Is it entertaining?

So I'm seeing some mixed reviews on Alien: Covenant so far. I'm bored as fuck and I want to go out and see a movie tonight. Is this worth my 11 dollhairs? I just want to be entertained for a bit.

Other urls found in this thread:

movievo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There are 3 cool scenes around ~5 min each. So it is 15 minutes of kino and 105 min of boring ass dialogs.
No it's not worth it. Prometheus was far better - wathc it instead.

Prometheus was shit.

It's entertaining with some good scenes, a genuinely creepy performance from Fassbender, and really played the body horror angle well. But had some plot holes. Worth seeing, atleast as a matinee.

Definitely.

It's a solid horror film.

Has some flaws, but overall it's probably better than Aliens. Go see it, but don't expect literal perfection.

Yes.

>11 dollhairs
wtf? i paid $6.5 (texas) and when i was in San Diego i only paid $4 to see new films

you are getting jewed. i wouldnt see any film if i had to pay that

It's capeshit horror edition with a dash of biblical allusion

Yes, it's a good film.

>capeshit horror edition

You need to temporarily quit this board and go outside for a while.

It was possibly the lowest common denominator of horror -- constant over the top action

Alien > Alien: covenant > Alien 3 > Prometheus > Aliens > Alien resurrection

It is official.

Nah
Alien > Aliens > Prometheus > Alien: covenant > Alien 3 > Alien resurrection

It's the best Alien movie since the first two. It's great. Go see it now.

>Is this worth my 11 dollhairs?
Barely. Its not as good as prometheus, and thats saying something.
>There are 3 cool scenes around ~5 min each.
Pretty much this. Except "105 min of boring as dialogs" is not the problem here. The writing in general is very mediocre and quite literally every single plot-twist happens entirely due to 'professional' space ship crew not having any kind of protocols or precautions for first-contact situations with unknown biospheres (which is retarded on so many levels that its not even funny). Plus apparently only the androids are proficient in the arts of logical thinking and dont take idiotic actions ad nauseam.

That being said, i wasnt completely disappointed. I excpected not-entirely-shit sci-fi thriller with aliens and thats what i got.

The new xenomorph origin is dumb but the rest of the movie is betty bewd

Is it good enough to Shell out the extra couple bucks for IMAX or just see the regular version?

Scott is a fucking hack.

any mobile phone quality recordings of it up yet?

movievo co/movie/126889/alien-covenant.html

this

fuck you

I was entertained. It's a flawed film but refreshing not seeing some jackass in tights fly out of the sky. Fuck capeshit.

There were very few good things about it and no great things. And who decided to drag a bunch of religion, philosophy and some book quotes into Alien? Religion and philosophy can make for good movies, sure, but fuck me I don't want it in my Alien.

No.
You already know that though, you're just here to market the film.
Kys.

Only international anons and critics have seen it so far so just go and make your opinion.