Who`s your favorite superhero, Sup Forums, and why?

Who`s your favorite superhero, Sup Forums, and why?

Zatanna, I've always liked magic and her confidence in being overpowered yet still somehow being flawed is perfect.

Does Howard the Duck count? If not, then probably Hawkeye.

Foggy Nelson

I think the way that he stands up to injustice despite have no powers is such a noble and courageous thing to do. I think we can all take a page from Foggy's book

Spider-Girl

She has the good qualities that Spider-Man usually has, without all the unnecessary stupid baggage. Yes, even her clone was fun to watch. Plus, she ends up questioning a lot of the standard superhero routines, either flipping them around or showing why they were good ideas to begin with.

Right now, Badger.

If you're not full of shit about that, you should read Concrete. If you are, maybe Cassy Cain as Batgirl.

>If you're not full of shit about that, you should read Concrete.
Would this be it?

And yes, I'm being serious. Sure, a lot of Spider-Girl was cheesy, but it was still a fun ride. I did like her questioning a lot of the common superhero tropes, especially when she still needed to deal with the fallout afterwards. You can easily see how she ends up growing and changing throughout the series.

Batman, because I grew up on BTaS and followed by Spider-Man for the same reason.

Batman, he's just like me!

Superheroes are faggots

Especially Marvel ones

Atleast 2000 and beyond there mostly no bullshit lasers blasting everywhere or flying around or everything going nuts with space and time and reality.

Just Frank solving problems

The Flash, when written well, is always my favorite superhero. Jay, Barry, Bart, Wally, and Dani are all interesting and cool in their own ways and all have fantastic comics.

Yup. What you say you like is what it's known for. I'd recommend starting with the short stories.

I want to say Moon Knight but honestly Spider-Man will always be my favorite

Fuck everyone else.

Mah mutant

I will always love a super hero who is not perfect. someone who is not always the strongest or not always the fastest or not a perfect genius who can predict everything and never fails. I LOVE a hero is is flawed and who makes mistakes and even fails but who keeps trying despite all the reasons telling him "no" and to stop one who will push on ward and get up no matter how many times he fails a super hero who is truly human.

I can't answer this question. I just can't decide.

Wolvie
He's got attitude, he's short, he's Canadian, and a pretty rad dude.

Compassionate, flawed, and astoundingly intelligent

gotta love schizo egyptian batman

Batman. Always has a great character.

pic related is worth mentioning if only for its potential

Not entirely sure why. Probably due to such a diverse cast of supporting characters

I like his stories more then I like anyone elses honestly. I'm more invested in his going on then any other comic character.

He's a severely flawed and broken human being whose not above making selfish decisions, and being outright callus at times. He's probably the most rounded character Marvel has in all honesty.

gotta be my man Erik

but if i have to pick a ""hero"" then Dick Grayson

I've always liked Man-Thing. Man-Thing is my absolute favorite.

As far as teams go, I like the Agents of Atlas and Squadron Supreme. Dr. Spectrum is my nigga.

Baron Zemo too because fuck you he killed the Grandmaster.

Cloak & Dagger

i'm sorry

Spider-Man and Flash.
The two people I grew up idolizing not only because I think their powers are both the greatest, but because I grew really attached to their characters, Peter Parker's more so than Barry's.
I saw myself in them both at times, and their comic books helped me go through a really tough phase in my life. To this day I still feel like that, and I wish that if I ever have kids, they grow up having someone like that in their lives, something to help them strive to be better every day.

Any and all of the Spider-Men/Women

>Women
Even Spider-Gwen and Silk?
Even Miles Morales?

Even the Steel Spider?

Same here

The Punisher. Vengeance at its finest.

Wolverine is literally Hitler

he's the reason Nuke exists

he's a dickwad for what he did to Nuke

Foggy raped and killed a woman

This is the difference between western and Japanese heroes.

Western heroes typically, have some character flaw, vice, or crutch that gives them a weak spot. With good writing, it's not some gimmick like kryptonite.

Japanese heroes, at least lately, have been these perfect god-men in a sea of their useless peers. At best, they're a begrudging anti-hero, or they have some social problem to make them seem like a 'rogue loner', but it's rarely a character flaw.

Let's take a quintessential Anime protagonist like Spike from Cowboy Bebop - he's witty, fast, sharp, marksman, martial artist, pilot, con man, assassin, brawler and his only apparent hang-up is his old girlfriend. The only times he gets out-foxed is for comedic value. We often want to see an Anime character win just because we want their antagonists to lose.

Take, Tony Stark, as a contrast, who is brilliant, witty, charming, rich, but is also often written as an alcoholic, womanizer, arrogant to a fault, unlikable, fallible. Western characters, we want someone like Tony to win by overcoming their inner demons, and personal struggles - that usually culminates in a character arc that mirrors their physical struggle with his antagonists.

>con man, assassin, brawler and his only apparent hang-up is his old girlfriend. The only times he gets out-foxed is for comedic value. We often want to see an Anime character win just because we want their antagonists to lose.
Well said user

Your being sarcastic right?

