You know what pisses me off in America? Shaking hands. I can't stand it. It's just so stupid...

You know what pisses me off in America? Shaking hands. I can't stand it. It's just so stupid, and people do it waaaaay too often.

You're supposed to shake hands to seal a business deal, but these days everyone fucking shakes hands all the time.

>Just met someone? Shake his hand.
>Saying goodbye? Shake everyone's hand.
>Play a sporting match? Shake your competitor's hand.

No matter how polite I am everyone acts offended when I don't want to shake hands. I usually say "I kinda got a cold going on..." when someone extends his hand but this one guy didn't even care. He replied "I'll risk it." so I shook his hand.

I don't know why shaking hands bothers me so much. I guess it feels too personal. I like how the Japanese bow to each other. No physical contact that spreads germs, but a mutual sign of respect instead.

May I ask where you're from?

>tfw hands are either cold as fuck or sweaty

By Allah shaking hand with right hands means sword is put away, very peaceful gesture!

We are all medieval peoples at heart!

That's called being autistic, thank your northern european genes.

Its called being an oversensitive faggot.

What about "eye contact" ? Am I the only one that is confused as to why people make a big deal about that? It aint easy for me just to be staring at another human being like that, and does kind of seem rude in a way if you think about it. But no I get "look at me" all the time. I can't help not looking.

OP here. I also dislike extended eye contact. I feel like it's unnatural.

Animals consider eye contact to be an act of aggression, like if you stare at a dog or gorilla in the eyes. It conveys "Hey, I don't trust you enough to take my eyes off you for a split second. You could be a threat."

Yeah I have personal issues with anxiety and stuff so making eye contact for me is never easy. Sometimes I can kind of get away with not by if my head is turned so it's mostly my "left" eye that the person sees since I have optic nerve damage on it so it's "mostly" blind so it's like I'm not really looking at them anyway.

Everyone in this thread is autistic.
Literally autistic, I dont mean that as an insult.
All the things that you all are describing are signs of autism.

Then again, you're on Sup Forums by your own free will so you probably already knew that

fucking autist kill yourself

pol is confirmed for autistism though

fucking autist. Why don't you hang yourself, nobody will ever like you. You will have no true friends and never find true love. Your parents secretly wish you were never born. Please, do society a favor. Kill yourself

Wow Belgium is mad today. OP brought up a valid question about typical contact norms in this country.
Yeah this sort of thing is where it originated. Dunno where eye contact came from though. Maybe a similar case of making sure you aren't about to slice someone's head off.

Damn dude, you're autistic and beta as fuck

>I don't know why shaking hands bothers me so much.
You're autistic.

>No physical contact that spreads germs
Doubly autistic.

No, other people just feel entitled over the direction his eyes are pointed. It's not a very "land of the free" attitude to have.

Do you find comfort in returning patterns? Do you have friends?

Are you retarded?

>shake hands when meeting someone for the day
>shake hands when you come to an agreement
>shake hands when parting
That's too much for you?

fistbump only, sir

> faggot detected

Autism.

raid/slide thread sage

On one hand I hate people so I rarely get into a position where I have to be overly polite beyond please and thank you, like with a handshake and extended conversation. But when I do have to be social I try to dominate the room. Make sure everyone knows I'm there, makes it easier to get to know people and eventually start manipulating them. Got my first bank loan for $4000 and no collateral that way.

do you literally spend all your time meeting people, saying goodbye, and playing sports matches?

fucking autists

It's called freedom, you have a pass as a Euro for believing whatever bullshit you can come up with to say freedom is bad.

All the people calling me autistic never even try to answer the question I brought up just instead call me autistic. That's fine. No biggie

Thank you kind sir for the defense I was just honestly curious about this.

>tfw father is French, mother is Flemish

In Flanders we shake hands with a man and give a kiss to a woman.
In France we give one, two or three kisses to women AND men. I never know how many kisses. You can't imagine how awkward it is.

A simple handshake for both sexes would make things far les complicated

>autism, the post

I agree but I think it should be relegated to discretion. I'm an autist with an amplified sense of touch so I hate even touching other people because I can instantly tell if the fuck doesn't wash his hands enough.
With the PC culture I can just say I have autism and they understand usually.

I normally don't use this word because Sup Forums has killed it.

But:
AUTISM

>autism
You're a faggot who suffers from being an asocial retard. I used to be the same.

