Y'know it's been a while since a good ol' fashion political cartoon thread

Y'know it's been a while since a good ol' fashion political cartoon thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cAR00lNZIf8?t=1h23m44s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Taft has some impressive penmanship.

Time for an Assay Ariginal.

Honoré Daumier is my french political cartoon idol

>not voting for based Taft and his delicious pie centered policies

Why do you hate freedom?

I vote not for the pies of the present, for that is an easy road.

Instead I vote for a strong America that will be able to raise up to greater heights, and bring pies into a new realm of deliciousness.

Join with me America, and we can make all pastries great again!

I feel like I saw this in Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark.

CAN'T SHAFT THE TAFT!

It represents King Louis-Phillipe taking the wealth of the French, and shitting out titles and appointments.

Where's the Skeleton Frat Party, I need it

Taft, tell you what.

I'll get you a place on the Supreme court. You won't have to make the pies anymore... but you will have the last say in judging their quality.

bump

You could make this one about Trump and the media so easily.

pretty relevant today too. its like history is cyclical or something

Hell, you could take a LOT of these and apply them to today. Shit never really changes.

>Taft was the original troll
That's fucking uncanny.

Jabba the Taft

Yeah, but fuck the Irish.

>meanwhile in THE FUTURE

jesus, that could be easily be a kelly strip

The Chinese bringing are bringing in drugs.

We have to build ANOTHER wall, and the Chinese will build it AGAIN.

I just imagine the president saying "open the blood gate" during a TV speech or somethin

>anime posters

Eh the Chinese are pretty polite....in a relative sense. They respect when you ban them from your country, they don't go all Jihad on you because you said an awful lot of them are going Jihad on us.
Of course 100 years later they get poised to just take your ass over.

FAT BILLY TAFT.
youtu.be/cAR00lNZIf8?t=1h23m44s

If you've never seen any Asay you're in for a treat user. I'm fairly certain he was a major inspiration to Kelly.

This was done by Windsor McCay I think.

That's fucking rad.

It's hilarious how the message is either so hamfisted it can be heard oinking, or its absolutely ambiguous.

Wouldn't that be some shit

perfect

I love how back in the day, political cartoonists could actually affect political change; Thomas Nast's cartoons were fairly instrumental in bringing about Boss Tweed's downfall.

>Imply that's Cuba

I only see 80% of the people in that comic smoking cigars. For shame Kelly

Man, fuck Europe.

>copyright 1920
>babby will be 20 years old in 1940
League of Nations wasn't wrong.

I'm guessing this is about the Franco Prussian war. A really important one that your average american knows nothing about. Absolutely crucial to France and Germany.

>make all pastries great again!
Taft is one bad motha...

People are still greedy, fearful, violent, and are very willing to oppress the fuck out of people who disagree with them.

I'm not even sure if it's original, but that's a good look for him.

it's hilarious how so many people predicted WWII

Kek.

that trump could easily pass for hillary.

There's a reason we try to keep these threads historical. If they become about contemporary politics that belongs on Sup Forums they just get deleted (although I do find it hilarious Sup Forums pushed Garrison over the edge to the point he's become one of them).

It was pretty obviously coming, not even in retrospect.

It's Milo Yiannopoulos

Dude send this to any death metal band now!

I think he found that to be VERY clear.
Like he finds the idea of gay couples adopting children in itself so repulsive that it needs no exaggeration.

that's not Trump, it's milo yiannopoulos

If you want to start a thread on historical political cartoons is that way

If you're gonna start one on Sup Forums and want to have any hope of actually keeping anyone's attention, I'd think you'd at least want to stick to political cartoons from the few decades.

Just live with the mistake, deleting the post is fucking pointless.

>No Mr. Cartoonist I could not tell that was Teddy Roosevelt, thank you for labeling him
Why do so many cartoonists feel the need to label EVERYTHING?

>I know how to make the people hate our enemies
>we'll caricature their leaders as badass motherfuckers

Well feel free to carry on, I'm just informing you that contemporary political cartoons tend to get posts or the entire thread deleted. You know there's no reasoning with Sup Forums's mods.

>MUH SUPERFINE

Post more Winsor please, I love that guy's cartoons

I kind of wish this was a Bioshock: Infinite enemy.

>filename
damn
war is hell

>Ograbme is embargo spelled backwards

I'd read a book about the Allied Mafia.
War might be a butterface but I'd still hit it.

That's very rude to call skeletors sister a butterface.

Okay, NOW the cartoon makes a little more sense, but why is it a god damn tortoise?

Yeah. Should have been an octopus.

Sorry user, this is the only one that I have.

...wait, was this cartoonist extolling the virtues of the "american standard of living", "comforts of the humblests home" and "luxuries" during the enactment of the New Deal?

So, right in the Great Depression, where people were lining up around blocks for food?

That's fucking rad. I'd hang a poster of that in my office.

Taft was a legitimately great president who's ignored because of a successful use of fat jokes to shove him out of office.

danke schön

He's not even fat by today's American standards!

It's like how retard Republicans today argue against raising the minimum wage, even though it's barely enough for a teenager to buy food for themselves.

Yeah, but at least part of that was because no one could frigging read. Nast's cartooning described to the illiterate what was going on in clear, unambiguous pictures.

Course the fact that it did take Tweed down is still a big deal, today he'd get a sweet severance package and a vacation while it blew over.

He is, but he's an average fat.
Like you see him and go "oh it's just a fat dude" instead back then when it was like "impossibly Obese, how do you live like that" fat

Almost everything they're saying is shit Democrats want now.

Weird how times change.

Well now a good percentage of them can have nothing.

He was a legitimately alright president.

He was a president who tried to be balanced and measured in his movements... but he was elected upon the wave of support of Theodore Roosevelt (really, if it wasn't for Roosevelt, Taft likely wouldn't have been motivated enough to run, much less win).

He made an excellent Supreme Court Justice after his presidency with those qualities... but during his time in office they hurt him.

He frustrated the progressives who helped sweep him into office by keeping the Roosevelt status quo (they expected the ball to keep rolling). He frustrated conservatives who wanted to roll back what Roosevelt had managed.

In the end he made few happy. The only reason he had any support during the election for his second term was because the opponents were all either highly liberal/progressive or actually communists. Conservatives put up with Taft because he was the only option left.

In short? Taft tried his best but as level headed as he was, he was the wrong man for the time and both sides disliked him as a result.

The parties basically did complete 180s during the 1960s.

Including Wilson.

"GUYS DON'T BREAK GERMANY THEY WILL HAVE NOTHING TO DO BUT HATE US."

"fuck you we're europe."

And yet at the same time they say exactly the same.