If the continents are always shifting, then why do ancient sites like stonehenge still perfectly aligned with the stars?

If the continents are always shifting, then why do ancient sites like stonehenge still perfectly aligned with the stars?

Google is no help here. I must be missing something for my search terms.

Sky is just a big ass half-sphere above our heads pal

just like in Truman Show

because youre vastly overestimating the speed of this process, its only like twenty feet of difference

atmospheric disturbance makes it harder to see things

Shifting continents moving at incredible high speed

also you might have meant to put this on sci?

Continental drift takes millions of years, few thousand makes almost no difference.

lol that's going to lit take a very very long time, but yes eventually it will be screwed up

Because of the timescales involved.

You're not realising just how slow the process is, and how little time human civilisation has existed in comparison.

man stfu i said it first

20 feet is well more than enough distance to change the orientation of something.

I could walk 1 foot and everything would be in a different location relative to where I started.

So why does everything still line up?

A single inch would ruin the equilibrium of such a system.

continental plates need million of years to become drastically different from today

Stonehedge is about 10k years old.

but we know the plates do drift.

>retarded question
>check flag
>its a burger

Because the Earth is flat, continental drift is a lie, Jesus did it and God made it so.

Was that the all-American answer you were seeking?

>A single inch would ruin the equilibrium of such a system.

it is already ruined

you can see those monuments on several places on the world, and none is """""perfect"""", at least not anymore

Stonehenge isn't perfectly aligned with shit, I've been several times, it's just fucking broken rocks

No, this was more like it You tried, though. I hope you guys get Hong Kong back soon. Cheers.

Because of Mandela effect.

It's true.

Look at the sun walk 20 ft and tell me how far it appears to move

well yeah but the structure stays the same, it just sits on top of the continent. Stonehenge is still the same shape.

& the nearest star is like fifteen miles away do you know how fucking far that is

seriously though several miles of drift on our planet would probably make very little difference

go fuck a teakettle you bitchass calling cookies biscuit ass fucking Muslim ass bitch how about you lose control of an entire seafaring empire in the blink of am eye again faggot your great grandmother needed so much dick your country took over the world to get her enough go fuck some black pudding while thinking of the queen faggot

Believe it or not drift of stellar objects and constellations is a bigger issue. Stonehenge and similar megaliths are not perfectly aligned today, but were very close at the time of their construction. They use computer models to backtrack how the constellations used to look and the changes in their orientations over time.
>t. the Discovery Channel

Point taken.

I guess no matter how insignificant you've concluded you are. You'll learn some more information to feel even smaller.

Amazing.

>if the sun travels at 45,000 mph, then why do we see the same star patterns the greeks saw over 2,000 years ago, since we've traveled over 8 quadrillion miles through space since the Greeks looked at the night sky long ago?
because the earth is flat and stationary.

how much american programming do you frostbacks get? we got red green when we lived in montana, do you have mostly your own shows?

There's a roof in the way now.

Mostly American. Virtually all the Canadian content is CBC (our antifa state media) and hasn't been worth watching for decades outside the occasional documentary.

this.

universal timeframes are way beyond human comprehension.

we're talking about tenths of thousands of years here, probably more time than we've had written history

hold your thumb up at arms length and switch winking between your eyes. Your thumb "moves"

now imagine your arm was thousands of lightyears long.