Which character did the MCU fuck up the most with transitioning him/her/it onto film?

Which character did the MCU fuck up the most with transitioning him/her/it onto film?

Bonus points: try to say someone other than Ultron.

>Bonus points: try to say someone other than Ultron.
Ultron was great faggot.

Zemo

>Where's the glue?!

Mandarin. Anything else is wrong.

It's clearly Hulk/Banner. That whole movie is a mess and the recast and new CGI Hulk couldn't be more welcome.

Shit dude she's only been in 2 movies, one of which was more of a minor role. Give her some time to develop her character.

>replying to Bendis

Natasha
Clint
Zemo

This desu

Having him not act like his creator wpuld be doing him wrong.

"RRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE I HATE MY DADDY!!1!!!" screaming jack-o-lantern Ultron is really a bad one-note comic villain who would have been a laughably shitty movie villain.

The only genuine answers are the characters they've kowtowed to the Chinese for, Not Muhndarin and Celtic Ancient One.

That said, they've made at least a dozen characters better than any of their comic portrayals.

This times 1000
It's Mandarin, no contest. He even beats Ultron in my opinion.

Thor

Pym

You can't make Mandarin any worse than he originally was.

The UN.
In Civil War they pretend they can do things.

Well played.

>they didn't see the one shot where the real mandarin sends guys to get/kill the fakes

Not canon

Alright, which MCU characters do you like more than their comic versions?

>Steve Rogers
>Tony Stark
>Scott Lang
>Falcon

Any villain they put on Agents of SHIT.

>We will never get Absorbing Man in a big budget Avengers fight now

>Thinking Blu Ray extras retroactively fixes cinematic movies.

I own every super hero blu ray ever created, let alone seen them.

>one shot damage control
It doesn't matter, they fucked up.

Are the one shots not canon, now?

Sam Wilson as Falcon, he is meant to be likeable and similar to the Bucky as a kid, but movie Falcon is just a douche fast and furious character

Maria Hill
Malekith
Zemo

That was confirmed to be purely to shut up the not muhs and will never be referenced again.

are you serious m8

Cap
Scott
Falcon
Bucky

I can also say I like Wanda and Spider-Man an equal level as their comic counterparts.

Scott
Tony
Cap
Rhodey

Gamora
Ronan
Black Widow

Anyone who argues otherwise is objectively wrong.

Agreed
Not having him be a god is dumb and the whole science=magic thing is just gay

The "not muh" meme is dumb, because people use it to ignore something fucking infuriating: Terrorist Mandarin was a new type of villain for the MCU that logically connected all three movies together tightly and had 'memorable' written on his forehead. Not to mention it was Ben Fucking Kingsley.

Then Black decided to go full retard and give us a THIRD evil white businessman played by a lesser actor who had zero interesting traits beyond being a less charismatic Edward Nigma. Not only that, but the henchmen were a bunch of Abercrombie models.

Could you imagine how fucking cool it would've been to see a bunch of terrorists from IM1 with Extremist boosts instead? Fuck.

I think the more important issue is who are we worried about sucking when/if they get added.

Personally I'm afraid that Taskmaster will suck if they ever use him in anything. Same for Mephisto, Ghost Rider and Moon Knight.

Gamora was never a good comics character, either.
You can argue "She's hotter in the comics", but it's really hard for a woman to be "comics hot".

But character-wise she's just about equal.

No they're all canon, they just don't matter. Just like Agents of SHIELD.

>Taskmaster
>Moon Knight

Considering they've done pretty strongly with Captain America, Batroc, Winter Soldier and with Punisher and Daredevil on TV, I can't really see what your concern is.

We really don't need any more Ghost Rider, the last two movies have already utilized the best of his incredibly thin rogue's gallery and stories.

I dunno man, I thought she was a much more entertaining character in the comics than in the movie.

I'm not even into women, so it's really not about which version is hotter for me.

I disagree.

You miss the point. No ones complaining about terrorist Kingsley Mandarin, they're complaining about the TWIST of him being some shitty actor

Well we're all entitled to our opinions.

Ultron's an algorithm based off of an existing set of brain patterns. They portrayed him just perfectly.

Well get ready, because Ghost Rider and Moon Knight are coming to Netflix...

