Wait, how the fuck does Pete remember this?

Wait, how the fuck does Pete remember this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0tnbtFzUZmo&feature=youtu.be&t=55s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Tony Stark only mind wiped /himself/. Everyone else remembers the shit from Civil War-Dark Reign, however Tony Stark does not.

So wait, when did the timeline diverge for OMD?

Marvel mind-wiping the identities of Peter -AND- Tony from everyone's mind is objectively one of the shittier decisions they've ever made.

I hate when Pete refers to Spider-Man as being his "bodyguard", same with Tony. It's so unoriginal and fucking boring.

It's not even entertaining as dramatic irony; it's just a huge dick slap in the face of the reader.

This has nothing to do with OMD. The only thing effected by OMD was the events of people learning Peter's identity and his marriage and any plot point that stemmed from that. So according to the new timeline he would have been staying in the Avengers Tower, but either without MJ or while /dating/ MJ, not married.

>So according to the new timeline he would have been staying in the Avengers Tower, but either without MJ or while /dating/ MJ, not married.
Why were they living there in the first place?

Except post-Secret Wars,-NO ONE- knows who Pete is except MJ. That means none of his friends or Avengers colleagues.

Meaning, why would Pete even be STAYING in Avengers tower? Or MJ? Or Aunt May? Because they were "friends" with Spider-Man? It doesn't make any fucking sense anymore.

Even if Pete wasn't living in Avengers Tower, why were MJ and Aunt May? Just because?

I've only read like 3 all new Spidey comics but Slott seriously just copy pasted Tony Stark and called it Peter Parker?

People don't remember who Peter was after Secret Wars 3? I thought they all still did.

So Secret Wars mixed shit up even more? Why?

I know everyone on this board is in the opposite opinion of me on this. But I want street level Peter back. Spider-Man doesn't work unless he's a street level character or doing important stuff as a side character.

Because Reed's a tremendous asshole.

It's sort of like Batman Inc, but without the Spider-verse.

Obviously Pete was a contractor for the Avengers providing tech support. They were forced to move into Avengers Tower after a supervillain attacked them at their home.

Absolutely.

>Runs Parker Industries, one of the biggest science & tech companies on the planet, with operations worldwide.
>The suit is now an extremis-type armor, but for some reason the mask is still a mask that he has to pull on?
>Refers to Spider-Man as his body guard

It's the dumbest thing that Spider-Man has ever gone through, including OMD; At least in the fallout of OMD we got some really consistently good stories for a couple years.

Post SW a lot of people know who Spider-man is, Mockingbird, Anna Marie, Prowler. Further more the spell that was used in OMD got weakened during Spider-Island because of pic related. After OMD, everyone remembered that Peter and MJ were married, but assumed they got devoriced.

How do you guys get so confused about this stuff? It's pretty simple and basic fictional writing.

>So according to the new timeline he would have been staying in the Avengers Tower, but either without MJ or while /dating/ MJ, not married.
Marvel never does "big" retcons like that, Peter and MJ had a common-law marriage, not a "real" marriage. Everything still happened the same way except Harry's death was faked and came back into Peter's life at some point.

If this were the actual, canon explanation, I would be absolutely o-fucking-kay with it, but since it's Slott, I know it's going to be some bullshit like:

>Peter lived in the tower because Spider-Man thought his boss would be safer in the tower than living on his own!

And everybody gives shit to DC for resetting and reorganizing its timeline.

Only a select few know; those three, Doc Ock in the robot's body, MJ, and probably Miles Warren.

Aside from that, even his friends (Daredevil, Wolverine, The Fantastic Four, etc. etc.) don't even remember who he is under the mask.

It's such horseshit too, because Spidey is so amazing when he's teamed up with others and can have support behind him.

Because MJ was fucking Tony

Peter is now basically 60's Tony Stark.

>I've never read OMD or anything past JMS' run of Spider-Man

Not that I can blame you; JMS' run was one of the best.

Except there's only one Spider-Man who is conveniently wherever Peter is.

He's amazing as street-level, but I don't mind him getting recognition as an Avenger and being involved in more widespread arcs.

