What is the Half-life 3 of Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W2rJiKh5Wx8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dan Slott leaving Spider-Man.

Sym Bionic Titan

The rest of ASBAR?

Cans Without Labels

there's so many good shows that need second seasons that never got any so i'll just list a few

>sym-biotic titan
>mission hill
>fred's head
>clone high
>panty and stocking (more of an Sup Forums product but it's made by westaboos)

and those are just the cartoons i can think of off the top of my head

Until a few months ago, I would've said the Samurai Jack movie. But now that it's being revived as a new show, I guess I'll go with Young Justice season 3.

>motor city
>that tron cartoon
>megas XLR

>tfw no season 2
>tfw simpsons still exists for some ungodly reason
>as well as spongebob

The Swat-Cats Reboot

Incredibles 2

Up until very recently: The Samurai Jack movie.

Teen Titans Go

HL2 came out 12 years ago

Metalocalypse

I think we're misreading the prompt. Half-Life is a series by Valve. Valve is

>Rolling in cash
>Full of developers who haven't worked on anything besides TF2 or DoTA in years
>Fully aware that HL3 is demanded by fans
>Too lazy to make it because DoTA and Steam are easy cash

Basically, whereas and are all shows that deserved second seasons but never got them despite the Creators trying their damnedest to prove to the execs that their shows were worth the money, Half-Life 3 is the execs - who are the creators - saying "Man, that sounds like a lot of work, and
we're really out of practice. Sure, we could do it, but we're already rich as hell and anything we put out would suck compared to what everyone is expecting. Why bother?"

I don't think there is a Sup Forums equivalent to Half-Life 3

To be fair to Valve, they claim that they've been working on Half-Life Three and they just don't feel it's good enough. They want it to be gamechanging in the same way the other two were.

Any kickstart project.

That's a really stupid mindset. The last time someone tried to develop a game with that mindset we got Duke Nukem forever.

Also, people are going to be having terribly unrealistic standards for the game, and it's going to cause a shitstorm when it comes out.
I don't blame them for sticking to their safe bets.

Half-Life 3: the comic.

This. Valve doesn't want Half Life 3 to be just another well received game. They want all of the Half Life games to be groundbreaking games.

We're never getting our feature-length YouTube Poop.
youtube.com/watch?v=W2rJiKh5Wx8

It was Captain America White and The Dark Knight Returns 3 but both of those came out last year so....

Seaguy 3

Second time I'm mentioning it today

Slott getting off the Spider-Man book.

Well to be fair, they were right.

Gearbox bought the unfinished sack of dicks that was DNF V7.3 or whatever and pushed it out to make a quick buck.

One word: FELL

Fuck Warren Ellis's computer.

Geoff Johns written Shazam monthly.

For me it's this ad Squee.

Wait, what happened with Warren Ellis's computer?

This. I would have said Samurai Jack just because unlike shows like Megas or SBT it actually felt like there was someone actively trying to get it through.

The Patakis

Supposedly had a hard drive crash and lost all of his notes for everything he was working on at the time. Kept saying he'd get back to the stuff that was in progress (like Fell) but it's been like a decade now and only one new issue has come out in that time.

That's how it is currently. But I think calling something "Half-Life 3" usually refers more to the period earlier when everyone was thinking it would happen, but just waiting on an announcement that never seemed to come. At this point it's basically confirmed that it's never happening.

Also not Sup Forums, but could you call Panty and Stocking S2 Sup Forums's half-life3?

These are all canceled.
According to legend, at least SOME people are working on HL3, a whopping total of 6 mother fuckers including Gabe himself presumably.

Mission Hill would have been better as live action. almost no reason for to be animated.

SHIELD, Part 2 maybe?

Orc Stain

That pretty much hit Ghostbusters III territory.
Apparentaly at some point during its history of development, JJ Abrams was hired to be a director and Ken Watanabe was tipped to play Samurai Jack.

This

Orc Stain

All Star Batman and Robin aka Dark Knight: The Boy Wonder.

Started in 2005 to 2008, so it's been like 8 years from it and from 2010 till last year we have news for its supposed "return"

Gainax never does a second season. Don't know why people expected they would for Panty and Stocking

Oh god you're right.

>clone high
don't remind me

What is Dark Souls of Sup Forums

Used to be Multiversity and Battling Boy but those came out, really most of the long awaited shit has came out.

It can't be Sym Bionic Titan, because it's been confirmed that it literally can't ever come back
Half Life 3 is in the works, but has not come out or had any news of it coming out for years

Shows that were canceled for reasons like that can't be Sup Forums's Half Life 3

Give me a show that has been confirmed to be a thing in the future, but has not come out for years

The Last Days of Coney Island

A kick in the dick by someone wearing a cosplay costume?

Invader ZIM

They had entire scripts recorded, for crying out loud!

That image triggers me way too much.
I love Dragon's Dogma and would play it any day, as opposed to Meme Souls.