This poor bastard.
And they didn't even have to get to his movie to do it.

>1.jpg
Opinion discarded.

They're complaining about both, user. The whole complaint is replacing a cool villain with a shit one last minute for an awful twist.

>Mandarin
>Cool
Fu Manchu with super Kung-Fu and magical dragon rings.

Sounds more like a Mortal Kombat villain.

What?

>ctrl+f
>no Strucker

Except they're right.

Also Mandarin
No accent Natasha
Whiplash
And Matt Murdock wasn't a ginger.

Cap
I was so happy they made the river of truth speech into something not full retard and made someone other than Cap say it

I came here to post this

Mcu fucked up Strucker waaaaaaaay to hard.

First off fuck you for thinking Ultron because he was solid. But these are my picks
>Mandarin
Truth be told, I could have lived with the persona given in the film. But for the simple fact that its just a ruse and there isnt a Mandarin at all is kinda shit
>Strucker
A complete fucking waste. I was excited seeing him when first teased and to be reduced to nothing but a glorified cameo makes him an easy pick
>Malekith
I like what was there but they did NOTHING with him
>Whiplash
Should of given us Crimson Dynamo and gave him more to do

> No, no, no.... leave me ALONE!!!!
Ultron turned into a little bitch who was getting outsmarted all over the place ever since the Seoul scene.

The creepy robo-lips and no open cheeks notwithstanding.

Aunt May.

The saving grace of Zemo is that he wasn't killed off, so there's still a chance he can become a proper Zemo.

>No accent Natasha
Ah, international superspies, well known for their thick and distinguishing accents.

>got wrecked in an aerial battle by Tony
>got wrecked hand to hand by Cap
>got wrecked in a coding battle with Jarvis
>got wrecked by Vision
>got corpse beaten by Hulk
>got corpse pissed on by Scarlet Witch

>screaming jack-o-lantern Ultron is really a bad one-note comic villain who would have been a laughably shitty movie villain
Hey now, I hope you're not implying that a still Ultron face would have been a bad thing. The scenes of him as the beat up iron legion and the drone were two of his best scenes, carried entirely by the voice acting and body language.

Mandarin was obviously the biggest departure but I liked it.

Ultron was the biggest fuck-up in execution. Though having him act like Tony made sense, it didn't help keep tension strong through the film.

It would have been better if he acted like he did in his first and last scenes throughout the film.

Every character in Guardians of the Galaxy, especially Star-Lord and Drax, Yondu too, if you're into that kind of thing.

Ronan and Gamora were fine if you've ever read anything pre-Giffen. They just had their histories jumbled up and thrown in a blender. Cause, you know, they were actual characters that existed for about 30 years before Annihilation.

Instead of Ronan's exile making him more of an antihero like Giffen, it made him even more of a psycho, similar to how he was in the earlier stuff. Yeah it kinda sucks they killed him but otherwise? Hardly the worst adaptation.

Gamora was a boring cocksleeve for Rider under Giffen and slutty wallpaper in DnA GotG, It truly baffles me that anybody even not muhs about the movie version, but I guess that's par for the course for ignorant DnAfags.

Source bitch.

I feel like reading DnA Guardians and the Annihilation + Conquest event before the movie was a mistake.

It was the first time I had a NOT MUH reaction. I just couldn't enjoy the movie that much because I knew how much better the characters were in the comics and how much interesting the movie could be.

Conversely, here's an MCU character that's way better than his in-name-only comics counterpart.

>Tony
He wasnt trying to win that fight, only distract him so he could get away with the vibranium. You got to remember hes managing several bodies at once
>Cap
Actually he was winning that fight, and would have killed Steve if it werent for the twins
>Jarvis
I'll give you that one
>Vision
Of course he did, he designed Vision better than him. And Vision had an Infinity Stone for fuck sake, which btw Ultron survived
>Hulk
Heavily damaged by infinity stone, so its a pass. When he was at prime he was kicking Thors ass
>Wanda
I dont see the issue with this one

Eh they did Pym pretty well, or at least Michael Douglas was a good choice.

I have a feeling Wright's Pym would have been better

Fuck off.

