Zilla too, at least for the potential she carries as a girlfriend for Godzilla. If he can have a son (Godzookie, Minya) then why not a love interest?

I can see Godzilla raping Zilla just to put him in his place, but this shipping bullshit has got to be dropped.

>Sup Forums
>Ever stop shipping

At least keep it to a possible minimum in Godzilla threads. The parts of the board I don't care for can keep it.

Godzilla: What Happens in Vagas, Satys in Vagas

>Godzilla brings his terror to feudal Japan!
Finally. Dark Horse had a time travel arc but it didn't involve Japan. There was pic related as guest art in a one shot though.

Thank Neptune

Now hopefully they can release 74 on blu ray

Zilla is extremely popular.
Zilla jr has a HUGE fanbase among godzilla fans

Exaggeration, but Zilla has been getting more love since Final Wars. Too bad it wasn't before Godzilla Unleashed, he was considered for the roster but was replaced with Krystalak since he wasn't popular enough at the time.

To be fair, Zilla has tons of supporters among non-fans, most of whom simply regards him as Godzilla and don't know jack shit about any of the other movies (or the comics, cartoons and games for that matter), and among those who were introduced to the franchise through the '98 movie. Most hardcore kaijufags tend to downplay his popularity because they communicate in their own echo-chamber.

Godzilla's Big Score
Mr. Godzilla goes to Washington
Godzilla: Scared stupid
The Godzilla Supremacy

Zilla has literally never been depicted as female.

>love interest?
here: godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Bride_of_Godzilla

Wrong.
godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Gojirin

She has babies in her 98 movie
Her design has a vagina

Doesn't the cartoon refer to it as Zilla Jr's father?

Oh yeah, Godzilla showed up in Tudor England and defeated The Spanish Armada because they were all up in his grill, and then Sir Francis Drake was all "How about we not include this part in the history books? You know, on account of it being completely fucking insane."

Comic books!

The cartoon isn't canon.

Movie Zilla is a hermaphrodite because of the radiation. Both male and female. Zilla Jr. is completely male as well as sterile (the cartoon explained that Zilla's unstable genetics meant that its young would have different capabilities and differences from it and each other, Zilla Jr happened to get the genetics to be more like Godzilla). As for Final Wars Zilla and Rulers of Earth Zilla, their genders are unknown.

Was the new issue of Kaijumax storytimed?

>The year is 1992, Godzilla hype in Japan is so high, he has his own tv show discussing the monsters and movies.
>1993, an anime proposal from Toho is brought to Pioneer, famous for the Tenchi Muyo series.
>A Euro-Pop group was going to do the theme.
youtube.com/watch?v=7R_tHDkXo8k

holy shit

IT GETS BETTER
>1994 happens, Toho drops the idea.
>Brings this to life.
youtube.com/watch?v=6E6t37NRfN8

The Great Godzilla Caper.

Godzilla Island is from 1997.

Yes. And the concept for it was originally an anime back in 1993.

so basically, toho doesn't know what they're doing half the time

And yet act far too protectively over their property

What ever gives us a Godzilla/Gamera team up.

why does it feel like japanese companies are more inept than most other companies

No company is immune to stupidity.

And I'm from a line of German engineers, so there's some competition.

I hope they keep up with this formula: anthologies with different talents each issue.
And I hope they bring new talent that hasn't made anything Godzilla yet.
I wonder how Zander Cannon would handle an actual Godzilla story.

No
Just read it online

"The saddest words in the english language are 'it might have been'"

I really want a Godzilla anime.
Make it like Kamen Rider SD

There is one, it's called Godzilland.

>References the non-serious chibi style Godzilla anime
Maybe someday we'll get a serious Godzilla anime
>TFW I want some Godzilla/Mothra interactions

But... I'm a stubborn fuck who refuses to move on from DVD after it took me years to move on from VHS in the 2000s. A Blu-ray is worthless to me.

I only need one part to be in this style

Then I can die happy

Who should they get to replace Edwards on directing Godzilla 2?

>I love Zilla too, at least for the potential she carries as a girlfriend for Godzilla.

No. Godzilla x Biollante is the true ship.

This works better as a Zilla theme since Zilla is the faster while Godzilla is slower and more like a tank.

Gorosauraus looks like he should be voiced by Larry David

I hear you man, shit's gorgeous.

I love eurobeat.

Weekend at Ultraman's.

Ultraman has died, but Gamera and Godzilla can't let that be known, so they go out to fight other kaijus and monster as a hilarious trio.

while not everything in "in hell" was great, it started and ended amazing and i hope this quality carries over

Well, it was an anime from the same company as the fucking Tenchi series.

I wanted to complain about shipping someone with their femclone but I'm having trouble finding a reason.

Then: Tiny Kaiju Adventures, with Godzilla and the other monsters as mentors to the new generation of kaijus.

>mfw Heisei era is best era

No.

Shane Black

Imagine the top tier banter between Godzilla and Anguirus