In Germany we have a kid's game for gym class called "Wer hat Angst vor dem schwarzen Mann...

In Germany we have a kid's game for gym class called "Wer hat Angst vor dem schwarzen Mann? (Who is scared of the black man?)".

The catcher is the "Black Man" and is usually about fifty feet away from the others on the opposite side of a square or room. When he shouts "Who is afraid of the Black Man?" the others answer "Nobody!", Then he asks "And if he comes?" they reply with "Then we will run away!". The two parties now run to the other side to the saving wall or boundary. The catcher tries to catch as many as possible.

Those caught by the Black Man will help him in the next run while catching. The last remaining one has won and is usually the catcher in the next game.

Do you have similar games in your country?

Other urls found in this thread:

hs.fi/nyt/art-2000005373124.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

yeah but without the racism

This

sounds like a process of miscegenation

its not racism

black man comes from coal workers

KUKA PELKÄÄ MUSTAA MIESTÄ?!

EN MINÄ AINAKAAN!

We have the same game and I loved playing it. Didn't make me think of any niggers I just thought the black man was some sorta monster

same, i pictured it as something like pic related

Huutista, ilmeisesti "Kuka pelkää mustaa miestä" on nyt kielletty.
hs.fi/nyt/art-2000005373124.html

Black man has now been replaced in Finland by octopus or green man or ice man. Lol.

In some parts of France we have some kind of german tradition of St Nicolas and the père Fouettard. The first one gives gifts if the children have been quiet. The père fouettard gives coals if the children have been bad. So he is all black because of the dust and the coal.
But no such games though.

this

bad kids should get a stick too :o

see

thats nothing

if kids were bad children they are taken by krampus here

well, just check out any german """"fairy tale""""

So hollandse leeuw?

I remember playing this game as a kid and I really enjoyed it. I wasn't thinking of a nigger but of a criminal that only wear black clothes, a black scarf and a black hat.
t. swiss from the french speaking part

Come on, you never played "Qui a peur de l'homme noir?"

I'm not into that game, kiddo. I don't give a shit about what "something" or what's "nothing". About stories being more cruel in this part of the world or another.

Plus, you're right père fouettard has something to beat the children also, fair enough, forgot about that.

OP asked about games of people being black, I responded.
My grand-grand father was German as a sailor. My grand-mother learnt french at school, and not at home. So yeah, I know a bit about german stories. Pic related.

>Qui a peur de l'homme noir?
Er, not that I remember, no. That game never crossed the germany-france border, apparently. Although it did cross the germany-swiss border.

VEM ÄR RÄDD FÖR SVARTE MAN?

INTE JAG!

Did you also play it on skates during gym class?

yes

We played it on a trampoline actually

JUST FUCK MY CHILDHOOD UP

>arrogant
What's that feckin stereotype again? Plus, if I had arrogance, it should come from my 1/3 german blood.
I'm not being arrogant, just precise, that's all.

You first started to compare the harshness of the treatments of children. I said: this is not the topic, and I don't care. Again, I am not arogant at all, just don't want to drift away from the topic. Sorry if I've been a bit harsh. I didn't mean to. That's all. Peace, l'ami allemand.

Its still the same here

>mfw I actually was a bit scared of the black man

me too it was always the alpha kid and he would always tackle people

For us it was usually the old male teacher. His nipples were hard every during every gym class

What the hell Hans?
We can still fly Swastika but kids cant play silly games.

qt

Same game, but with a fox trying to catch chicken instead.

>some kind of german tradition of St Nicolas
Nigga, that's literally Sinterklaas. You're from Nord-Pas-de-Calais, aren't you?

>literally
Literally, this character called "Saint Nicolas" in french is called in many different literal ways, depending on the language you use, cunt.
I am not from Nord-Pas-de-Calais.

Where are you from?

we used to have a rhyme as children "eenie meanie minie mo, catch a nigger by the toe"
but then in school they made us change it to "catch a tiger by the toe"

Is it important? From near the german border.
You could be from the Belgique flandrienne or the Belgique wallonne, and you can know about this character celebrated on december 6th, couldn't you?

Are from a town that used to be German speaking?
I'm Flemish. We celebrate Sinterklaas on december 6.

>Discriminating people based on their social class.

>Discriminating people based on their height
>Discriminating people based on their hair colour
>Discriminating people based on their diploma
>Discriminating people based on their place of living
>Discriminating people based on their cars
>Discriminating people based on the pair of shoes they wear
Discriminating people based on the music they listen to
>Discriminating people based on... being unique
Get out, you basic SJW.

We used to play that a lot in gym. Literal translation would be "who's afraid of the black man". I'm pretty sure it didn't actually refer to african men, at least nobody thought of it that way. I started school '89 and back then nigger was perfectly fine word to use. If the game would have referred to african people, it could have been called "who's afraid of the nigger" and it would have been politically correct.

It's okay, user, I'm not a homophobe so I'll accept you no matter what.