I also just realized that this only explains Spider-Man's connection to Pete after the formation of Parker Industries. What the fuck is the explanation for their connection when Pete was just a school teacher?

Well with the Regent existing this world, I wonder what the fuck is going on. The FF just decided to keep a supervillain from the universe where Pete's still married, but they fucked over his daughter anyway?

Well, Logan is dead, I'm sure Matt would recognize him if he didn't see him, and Jackal will always know Spidey, same with Ock now. I think the FF might still remember him after SW, post OMD he had an arc where he took his mask off for them and broke Strange's spell for them.

At least Spidey has deadpool and Thwippy the Ultimate Spider-teen to pal around with, right?

So being the head of a big corporation doesn't make him less relatable, but getting married does?

>Aside from that, even his friends (Daredevil, Wolverine, The Fantastic Four, etc. etc.) don't even remember who he is under the mask.
Where are people getting this shit, Johnny Storm even attacked Pete for buying the Baxter building, cause He/Spidey of all people should've known what that building represented, then he and pete had this whole heart to heart and showed him the memorial of the F4, and said he'd give up the building as soon as the four were back together again. The only reason he bought the place is because he didn't want anyone else to buy his friends home.

Didn't Peters home get destroyed? Someone storytimed JMS run and I think that's what happened

>Simple.

Damn, I must be a retard because this shit is so convoluted.

Common-law marriage does not exist in the state of New York. If you mean they were cohabiting, say it - that's different to common law marriage even in the nine states that actually recognize CLM.

No, people still learned his identity, it was wiped after the fact by Stark, Strange and Richards at Peter's request. You know, the whole Illuminati deal where they'd still work together even during Civil War.

Literally none of the stories changed; only people's recollection and the marriage itself. Pete and MJ still lived together, and all it takes for people to remember is Pete telling them his identity.

Secret Wars 3 was bullshit. It's as simple as that. Give it five years and nobody will even reference any of it.

>Wait, how the fuck does Pete remember this?27 Replies / 2 ImagesView Thread
Because it still happened to him.

>What the fuck is the explanation for their connection when Pete was just a school teacher?

The same as it had always been. He was originally a photographer who took pictures of Spidey and they kind of knew each other as a result. Spider-Man gave Peter tip-offs etc.

But Tony make the Iron Spider suit by himself.

Matt -might-, but it doesn't seem to be the case; they met back in Waid's run and he didn't know who the fuck he was. Also

>Matt had his mind wiped with a spell too

Fucking dumb.

>Deadpool
Doesn't know that Peter is Spidey. In Spider-Man/Deadpool, DP is hired to kill Parker, but he's in a dilemma because he's worried it might make his friend Spidey mad if he offs his boss.

>Miles Morales

I'm not even sure that he fucking remembers Peter. In the latest issue of Miles' comic, he blows up a PI sign and says "Sorry Mr. Parker!", and the one time that he ran into Peter in his solo book, there was no indication that he KNEW who was under that mask. If anything, it's question marks.

It's fucking Slott. He doesn't know shit about being relatable.

I don't think this is correct. Logan knows Peter because of Old Man shit and Johnny knows Peter and attacked him. When did everyone forget who he was post Secret Wars? I don't remember it happening.

I honestly don't see how, this is pretty tame as far as confusing storylines in fiction go. The Metal Gear franchises makes way less sense than this for example.

I'D RECOGNIZE THOSE BALLS ANYWHERE!

youtube.com/watch?v=0tnbtFzUZmo&feature=youtu.be&t=55s

Oh no, I didn't mean that DP and Miles M know who Spidey is, I just mean that he's got them to pal around with since Jonny is off setting himself up to get murdered by Blackbolt.

Also, Joe Kelly writes a fucking amazing Spider-Man, I really hope he gets put on the flagship book soon, Slott is "alright", and I'm being very generous when I say that, but I'm tired of him and want something fresh. Spider-Man a d Deadpool is easily my favorite Spider-Book being printed today.