Choice: Hawkeye master-race.

Why: He's one of us. No super-powers, suit of armor, genetic enhancement, nor a God. Instead, he's an embodiment (albeit a far-fetched one) of what humans are capable of achieving/perfecting via will.

Sure, he's got the whole peak human speed and strength thing going for him. And yeah, he possesses crazy aerial-acrobatic-agility. And he's a weapons master. And a top-tier fighter. In addition, a battle tactician and skilled pilot. Oh and also a marksman of infallible nature (even by super-power guidelines) etc....

Anyways, none of the aforementioned perks are that important in a character-universe filled with mutants, special powers, serums, members of the Germanic Pantheon, robots, and extra-terrestrials.In the end what really makes Hawkeye special is his will, leadership, inspiration, and choosing to fight for what's right. All this while being confined within the limits of being a mere human.

Batman because he's the coolest and most bad ass hero.

Is this true?

Gambit because my mother was born and raised in Louisiana and I hated that because she'd always make me spend the summer there and all I wanted was big-city life. Gambit was the only "Cajun" thing that was cool to me.

Not only that, but his name and his personality have nothing to do with his superhero power, as in, he's not "defined" by his ability to blow up objects, unlike "Bat-man" or other capes who are defined by their abilities or names.

Gwen is my most-favourite :^)

Fucking saved.

1) Young spiderman (peter parker)
2) Batman
3) The flash
4) Adult spiderman (peter parker)

in order

I get what you're saying about most anime characters being god-like beings who are pretty much Mary-Sues, but I think Spike is an example of that not being the case.

Because as you said, sometimes the Bebop crew wouldn't get the bounty. Hell, name a fucking bounty they DID get minus that one episode about Chessmaster (considering they only got the initial bounties to move the plot).

No but yeah, characters who are virtually perfect are a real turn off because you can't identify with them, but who the fuck can identify with Tony Stark? Even if you're an alcoholic, chances are you're not a genius billionaire playboy philanthropist.

Good taste.

No

When you look past the jokes, Wade's just a guy doing his damndest to be a good person despite having the entire universe try its best to make his life shit. I think that's admirable.

Holy shit I thought I was the only one. Too bad he is never coming back. Though with how Marvel is these days, maybe it's for the best...

Don't get me wrong I like Wolverine but he's not on Batman's level. When's the last time Logan single handedly took down the Avengers?

Wolverine has the upper hand on Batman in terms of pure savagery but that's it. Also his immortal healing powers are cheap as fuck.

Do these count?
>Heathrow Huston
>Hellboy
>Cerebus

Moon Knight.

Brilliant costume. Weird and interesting backstory. Based as fuck.

Except Spike's story in fact all the stories of those on the Bebop are about them running from their past then having to confront the fact it'll always catch up. Spike does get his ass kicked, he's wrong on some things. We want him to win and kick the bad guys ass and live because there's a legit chance he's not making it back and we've seen his journey and come to like him as a character.

He's not some perfect god-man in a sea of his useless peers. He constantly loses an almost dies and only gets the upper hand by sheer luck or other characters helping him.

Kirito is a much better example.

>Kirito is a much better example.

Kirito is basically the platonic concept of Marysuedom and honestly I have no idea how that series is so popular. You measure degrees of Mary Sue in fractions of Kirito.

All I want is a MC2 omni with nice paper
I think I have some digests still in my basement

well said user.

Any run you'd like to recommend ?

I've always been interested in Cloak' powers and with the announcement of their upcoming tv series, I'd like to start reading some of their adventures.

Sell me on what is so great about Moon Knight besides his look. All ive ever seen from him is pages that show off his costume

He's a mentally ill super-hero with multiple personalities, which may or may not be caused by the fact that he's a spirit of vengeance that is having his mind colonized by the Egyptian God of the Moon, Khonshu. Or he might be fucking nuts. Or both.

Are you prepared to go on Mr. Spector's Wild Ride?

Is x-force worth reading for this part? I just hate buying hardcovers and other than a few bits it is just kind of bland.

He always manages to make me laugh and I feel like I can relate to him, besides the genius part.

>Spike is a perfect hero

Did you watch the same show as the rest of us? Spike's lifestyle is incredibly destructive; the crew of the Bebop barely get by paycheck to paycheck, and it all stems from Spike basically being an adrenaline junkie to try and forget his past. He's flawed as shit in terms of personality.

What are the best series for some Moon Knight? Always liked the costume, never read him.

Jonah Hex isn't a Superhero, but he's my favorite comic book character. But I guess Bucky Barnes is. At least Brubaker's Bucky

The Marvel NOW run by Warren Ellis is a decent jumping on point. It's essentially an anthology series that boils him down to his most basic elements.

If you like the character, you can just read him from the beginning considering his original run only has like 32 issues.