Ultron was fine as a character, aside from some misplaced quips. His powerlevel and effectiveness was more of an issue with the story than the character himself.

Really, they nailed Zemo's personality, motive, and tactical genius perfectly. They only thing they got wrong was his appearance and they set him up with plenty of time to hot glue a purple sock to his face.

Yeah, I mean, I do enjoy the movie, but I would throw the entire cast and crew into an active volcano for a straight adaptation of DnA.

I liked Nigger Fury in the MCU more than Ultimate Fury

Never stated in the movie.

>implying all the characters weren't based on DnA/Giffen with elements of previous writers (that you just never bothered to look into because you're filthy movie casuals at heart)

Band wagoners pls go. Giffen and DnA did not invent Cosmic Marvel. Well, Giffen helped with Rocket, but I digress.

I have a feeling Wright's Pym would be much MUCH worse, "le wifebeater" worse.

Am I the only who liked IM3 Mandarin?

Ultron was amazing in his first few scenes.
The party scene where he was some cyber zombie thing that quoted Revelation while wrecking everyone's shit raised my hopes for the movie.

Then spader started quipping about forgetting how to say "children" and it went downhill from there.

You're talking about Trevor or Killian?

Jesus, buddy. People are just saying they enjoyed DnA more than the movie, nobody in this thread even implied they invented cosmic Marvel, or cares, take your nerd raging elitism somewhere else.

He stopped being a "Fu Manchu" long ago, moviefag

She's Russian. She should have a Russian accent, not an American one.

>being this assmad
Someone is allowed to enjoy a comic more than a movie you know. People are also allowed to think GotG was nothing special.

See, I'm glad to have characters that have a visible character arc since I'm never going to get solo movies for them.

It's like all you morons forget that DnA was the endpoint of development for most of those characters. Even if you're just counting the modern stuff it still came after Annihilation and Conquest. So how do you start with a 616-based GOTG movie and not shift things around? Please enlighten me.

He wasn't a villain in his script you moron. He was Ant-Man for one-third of the movie.

It's an issue with Whedon's writing where he needs at least one character telling jokes/wry asides in every scene.

In the party scene, Tony and Hawkguy were there, so they could shoulder those duties.

In the scenes where Ultron was plotting, it was just him and the Twins.

It's a real flaw in Whedon's style of writing, to be honest. It works well with down-to-Earth characters who are only really fighting for themselves (e.g. in Firefly), but in Avengers it feels pretty misplaced sometimes, and really takes away from the tension.

Ironically, I don't think that Whedon himself wanted Age of Ultron to have as much humour as it did. It felt like, after Avengers, the execs said 'the next movie must have more of that signature Whedon humour'.

Who said anything about being a villain? What part of "having a feeling" you don't grasp, son?

I'm not assmad. Hell I defintely do like the comics more, who is why the movie changing things doesn't bother me.

I'm just tired of the "GOTG was nothing like the comics!" meme. It's getting real apparent that it's coming from people who are themselves utter casuals.

You know a lot of people lose their accents after enough practice right.

Citation needed.

But GOTG WAS nothing like the comics, sure, it had elements in common with the comics, all adaptations have, but the base characterization was all over the place, and that's what this thread is about.

Mandarin anything else is... Wait. Damn it. What co said.

Turn down the "morons" a bit, man. These are just comic books we're talking here, "DnA" became a short hand for "Cosmic Marvel 2004-2011", and I too think that's unfortunate, but that's what stuck, I doubt people are going around singing the praises of the DnA run based only on... The DnA run.

You think Wright would've gone all the way with Pym?

I think there's a legitimately interesting story to tell in Pym and Jan being an awful, toxic couple but no one besides Kurt Busiek's interested in remembering the fucked up shit Jan did.

There totally is, but every time that subject is tackled it's just awful, and maybe making it the focal point, or even worse, a sideplot of the mass audience's first exposure to Ant-Man would be a really really bad idea.

It's stated in the comics.
The movie might as well have stated it, considering how much everyone points out Ultron essentially acts like Tony's kid.

Nah, Moviebob liked him too.

Oh so its confirmed shit then

They should have had the title burst from the impact of Pym laying down the law. Just right out the gate with a really brutal dark moment that's never referenced again.