You can still KNOW that it's Spider-Man, and not know the man underneath the mask. When Johnny and Pete were talking about Deadpool on the Unity Squad, Johnny never acknowledged that it was Pete under the mask, just that it was his Bro Spider-Man.

Yeah, but at that point, Tony knew Pete was Spider-Man. Since he was a New Avenger, he invited him to live in Avengers tower. In this new timeline, he had no reason to offer Pete a place to live.

Secret Wars 3 was absolute bullshit, no argument from me. At least some of the tie-ins were cool, and it was neat seeing alternate interpretations of characters (but then again, I'm a sucker for that shit).

I agree with you 100% user. Slott is alright, but he seems to have forgotten how to write a coherent storyline that isn't just "muh status quo". I actually thought Superior was refreshing and a nice shake-up.

But let's be real; Marvel isn't going to give up Slott's spot on ASM. And thus, we suffer.

>implying this scene wasn't fucking amazing
Literally one of the few situations that no one, not even The Boss herself could've prepared for.

I love What Ifs too, but I really wish they'd just brought it back as a proper line for a summer and really pushed it if they wanted to see what might work in future. There was really no need to make it a convoluted tie-in.

Their house got destroyed so they moved into the Tower. Then Aunt May fucked Jarvis.

I'm talking about issue three of the new Spidey book. Johnny clearly knows that it's Peter under the mask.

That's because Peter revealed his identity to the FF after OMD returning their memories of his unmasking to them. The FF and New Avengers are like family to Peter so he trusts them with his identity

Since this thread is also about post secret wars has anyone made the connection that this is a new universe or remembered the events of secret war other than Singularity in A-Force?

So basically they created a universe for themselves where Pete has to buy their home, his nemesis from the Secret World exists, but they can't keep his marriage or daughter.

What the actual fuck?

The spell makes it so that Matt CAN'T recognize him which is why he knows something weird is going on almost immediately.
Did Mephisto actually show up anywhere in secret wars? I think he either died with the multiverse or Hell counted as being sufficiently outside the multiverse to protect him.
Plus the FF presumably don't realize that Peter was married.

>Plus the FF presumably don't realize that Peter was married.
Then how did they come up with The Regent?

Because MJ/Peter is a shit relationship

I thought we were talking about the one dude who said their memory was erased again after Secret Wars 3.

They're acting like protective parents. /No one/ is good enough for their Peter.

they made everything the way it was (except Molecule Man added Miles and friends) because butterfly effect

Seeing Harry and Peter working together is easily the best thing to come out of the whole post-Spock thingamajig. It makes me maybe too nostalgic.

>after omd everyone remembered Peter and MJ were married.
No they didn't. They never got married. Because of Mephisto's meddling Peter never made it to his wedding. After that Peter and MJ chose to stay together but never get married.
They then made it that they broke up after Civil War because she didn't like the idea of being the only person who knows his secret identity.

Eh, Peter/Johnny feels are better for me.

He already existed in 616 and other universe but had yet to be active?
I think I see the problem here. You see Renew Your Vows and assume that the FF would think that dimension is their Peter Parker when to them it's not the same. As far as they know they're just respecting the wishes of both MJ and Peter to not be married in the first place. RYV is an entirely different spider-man to them. Do you not see the ethical problem in forcing him to be married as well?
It's not even like the 616 Spidey died. It's still the same exact one. There is no real reason to make him married suddenly and Slott's been character assassinating MJ so hard that I doubt they'd want him to be with her anyway.
Or if you really want a random bullshit explanation.
Reed has a suspicion that the 4th wall exists as everything in the world behaves like a story. If he knows of the Mephisto deal thanks to his current position then seeing the nonsensical nature of it would make him realize that fixing the marriage so soon will incur the wrath of the evil beings and hack editors that forced OMD upon us.

Do we have a list of who the 26 are?

MJ is one of them, right?

Tony is such a fucking pussy.

>Reed has a suspicion that the 4th wall exists as everything in the world behaves like a story. If he knows of the Mephisto deal thanks to his current position then seeing the nonsensical nature of it would make him realize that fixing the marriage so soon will incur the wrath of the evil beings and hack editors that forced OMD upon us.
Hypercrisis?