>who is
>Luffy
>Emiya Shirou
>Gon Freecs
>Ed Elric
>Every gundam Main Character
>Kaneki Ken
>Guts

Main characters from the most popular franchises in Japan. They all have flaws that give them weak spots. They're not typically overpowered unlike DC superheroes.

No offense, but Japanese heroes/main characters are far better and come in a wide variety. Guts is an antihero but he's still one with a dark past and is an example of strong spirit moving forward.

Emiya Shirou shows you have to be literally mentally ill (or as the VN puts it: distorted) to want to save everyone. He does it because in his own distorted mind, it's the only way to be truly happy. He moves past that in one alternate plot by becoming more specific and selfish in preference of who he saves and in another he simply cares about the journey more than the destination as he sees intrinsic worth in being a superhero. That alone is above any hero Western comics has to offer.

>being this much of a fucking weeb

>That alone is above any hero Western comics has to offer.

lmao okay

Watchmen is shallow. SHALLOW

Superman, the one that started it all

>weebs calling anything shallow

LOVING
EVERY
LAUGH

>putting your plot in the margins
ok

if Moore was so great he'd have done a ten faction space opera by now

Manlets, when will they learn?

uncanny x-force is the series that got me into comics, and remender as a writer. It is a fantastic series and I would highly recommend it to everyone. Whilst there is some contention over some arcs in his run, the arc with kidpocalypse and the dark angel arc were superb.

Bump

Carol Danvers when she started being a fucked up pile of issues and then tried to rise above it before her character was largely thrown away for Marvel's more recent push of her as Captain.

I like characters with major emotional baggage who still try to work through it, and especially women who can easily take on more masculine roles without the need to point it out, like it's natural for them.

>who is
>Luffy
Shit character in a shit manga, One Piece was zombie mode from the start. Luffy's flaws... what are his flaws? That he's stupid and gullible? It's played for laughs and is never that important.
>Emiya Shirou
Japs don't like the Fate series for much more than waifus, and Shirou is barely a character. Take away Archer and he's shit.
>Gon Freecs
See Luffy
>Ed Elric
Pretty good pick desu
>Every gundam Main Character
Most of them are shit because most of them aren't in the UC. :^)
>Kaneki Ken
Nothing special for an MC in what boils down to a vampire fantasy. I know, they aren't vampires, but you know how it all goes.
>Guts
Edge, the character. I mean he works fine in his world but don't pretend he's a great and original idea.

The criticism of DC for having OP heroes has always been a poor one, especially when we look at your examples. Only Shirou has any sort of power deficiency in his world, the others are either up to par or relative monsters. Supes fights foes like Mongol, while Batman doesn't exclusively target gangsters and muggers.

Speaking of, you can basically find that Superman stories, including non-canon ones, have covered ground that Shirou's own multiple branches do and then some (at least in terms of character development) long before the Fate series even started. At least read up on what you criticize.

Black Bolt, his commitment to his Kingly duty. Putting what he feels is right for his people before himself, his family, and morality. This has him go between right and wrong without the need of being written out of character along. The unwritten rule about not having him talk or get internal dialogue is interesting when a writer can work around it.

Captain America
I just relate to him a lot, and agree to most of his stances when certain events happen. He also has some pretty damn good fighting scenes in his comics.

Some runner ups are Ghost Rider and Static. I don't follow any other heroes. Tried to get into some others, but always found something I disliked unlike these 3.

>Luffy
What? He doesn't have any flaws anymore that I know of, and I keep up with One Piece. His stupidity is more of a running joke then a flaw.
They got rid of his old flaw with the 2 year timeskip. His old flaw was that he was cocky. He got his whole crew wiped out because he tried fighting an admiral and a shichibukai at the same time.
Now him and his crew is so strong that it doesn't matter anymore.

>At least read up on what you criticize.

Is that an indirect way to say that superhero comics as a concept shouldn't be criticized because nobody has the time to read so many comics that the sample size they're basing their opinion on would be relevant?

The problem with One Piece is the fact that while Luffy does have a notable weakness, which is his inability to swim in sea water, Oda hardly ever puts Luffy in situations where that would matter. That's silly.

True. He did make Luffy deal with his water weakness a lot early on in the series. The Baratie, Arlong Park, and Alabasta come to mind.
It's like after Water 7 he just stopped using it. I'm guessing it was because it got old seeing people save him over and over again.

Dr. Strange. He's a fucking wizard and he goes to crazy cool places and deals with weird abstract shit.

As someone who owns every Spiderman comic to date I can say I love Spiderman, Peter is just so amazing and funny. Sure there PLENTY of badly written content but I love most of it. My favorite use to be Spawn back when I was a lad, by the time I turned 18 it was all Spiderman and Dr.Doom

Spider-Man, always and forever.

Pym, cause he tries to do good but usually ends up defeating himself. He's his own worst enemy.

Then Constantine, who is his worst enemy.

That's my trend.

Must be happy to have KSD away from her. Do you like the current run as much as the old stuff? I'm liking her solo and in Ultimate so far

saved

I've heard tales of how bad Kirito is as a protag. Care to elaborate on that?