Handshakes dont seal deals, they signify trust. Eye contact ensures you're listening to the person.

eye contact is to gauge the other persons reaction to whatever you're saying, I used to be a faggot and look away all the time, but you really just have to go in with the intention of changing how the other person feels in a way and it helps to use eye contact to judge that

>being this much of a fucking sperglord

you can't trust someone that won't look you in the eye. also you and OP are beta autists

Stop using autistic for every social difficulty you autist.

what about ping-pong eye contact? don't know why but it triggers me to no end. Also, yes, my co- workers shake hands every goddamned day. Maybe once a week, on mondays, it would be fine. But every day? Whatever happened to a simple 'good morning' ?

you sound like you have anxiety issues man.

handshakes can be efficient. firm grip, two pumps. a nicety that detracts nothing from your life.

We got a twisted fucking psychopath here boys

I agree it's retarded and unnecessary.

Quit being a sperg and just shake their fucking hand.

Trump was 9n Howard Stern in the late 90s and mentioned he hated shaking hands because germs.

Thought it was weird but talk with those who study communicable diseases and they loathe the practice.

NEVER SHAKE HANDS WITH AN INDIAN, YOU WILL GET SICK GUARANTEED.

t. neckbeard slob who never washes his hands

Ignore all these fucking retards.
There is literally no reason you should have to shake everyone's hands and have constant direct eye contact like you're about to fucking kiss them or something.

If you make a big deal out of this, you're a cuck.

You've never heard of sweat swelling bacteria? That shit can enter and fuck your shit up through the pores in your skin.

Whats far more annoying is when dealing with bankers and they insist on shaking your hand but you can see them reaching for their fucking alcohol gels before you're even out the room, they don't even offer you any...

Like I get it, germs, its smart, I would do it to, but if you're gonna force yours upon me at least wait till I'm out of shot.

lol I get that sometimes, just wink at them and lick your lips, they will shut the fuck up

yeah i cant stand it. its worse when is a sweaty hug

Atleast you dont have clammy hands, every time I have to shake someones hands they must think im really fucking anxious.

Yeah I don't really hear negatives about my handshakes it's only the eye contact thing that annoys people for me. And considering I am actually anxious that's kind of surprising.

ITT literal aspies

I sometimes look at peoples foreheads or nose bridge, they cant tell and its easier in my opinion.
I dont think you have autism, its just a strange rule about being polite.

dumbass

the handshake's origin lies back in the past when knights and soldiers and warriors would extend their hand to another person as a sign that they will not draw their weapon or don't have a knife up their sleeve. Nothing to do with deals. It's a sign of goodwill, trustworthiness and general politeness and approachability.

Learn some history

>burger education

haha

I always point at an object or person when talking or explaining it. My brother gives me shit about it and says 'it's rude, stop'. I don't understand, how is it rude?

Anybody got that pic of a white person shaking hands with a black person, then the white person washes their hands

and/or people who took microbiology & immunology and know something about the risks of shaking a stranger's hand (which goes EVERYWHERE)

>Weak American "men" afraid of touching people

Because you don't need to point at things. Imagine pointing at a person and talking about them. One, it draws attention to said person. It (((objectifies)))) them, not in the SJW way, but in the referring to that person as an object way. Only children point, because they cannot articulate what they want or describe their world.

Ipso facto pointing is
>for the inarticulate
>childish
>objectifyingly rude

You have a weak immune system.
You were not meant to survive.

There is a difference between eye contact and staring. IE blinking

You usually look someone in the eyes when you greet them and then look at their face during a conversation

I don't stare into somebody's eyes if I'm thinking of a reply, it's not a big deal.

I'm also a gesticulator and a story teller type orator so I tend to wander around and make gestures and stuff.

I love shaking hands with people, feels good desu.

A fellow scotsman once wiped his hand on his suit jacket after shaking my hand, didn't even wait for me to look away
>a curse upon my clamy nervous hands

I have trouble with this too, usually I watch their lips and more often one shoulder or the other to avoid looking at a woman's chest and glance up into their eyes every so often and nod my head during that contact or give an affirmative noise. If I don't understand something my head tends to cock sideways and I make sure to make eye contact again, usually with a "how so?" to get the point across. Combined with turning my body forty five degrees away from them and letting my hands fidget with themselves it pretty much screams 'shy' or 'demure' and most people seem to like me. Once I get to know them my language completely changes and I'll square off against them, cross my arms high on my chest or lean against something with one arm and hook my other hand into my belt or rest on top of a canteen or knife handle or just do the faggy assertive hand on my hip.

In North Carolina we greet eachother by brandishing our handguns

Trump said it himself. We're very rough people

Bullshit, nc carry laws suck (for out of staters)