It wouldn't surprise me if Marvel didn't bother to count and the number is actually higher.
MJ
Carlie
Kaine
All of the New Avengers (Wolverine, Luke Cage, Iron Fist(?), Dr Strange, Hawkeye. Mockingbird,BuckyCap, Can't recall if spider-woman was a slrull at the time or not, and i can't recall the other members off the top of my head.)+ Jessica Jones
All of the Fantastic Four

There are some others that know that peter doesn't realize know such as Tony Stark.

>You see Renew Your Vows and assume that the FF would think that dimension is their Peter Parker when to them it's not the same.

But they would have to recreated Mephisto's voodoo for it to work, otherwise they'd have naturally gotten together.

Well, he assumed Tony still remembered him, which wasn't true so I guess it's 25.

We have
>Anna
>Living Brain
>Johnny
>Prowler
>MJ
>Goblin
>Mockingbird
>Jackal
That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Kaine is deadish and the Fantastic Four are assumed dead, so they don't count.

Norman knows again? When did that happen? I don't remember him knowing at the end of Superior Spider-man

Well he knew that Otto took over Spider-Man's body, so I assumed he remembered Peter.

Nah. I think it's more that they created an end product and the past naturally fell into place during the creation process. You're also forgetting that Molecule Man a step in this which is how Miles got shoved in.

He assumed Tony Stark remembered Peter Parker living there and not that Tony Stark remembered Peter Parker was Spider-man.

Why would Peter Parker be living in the Avengers mansion, but not Spider-Man?

Why wouldn't he remember it?

>Except post-Secret Wars,-NO ONE- knows who Pete is except MJ. That means none of his friends or Avengers colleagues.
That is objectively not true

At this point it's just you either having completely forgotten everything you ever read or lacking the ability to do literary analysis.

Stark publicly hired Peter as a consultant so even if he forgets that Peter is spider-man he knows that he hired a dude to help him out with science stuff.

Then there's the fact that Peter is now publicly known for making Spider-man's equipment so if Tony can't recall Peter actually doing any work (which Peter did btw) he would assume he hired Peter to make it easier for Spider-man to keep his tech supplier nearby.

You're trying to dig a plot hole up where there isn't one.

What? Only memories that were erased as part of Secret Wars were:
>Dr. Strange's memories of the Black Priests and attempting to sell his soul (as confirmed by the Marvel Handbook)
>Everyone's memory of Secret Wars itself
Most people's recollection of events was:
>Oh shit the world's about to end!
>Big fuzzy blur where people have a vague memory of "Mr. Fantastic sacrificing himself to save everything" like a half-remembered dream mixed with a really bad hangover
>suddenly everyone is back and all the damage caused by the final incursion has been undone with random alt universe people hanging out.

>But let's be real; Marvel isn't going to give up Slott's spot on ASM. And thus, we suffer.

I don't know, the last issue of ASM hit 67k units sold. The title hasn't sold that poorly since pre ASM 700.

Thats why I liked Luke Cages Avengers. They all seemed to fit and Peter was cool and had great banter with everyone.

>Except post-Secret Wars,-NO ONE- knows who Pete is except MJ
No? The fuck are you on about? From Slott's Spider-man alone, it was confirmed that:
>Johnny
>Mockingbird
>Midget Waifu
All know Pete is Spider-man. Lo' and behold, those three all knew his identity before Secret Wars as well.

Spend less time making up your own head-canons and more time reading the actual material you're contradicting.

>After OMD, everyone remembered that Peter and MJ were married, but assumed they got devoriced.
Nah, it was that they were engaged, then the wedding fell through, and instead of actually doing the wedding a second time they just stayed in a serious committed relationship until their lives settled to a point where they could actually settle down.

Then that never happened because Peter kept being Spider-man, so MJ left him.

The only real retcon is that instead of them being "married" all that time, they were just in a "serious committed relationship." Everything still played out how it did.

God this new continuity sucks.

