Does your country have a special relationship with another?

Does your country have a special relationship with another?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mHSaHRd4Q48
thestar.com/news/canada/2016/06/01/quebec-vermont-towns-straddling-border-chafe-under-heightened-security.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Italy mentions Poland in its anthem, Poland mentions Italy in its anthem
I find it cute

nah

nah, always a lone wolf

Croatia. They constantly try to take our land and we collectively go on holiday in their country every year. That seems special to me.

>tfw special relationship with 2 countries

Get back to bed, puppet State, I want that yellow poon mmmm

Canada is our best friend.

rate this gif

America is our boipucci

Fuck off Chicano
Poland is a better friend than fucking Canada

I rate it Belgiumistherapecapitaloftheworld/10

We are alone in this cruel world
Maybe Argentina come close to have a special relation

>poland is better friend than Canada

Don't make me get the rake and the toilet paper

It's true you numale lumberjack good for nothing faggot

I always tought spain and italy where friends desu

This

>speaks fluent swedish

We stand alone

we made nukes with israel

Spain already has an affair with portugal though.
It's either greece, or settling with san marino/vatican city

I wish but we are not
Time ago (50 years ago), France was our bestie but now they are only craving for Germany cock

One time in 1957 San Marino was on the verge of a civil war and we all watched like it was a sport event. It was CUTE.

No

Also this, it's Greece probably

Yes, I also remember the time America and Poland carved out the GOAT continent, shared the longest border in human history, enjoyed centuries of peace and prosperity alongside one another, created a lasting and influential culture, fought together in trenches, on beaches, over mountains, and across deserts, put men on the moon, then built the world's largest trade reciprocity.

youtu.be/mHSaHRd4Q48

People from here and Portugal like to fight and see which country has the best Dragon Ball openings, there are many other dumb disagreements it's all pretty sad to watch
We seem friendly here on Sup Forums though

probably greece since spain is giving us a cold shoulder
romania is also i candidate we dont want to admit

>put men on the moon
Ah yes, the quintessential Canadian achievement.

No.

t. Carabiniere

When leaf PM Difenbaker dissolved the Avro program he "loaned" a group of aerospace engineers to NASA where they formed the core of what is today called the Johnson Space Center. They were tasked with manned space flight, it was Canadian and chief flight engineer Owen Maynard that designed the lunar lander, which you'll recognise as the thing that makes a lunar landing possible.

>Russia
fuck you
>N/S Korea
fuck you
>China
fuck you
>Taiwan
muh dick

That's like saying America is responsible for the Rosetta craft because we designed and built some of the instruments, or that Germany orchestrated the moon landing because Wernher Von Braun was German.

Mind, I do believe in the future of Canadian-American cooperation, this just seems a strange example.

a lot of things made a lunar landing possible mate

>Canadian working at NASA designs the the thing that makes lunar landings possible
>is equivalent to sending some instruments to Germany or taking Nazi scientists

Every instrument on a spacecraft is necessary to make its mission possible

>Canadian working at NASA designs the the thing that makes lunar landings possible
is not equivalent to
>German working at NASA designs the the [sic] thing that makes lunar landings possible
to you?

von Braun made the rockets that made space travel possible, Owen Maynard made the lunar lander that made a lunar landing possible

No

We are surrounded by friends

It would be fair to say that Canada contributed to the moon landing. It would be unfair to say that it is a shining example of Canadian-American cooperation

This

I would say that one country sending a team of engineers to another country where they were chiefly tasked with manned space flight and subsequently designed the craft that made arguably the greatest achievement in scientific history possible is probably the greatest example of American-Canadian cooperation.

No, but this one country's papers like to say we do

probably France, I think. They still stick by our side despite us having invaded them twice in the last 100 years, destroying their country with bombs, killing thousands of their people etc. That's real friendship, thanks France

Not exactly, people here are just too far away from other countries, most live on the coast

MAYBE Portugal, I think

We had a team of German engineers too so I guess you'll have to share that cooperation with them.

My country is in love with Mauritius

rude but I suppose at least it's not british scum

Politically it is France, but on an individual level French people in general are pretty much indifferent towards Germany with some faint notions of appreciation mixed with some angst of Germany's economical/technological strength.

Say germany declares war on bongistan, who does francois side with?

No

You had a team of former Nazis (so not a great example of country friendships), many retired by the time of the moon landing, and they were mostly responsible for rocket technology. If this were a conversation about rockets, or even putting men into space, we would be talking about America, Germany, and Russia, but we are talking about landing on the moon so the countries in this conversation would primarily be the USA and Canada.

Yeah, but given how much our populations don't care for each other, how much does that history matter?

Papua New Guinea cause kokoda

We're northern Croats and they are southern Poles.

What are you talking about? 81% of Americans view Canadians favourably (the most of any country). 68% of Canadians view Americans favourably

There wouldn't be a moon landing without the rockets, unless these Canadian wizards also developed teleportation technology.

Eesti :3

With the UK, I guess

I'd stand with the bongs, I guess
But I'd rather not fight at all and let them kill each other

>May these gates never be closed.

Uh-oh.

>Quebec-Vermont towns straddling border chafe under heightened security
Boisvert said that when he was a child, his best friend was a Canadian who lived across Canusa Street. “So, hell, we were back and forth across that road 100 times a day. We didn’t think about it. Border? What border? And now this s--- that’s going on.”

What Boisvert means is that every time he or his wife cross the street or drive off on an errand, they have to report in at the U.S. or Canadian border posts. It’s the same for all 23 families on the street.

The border stations are close by, but often there are lines. The fine for not checking in is a steep $5,000 and/or two years in jail on the American side and $1,000 on the Canadian side. And there’s no escaping the surveillance, Boisvert said.

Louise said she no longer visits her Canadian neighbor Mylène.

“If we are going to talk to each other, she stands on her side, and I stand on mine,” she said. One time, “there was some sort of little domesticated rat that was following Mylène around over there and she came over, she had her passport in her hand, and she said, ‘There’s this rat, and I think it’s somebody’s pet.’ She wanted to find the owner. But she had to go and report and come over here and then she was going to have to go to the Canadian side to report back. . . . I don’t know what happened to the rat.”

Metal gates now block the north-south streets that once connected Derby Line and Stanstead.

In at least two cases, the border runs through homes, restricting access to back yards and forcing owners to seal off doors.

thestar.com/news/canada/2016/06/01/quebec-vermont-towns-straddling-border-chafe-under-heightened-security.html

I took me 3 hours to cross the border on a greyhound. First time I crossed a real hard land border of two countries as someone who grew up within the Schengen Zone.

>several American celebrities claim they'll move to Canada if Trump is elected
>Trump gets elected
>celebrities: of course we're not moving to Canada
Nice autism picture. Here's my proof: I live in a border state, and just about everyone I know thinks Canadians are smug, entitled assholes.

Those towns are shitholes anyway. Close the border permanently.

Yes, the rockets are necessary, but every major innovation is a collaborative effort that builds upon past steps. If I ask who built the atomic bombs in WWII, people say Oppenheimer, they don't give out a list of every scientist and inventor in history related to atomic or munitions technology and they sure as hell don't mention the inventors of the airplane that carried the bombs.
Lots of countries had rockets capable of leaving earth and they had been around for over 40 years by the time of the moon landing.

I live in a border town and only teenagers on either side think that about one another

we have a love-hate relationship with ireland

That's fair, and it's pretty much the same here. When we have to deal with Canadians, though, it's usually pretty unpleasant.

i'd say France. But honestly i would say anybody except the english. The only people that have proven time and again to be anti german for no good reason (last few decades to now)

no