The search for A Day With Spongebob Squarepants?

Comics are too poor to never let sequels out.

Samurai Jack. That show was cancelled for 12 years and then suddenly out of nowhere it's getting a conclusion series.

I guess your sortof right
I mean how long has it been since it was announced? A couple of months?

To this day, I am salty about Episode 3 never coming out because I'm CERTAIN episodic development stalled the Half-Life franchise right in the ass.

Maybe if they hadn't set it in the fucking Arctic it would have come out and FINISHED THE GODDAMNED ARC THEY WERE DOING and then they could have set HL3 in whatever funky location they wanted.

Instead they (probably) realized too fucking late that an Arctic biome would require an entirely new set of environmental assets and textures and making Arctic gameplay would require them to fiddle around with ice physics and concluding an arc about invaders from BEYOND TIME AND SPACE in four hours was probably not going to work out at all.

And now they're stuck.

They're working on it right now, more and more stuff has been leaked as of late.

They CAN'T make half life 3 anymore.
It is beyond hype and could never hold on to the nostalgia goggles enhanced expectations.

>They're working on it right now
Top. Men.

Came here to post this

Day/Night cycles, grappling hook, heightened npc management confirmed.

>Megas XLR
>GL:TAS
>Sym-Bionic Titan

Fuck Young Justice if it meant having one of those three back in respectful glory.

Haruhi S3 is Sup Forums's HL3
>everyone wants it
>won't be as groundbreaking like before because every vidya/anime have already done what they are planning to do
prove me wrong

would young justice be Sup Forums's half life 3 since teen titans go is cartoon networks dota

I vote this. Shows that got cancelled early don't count, Half Life is about something in production that is never coming out, not a canned game.

dark crystal 2

Since puppets are Sup Forums related

>There's still people that believe that HL3 will ever see the light of day
Man, just let go. Even if it were to come out, it would be as a fucking multiplayer game filled with hats and microtransactions, most of which Valve won't even bother to do themselves.
Gabe himself stated that doing singleplayer games at this day and age was a terrible idea, sand you morons STILL think anything good will come out of this obssesion.

> doing singleplayer games at this day and age was a terrible idea

And yet, Wolfenstein did well for itself despite only having a singleplayer mode.

>Gabe himself stated that doing singleplayer games at this day and age was a terrible idea
Gabe is an idiot who relies on cheap marketing strategies to get rich quick. Multiplayer games die, single player games never do. I still buy old games on gog.com but can't even bother with something remotely recent like Gotham City Imposters because it's fucking dead. I have a couple of MMO accounts that are just dead because the games went under and they shut down their servers (I will miss you City of Heroes). Don't get me started on fucking Brink.

How many people are still buying Portal vs. Team Fortress Classic? Even games like TF2 and Dota will eventually die whereas games like Half Life will continue to sell on some retro gamer website 20 years in the future at a discounted price.

western 2D animated movies

I agree, but is confirmed that is going to happen.

Don't you mean The Jungle movie?

R&M?

Halo Jones Episode 4

It used to be Mutliversity.
For about a decade the only thing we had was a concept and an uncolored page of the Question and Blue Beetle.

Valve is in the mindset that "we'd rather not solly the Half Life name." If they put out a game that's not a 10/10 masterpiece to dethrone Ocarina of Time and Super Mario Brothers 3, people will feel let down and it would be far worse than what you feel now.

Teen titans being on Toonami

Jubilee having a speaking role.

This.

I think the fact it was cartoony while having a 90's hipster aesthetic style works well and makes it charming

If we're going by that criteria, then Teen Titans fits it perfectly. They're rolling in cash, have the exact same voice actors as the old show, the old show's format is demanded by fans and they're fully aware of that, but they're too lazy to make it because TTG is easy cash.

John Rogers' D&D comic.

>That moment when HL3 comes out
>That moment when you realize it's Duke Nukem Forever: HL edition

MFW

What is the Metal Gear of Sup Forums?

Hotel Oblivion

Remender's Captain America, commonly referred to as Marvel Gear while it was coming out.

Galactic KND

Not Rucka's Punisher? Complete with Solid Frank?

Sponge bob

>Dragon's Flavor of the Month

Incredibles 2

>templesmith has the new script
>he will never end it

the correct answer is Venture Bros.

Convoluted, only for the "hardcore" but a real treat and widely praised

why make video games that'll take years if you can just make hat pixels that people would gladly buy countless times?
also torrenting a game exist

The Jungle Movie

- Thief and the Cobbler -

>took long enough
Half Life 3 will come eventually

>was only finished due to buyout
Let's face it, VALVE on their own would never attempt to release it

>everyone was disappointed
So will be everyone with HL3

>quest for excellence
Basically HL3 as of now

I tell you history is repeating once again

Oh fuck I forgot about this. I'm assuming this was canceled?