It is entirely possible that there was already a 616 Augustus Roman and he just didn't become Regent until after Secret Wars. The only people that were integrated into 616 directly were Miles and his friends and family. All the other multiversal refugees from Secret Wars basically just ended up on 616 by accident.

Old Man Logan, Warrior Woman, The Maker, none of them were SUPPOSED to end up on 616, they just did because Reed and Franklin didn't do a perfect job with the whole multiversal reboot thing.

It's also worth remembering that Tony literally wiped his mind during Dark Reign and lost all of his memories of events from Disassembled to Dark Reign, this includes the entire period of time where Peter was working for him, hence why he doesn't remember it.

I figured that user noticed that already being pointed out. I try to maintain at least some optimism.

Reminder that Slott went crazy after being put on the flagship Spidey and started trying to make his name practically tied to the fucking thing,

I'm pretty sure a lot of other people are, so the Ghost Riders are now a team in 616 because of Secret Wars, the Garth Ennis Phantom Eagle stuff is 616 canon, etc.

This is how it worked.

Mephisto made it so that MJ and Peter were never married. There was an awful comic called one moment in time where it is shown how Mephisto altered events to stop it.

The reasoning for everyone forgetting is that Strange cast a spell that caused everyone to forget, and would never be able to figure it out either, unless Peter specifically unmasks himself. This was shown in an issue where the fantastic four go to the microverse together, and they see a faceless statute of unmasked Spiderman, and are confused why they don't remember him. Peter unmasks and they remember everything.

During spider island when Peter reveals his powers on tv, this sorta broke the spell. When Carlie discovered he was Spider-man after that, Peter goes to strange and asks how someone was able to figure it out.

Strange explains when the spell broke, everyone could now discover his identity on their own if they can connect the dots.

Pretty sure that's correct. So they still don't remember unless they figure it out or he unmasks.

can you post the page where logan gets thrown out the window? please?

The ultimates kind of did. They saw the omniverse from the outside, which included the sliding timescale and the erased pre secret wars continuities.

The Fantastic Four know! Oh, wait...

God willing, if I or any of my descendants are ever in a position to change it, I'm retconning OMD with as a dream sequence. Logic be damned.

Mockingbird? Lol forgot about her. So what happened to the other F4 members?

>Peter suddenly remembers crucial Civil War moment as Civil War is out in cinema
cringe

What
Tony doesn't remember Peter at all?
I thought his mind wipe was up to just before Civil War

Stan Lee already did that in the newspaper strip. They just remember it as some horrific nightmare.

I personally say go the route that I and Sup Forums came up with a few years back.
Dr Strange, Ghost Rider, Spidey's wizard loli, MJ (who may or may not be helped out by the ghost of Red Sonya (her ancestor), Spider-man, Loki, and the Silver Surfer invade Hell to take the marriage back. I added in MJ since I figure that she has to help take it back to both redeem herself from later bullshit done to her and this seems like the sort of thing she'd be required to make a personal effort for.

It'll happen one way or the other. With Spider-Man on the way, corporate synergy will win out and Quesada will be stuck in the Negative Zone for the rest of eternity.

I just wish I could be there to taunt him when it's announced.

What if the new movies ship him with Betty Brant as to not rehash the MJ and Gwen romances already covered by McGuire and Garfield-Spider-Man?

I don't think Reed had full control over the worlds he made so this could be a case of shit happens.

>Marvel
>deviating from the norm

They're not going to fuck with a multi-billion dollar cashcow. This isn't Sony or FOX - they want you to buy their toys, read their books, and wear their clothes.

I'd personally love it if they brought in some of the original spider-bitches. MJ may be endgame but it means alot more to see the journey that leads them there.

Nah, Peter was providing the gadgets for Spider-man and Spidey called in a favor to Tony to do him a solid.

They don't regulate specific events, as far as I know. Valeria specifically said that Reed and Sue were going to have to rediscover and catalogue all the worlds they were creating. If anyone is to blame is Franklin, who comes up with the ideas for the universes. Even then, from the way it was described it seems like Franklin just comes up with a very basic premise, it spawns into existance with Reed's powers, and then they just let it unfold.