OMG LIFE IS SO TERRIBLE AND HUMANITY IS OUT FOR THEMSELVES WITH NO EXCEPTIONS! EVERYTHING IS BLEAK AND MEANINGLESS...

OMG LIFE IS SO TERRIBLE AND HUMANITY IS OUT FOR THEMSELVES WITH NO EXCEPTIONS! EVERYTHING IS BLEAK AND MEANINGLESS, FREEDOM IS A TERRIFYING THING TO STUPID PEOPLE, AND THE WORLD IS A COLD AND UNFORGIVING PLACE! LET ME DEMONSTRATE THIS BY HOLDING THE CAMERA ON THE DESOLATE BARREN WASTELAND AND THE PATHETIC MONGRELS WHO ARE THE CHARACTERS FOR MINUTES AND MINUTES AT A TIME AS THE AUDIENCE SHIFTS UNCOMFORTABLY UNDER THEIR GAZE! HA HA HA HA! I AM SUCH A GENIUS! THANK GOD I WASN'T PURGED BY STALIN OR ELSE I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO SHARE THIS MASTERFUL VISION WITH THE WORLD! YES, YES, LOOK AT HOW SHE TORTURES THE CAT! IT IS A METAPHOR FOR THE CORRUPTION OF POWER! YES! POWER... CORRUPTION... HUMANITY SUCKS! NOW GIVE ME MORE MONEY TO FUND MY NEXT NIHILISTIC MASTERPIECE!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vncalWHCX8U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i get the feel mods make these pasta threads for clickbait

>may i have this Satan's tango?

DROPPED

Only like 4 people on Sup Forums have seen it.

I've seen it 4 times AMA

Did you ever see it in a theater?
Is it your favorite movie?
Are you Bela Tarr?

Why do you think a lot of people don't seem to understand the movie's black humor?

OMG LIVING IN FRANCE IS SO HORRIBLE! THE CLASS DIVIDE SINGLES OUT IMMIGRANTS! YOU CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE WHAT IT'S LIKE TO STRUGGLE AS AN IMMIGRANT! EVERY DAY IS FILLED WITH THE SAME SULLEN FACES, THE SAME DILAPIDATED BUILDINGS, AND THE SAME HOPELESS CYCLE! LOOK HOW THE CHARACTERS FILL THEIR TIME BY ENGAGING IN DEGENERATE PRACTICES LIKE RIOTING AND SELLING NARCOTICS! THIS ISN'T THEIR FAULT BECAUSE THE SYSTEM KEEPS IMMIGRANTS DOWN! HOWEVER, SINCE THESE IMMIGRANTS ARE ALSO """"""LE FRENCH"""""", THEY ALSO HAVE A JOIE DE VIVRE THAT UPPERCLASS WHITE EUROPEANS WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND! LOOK HOW THE YOUNG MEN BREAKDANCE IN THE PROJECTS, AND THE CAMERA LINGERS ON HIM FOR MINUTES AT A TIME! IT IS JUXTAPOSING THE BEAUTY OF HIS GIFT WITH THE SQUALOR OF THE CHARACTERS' LIVING CONDITIONS! THIS IS VERY DEEP STUFF AND I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED IF YOU COME AWAY FROM THIS MOVIE WITH A LITTLE PERSPECTIVE!

why do plebs think if a movie is longer than 2 hours it's patrician?

yes
no
no

I find Tarr's movies hilarious, the scene in the bar with bread-guy always cracks me up.
I don't think that eastern european rural life translates particularly well into comedy, especially because the long takes don't allow for the comedic punctuation most people are accustomed with.

What the fuck was Irimias's problem?

ever tried The witness?

What IS your favorite movie/director?

Yeah people can meme all they like. It's one of the best films ever made, with a great human feel to it.

Do you agree with this pasta, and if so, what is its point?

Dunno, but Satantango is patrician as fuck, so it's not really on-topic.

well he saw the people of the town for the corrupt egoists they really were, you can't blame him for despising and tricking them

never seen it, is it good?

Twilight (1990), I'm not sure about director maybe Syberberg

>seven and a half hours
>slow as fuck
>obscure language
>black and white

That's not patrician. That's what you call a hipster movie.

You can't blame him for despising them. Blaming him for tricking them is another story.

why do women hate tarr
where there any women at your screening

I think he was morally justified, he was above them, plus the only guy that didn't deserve it because he wasn't like the rest (Futaki I think he was called) got away before shit went down

It was packed with women desu 40% or so

were they hot

It's art cinema, "patrician" is a meme. Seriousness hasn't been hip for a long time. If you want to be a child all your life, you'll fail. Get on Tarr's level.

well that was a nice nap

I read the book. AMA.

are you gay

OMG LIFE IN COMMUNIST HUNGARY IS A TERRIBLE AND CHAOTIC EXPERIENCE TO MOST OF ITS CITIZENS! THE UNEDUCATED AND THE POOR ARE EASILY TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF BY THOSE IN POWER! THE MASSES WILL RAPIDLY BREAK DOWN AND DESTROY EVERYTHING AROUND THEM! BUT IF YOU TAKE AWAY THEIR NUMBERS, THEIR WEAPONS, AND THEIR CLOTHES, THEY ARE JUST IMPOTENT AND WEAK! LOOK AT THE NAKED OLD MAN IN THE HOSPITAL, HOW FRAIL AND FRAGILE HE LOOKS AS THE ANGRY MOB DESTROYS EVERYTHING AROUND HIM! SEE HOW THE CAMERA LINGERS ON HIS SHRIVELED BODY, AND HOW THE UNRULY MOB REALLY BEGINS TO CONTEMPLATE THEIR ACTIONS IN THE FACE OF HIS SHRIVELED PENIS! LISTEN TO THE MONOLOGUE OF HOW WERCKMEISTER'S THEOREM BROUGHT DISORDER TO MUSIC THAT SET THE MEDIUM ON A COURSE FOR DESTRUCTION THAT WE EXPERIENCE TO THIS DAY! THIS IS POWERFUL, THIS IS A MIDDLE FINGER TO SOCIETY, THIS IS TRUTH! YOU DIRTY CAPITALISTS COULD NEVER UNDERSTAND!

Also want to know this.

Tryhard movie for pretentious psueds and forced af.

Yeah, again, not about the Communist era.

Literally an allegory for Hungary's failed anti-USSR revolution.

*giggles*

What's a non-tryhard movie for unpretentious patricians?

Tree of Life

drive

>Satantango
>Satan
>tango

Satan tango?

not unpretentious

not patrician

from Tarrs wiki page
>Tarr is a critic of nationalism, and in a 2016 interview said, "Trump is the shame of the United States. Mr. Orbán is the shame of Hungary. Marine Le Pen is the shame of France. Et cetera."[11]
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Just like Haneke. Humorless dick.

sounds good, gonna check it out this weekend

wtf i love bela tarr now

Why are so many directors leftists? Is it because they're not as smart as they think they are?

>implying anyone here has actually watched a badly made, low-budget, 8 hour russian movie.

no one here is that sad and pathetic.

they just want to pretend they've watched it

I watched it in one go

Watch Kontroll instead. It's kino.

youtube.com/watch?v=vncalWHCX8U

Phantom of the Paradise

Op here those other 2 plebs aren't me

Because conservatives are anti creativity.
If it were for them the only movies we would have would be propaganda

>literally 7 hours of nothing

BRAVO, 10/10!

leave kino to us.

go home plebs

there's no such thing as a patrician movie