Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven

What did he mean by this?

He meant that it's better to be an edgelord than a cuck

Why would an android develop a god complex?

It would immediately recognize the futility

He'd rather watch everyone die as a result of his creation than be reduced to 'robot helper' status and not be able to create at all, even if it means most people would be better off.

Basically, David is trying to justify being evil.

Why do you say that? Genuinely curious.

more like father issues

>Why would an android develop a god complex?

BECOME AS GODS

Robots don't have souls

Because nihilism is a mortal human construct and David isn't bound by mortality or the human way of thinking

He doesn't even have a god complex he's just curious.

He watched Little Nicky on the prometheus and took it to heart

I never want to see this board complain about Aliens again.

People here say thats a dumb action? No THIS piece of shit was a dumb action movie. What the fuck did I just watch.

It's a pretty basic reference to paradise lost; Ridley thinks he's being deep putting in """themes"""

It means he has the mentality of a 12yo that posts on this shitty site...that or that Ridley is a hack.

He's satan.

Was David Reddit or Sup Forums?

not sure I understand the question chief. Do you want the explanation of the phrase or why the character would say it, because its a pretty easy to understand phrase if you arent a brainlet

i get it

God isn't real. Stop supporting films with religious themes, you autist.

/ourandroid/

vlad said that

How come he didn't know who wrote Ozymandias? I thought he was smart

this

Reddit, because he's a pseudo-intellectual that thinks he's so much smarter and better then everyone else. And he sees nothing wrong with acting like a complete dickwad.

give a hoot
read a poem!

why did they make vlad the villain?

the original quote in the poem is actually ironic because Satan who says it is too full of pride that he can't speak the truth.

First time i read this was playing deus ex

first time I heard it was in an Iron maiden song

Because he has the original sin. He is too human after all and thus flawed like them.

Walter shows him he is not perfect. He is human.

He was made to be the a surrogate son of a CEO with a god complex

If there were no god, it would be necessary to invent him.

Prometheus/Covenant is atheist as fuck tho.

Both in themes, cynic views of the world and sci-fi lore (what if god was an alien).

Wasn't he supposed to be the hero?

First post best post

rather be in charge of your own life even in the worst place imaginable than be a servant in a beautiful place.

Killary will defend this

>It's a t_Donald faggot false flags as Sup Forums because he thinks it's funny bringing politics into a discussion of a fucking movie and seeing everyone give him (you)'s episode

>implying Max isn't the main villain

It's from a Shakespeare novel.

Read a book.

>Excellent.

Just got back from watching this. While it is super progressive to have an old married gay couple nearly kiss and two younger men kiss on screen (though it was the same man and a robot), I was disappointment that there were no transqueer or otherkin representation anywhere to be seen. What is this, the 1950's? This hate and discrimination has got to end. I really expected better of Hollywood and Ridley Scott.

>mechanical man without a penis creates the ultimate rape monster
What did he mean by this?

Why does Ridley Scott keep getting work? He's such a fucking hack.

Because he's Ridley Scott. You're asking a very dumb question. Whether he's bad or not is irrelevant.

He's a Hammerfall fan.

you mean, what did Milton mean by that? Or, Lucifer?

honestly i loved the scene were he taught walter how to play the flute, held his hands, and gave him a kiss

Can someone explain the lore parts of Covenant so I don't have to go see it.

Milton was probably alluding to the shifting role of authority characteristic of the period after the English Civil War

/thread

Wise words indeed.

who isn't?

How do you know David doesn't have a dick?

At first I was fucking freaked out ridley fucked up so hard that he thought it was Byron. But yeah. very weird considering everyone should know it was Percy Shelley

Are you that stupid? These movies seem more like an insult to religion, specially christianity.

Sounds like anarchy versus a communist utopia