ITT: "Cult classics" that were rightfully shat on at release

I love Christian Bale on screen but this was ridiculous. Turned it off about halfway.

I tried to watch Equilibrium two times. The entire premise is so ridiculous and the acting so bad that I just couldn't finish it.

The matrix coming out first killed this movie. And wtf that black guy kept smiling and getting away with it.

I just don't understand how they basically broke all the "rules" in the narrative constantly.
The "no emotion" meme was broke all the time, that nigger was always smugly smiling to Bale and the edgy villain was constantly angry and yelling at everyone, makes fucking zero sense.

The only thing done right in the film was casting Christian Bale for that role, everything else is just plain bad.

Because the people in power aren't taking the prozium, the main guy tells bale at the end that he hasn't been dosing.

That's le point samefag.

Yeah but how come no one ever said anything regarding it?
It's not like they were doing that privately, they were doing it constantly infront of other people and no one bats an eye.

Is this that movie where Sean Bean dies?

I'm assuming this was shat on at release? Absolute garbage

You might be able to make the excuse that they only seem to show emotion to Bale who himself isn't dosing, so he can't really call out sense offenders since that'll draw attention to him who will be outed as one too. It is kinda dumb though.

I like the film but not for plot consistencies or narrative, I just like the dumb over the top action and the aesthetic of it. It appeals to my inner 13 year old who still likes katana fight scenes and dramatic one liners.

>rëddit the thread
OMG not again, go see Kong Skull Island or Guardians Of the Galaxy 2, or Alien Covenant, or what the fuck you plebs are enjoying.

>being this much of a giant pleb

was that really shat on? if i remember correctly a lot of people in the high school and college age really liked it. a mate of mine had a poster of it hanging in his room and showed the movie to me quite enthusiastically. i cringed the whole time because it was so ridiculous

>I'm assuming this was shat on at release?

It wasn't, because it didn't get the theatrical release in the states it was supposed to thanks to Columbine having just happened.

I mean shat on by critics obviously

uhh, you're going to have to be a little bit more specific than that. LOL

are you saying this is a good film? and you're calling me a pleb?!

I still like Willem in this, I can't dislike a movie entirely if he's in it.

How was the acting bad? They are meant to act like emotionless planks of wood that's the point.

There's no problem in "liking" anything, problem is when you insist that everything you like is a flawless masterpiece.
You can even like the prequels or the Hobbit trilogy, but to think that they are well-executed quality films is just wrong.

You can enjoy eating literal shit, just don't go around telling everyone how it actually tastes great and is good for you.

>They are meant to act like emotionless planks of wood
Except when they clearly don't act emotionless, despite the fact everyone is supposed to be.

Sure they fucked up here and there but I think the point was that, like all Communist countries, the people in charge get to ignore all the rules.

shut up what are you like 13?

would you like to ban all discussion, you fucking retard? Just say you don't agree or something, you'll never censor opinions, like they do on your favorite website.

He has a point famalam.

>people like things

heavy shit especially on Sup Forums, a special interest site

I don't understand your point really my man, what are you even arguing for?

>can't follow basic thread of discussion

gb2r

>shut up what are you like 13?

yeah great fucking discussion, really clear point there

what don't you understand from that sentence?

I don't understand your point.

So people should like only flawless 11/10 masterpieces and nothing else? There are only atrocious utter dogshit films and extraordinary revolutionary pieces of art, nothing inbetween?

he thinks Sup Forums is "contrarian" because someone made fun of his favorite capeshit. just ignore that pleb.

what? how the fuck did you pull any of that from what i wrote? you're so insecure in your taste that you have to constantly screech at people that it's ok to like things

Because you didn't write anything, I am trying to guess your opinion on the subject because you never said your point except "lmao you're like 13 fuck off", just write one coherent buzzword free sentence.
So it's not ok to like the things you like?

you don't even know what you're upset about anymore, just let it go

There was, A FIRE FIGHT!