youtube.com/watch?v=o64Fz-KW1Dk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=NzspsovNvII
docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2015/related/proposals/ab177
dhs.wisconsin.gov/publications/p4/p44578.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Potatoes? Seriously?

>Be me
>cashier in local all natural boutique grocery store
>all natural produce, home baked pies, local meats, etc.
>everything is expensive as fuck
>get people buying 4+pies, filet mignon, shrimp, cakes
>ask to pay with food stamps
>"sorry sir we don't take that here"
>If its ghetto trash or hasidic jews who would cause a problem if I told them no I call my manager over so they can deal with it

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

Potatoes are a little much. They are a viable cheap starch and are a great staple on a cheap diet. (ala rice)

But Ketchup and shellfish I can understand.

Potatoes are a good bulk food for little money.

Republicans in charge of helping the poor.

Why are all our politicians so stupid? Democrats want to enable welfare mamas. Republicans want to starve the poor who actually can't feed themselves due to disabilities or the economy. Why can't we have a sane safety net system?

because able-bodied people aren't embarrassed to be on welfare

>The legislation specifically bans poor people from buying any kind of shellfish, including lobster, shrimp, and crab. This particular ban, perhaps coincidentally, has a strong religious connection to it since the Biblical Book of Leviticus outlaws shellfish. So perhaps without meaning to, it appears conservative lawmakers are not only banning these foods for poor people, they are forcing only poor people to abide by an unconstitutional biblical law written thousands of years ago in a foreign land. That sure sounds like Sharia law to me.

Now that is something that really makes me think.

>No canned beans, except for green, wax or yellow beans.
WHY?!?! Just like potatoes they are good bulk food for little money. 12 cans of beans with hamburger and seasoning yields two days of chili. The first night you have just plain chili and the next night you have chili hot dogs.

>No jarred spaghetti sauce for poor folks, or soups, salsa,
I kind of get this.

>It also disallows nuts, trail mix, herbs and seasonings.
I get nuts and trail mix because they are on the expensive side. Although they are good protein. I don't like that herbs and seasonings are banned. They can make a plain meal like beans and rice into something great. Especially when you're eating them every day as a poor family.

>No ketchup
I'm okay with this. Ketchup is an abomination of all good things in the universe.

youtube.com/watch?v=o64Fz-KW1Dk

thread theme

(this song is actually p good 2bh)

>if we give you money you have to spend on what we say

Damn republicans dont understand how the free market works.

Nope

Superior version
m.youtube.com/watch?v=NzspsovNvII

>potatos
>great nutritional value
>cheap
>widely available
What, why?

because the only way people eat them is by loading them up with butter and cream

Read the actual pdf. Its basically saying you cant have the premade or good tasting things. If you want baked beans and have the government pay for, then the lazy niggers have to make it themselves. They can still buy white cereals like mini wheats and grape nuts so im guessing this list might not be all inclusive. Potatoes might fall in the laws somewhere else cause it doesnt make sense to not have it.

Did you stupid faggots actually read the contents of the bill?
>docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2015/related/proposals/ab177

Looks to me like the article got it wrong
>(b) 1. The department shall require that, of the benefits amount used by a
4recipient in a month to purchase food, not less than 67 percent is used to purchase
5only any of the following foods:
6 a. Authorized foods on the list published by the department under s. 253.06 (9).
7 b. Beef, pork, chicken, and fish, whether an authorized food on the list
8published under s. 253.06 (9) or not.
9 c. Fresh produce and white potatoes, including fresh, frozen, and canned,
10whether an authorized food on the list published under s. 253.06 (9) or not.

That is to say, at least 67% has to be spent on "beef, pork, chicken, fish... fresh produce and white potatoes, including fresh, frozen, and canned" etc.

>Banning poor people from buying shellfish, potatoes, ketchup
It's free fucking food, morons. Stop pitying the poor. You want to be the one paying for niggers and nigglet families across America to be feasting on steak while spending their drug money on lottery cards? Be my guest, leave everyone else out of it. You faggots disappoint me.

If you're too poor AND rely on hand-outs, you should be content living on bread and water of the rest of your life.

That's already generous enough.

Nobody has a fucking obligation to feed you, and nobody is going to EVER bother finding a job when the one core defining desire that urges us to action, hunger, is taken care of.

At least you even have a stamp system, here people just get handed cash to then spend on booze and cigs whilst their kids starve.

It really makes you think.

Brown rice okay; white rice bad.

Tortillas okay; hard taco shells bad.

Tell me again how white genocide is a myth?

They can still buy butter and cream though.

The list of “disallowed” foods, which you can view here, also includes the following:
dhs.wisconsin.gov/publications/p4/p44578.pdf

TL;DR
Wisconsin wants to ensure gibsmedats food money is spent on real food
Liberals throw a hissy fit about it

we really shouldn't be giving them anything

The overall concept is good and I want to laugh at leftists outraged the poor don't get free lobster, but the specific implementation seems pretty bad.

I have a better proposal: only allow food stamps to be used for vegetarian food. It would appeal to both conservatives (who don't want to waste money on expensive luxuries for welfare queens) and leftists who want to save the environment and/or protect animals.

DESU I don't mind my or others tax dollars buying most things other than candy or gum. No matter how I look at it that shit is just unnutritious sugar starches and a wasteful luxury.

Pretty much. These laws and drug testing should be mandatory for government handouts

I'm not sure about drug testing. That is basically just a corporate handout to drug testing companies that heavily lobby politicians and cost us much more than they save. Plus widespread drug testing should be unconstitutional.

Rice. You're not allowed to buy rice in bulk. What the fuck is this. Ban bullshit shilled consumerist oven crap with zero nutrition high sugar high price PUSH for bulk rice and veg. I dont understand the logic.

>Plus widespread drug testing should be unconstitutional
So should government handouts, genious

KEK, pork is banned.

OMG they can't buy potato chips!

Sharia law in the USA confirmed.

>corporate handout to drug testing companies
This is the 4th stupidest thing I read today. I just woke up though.

the handouts that cost tons of money and violate the 4th Amendment while accomplishing nothing are worse than the handouts that at least feed people, "genious"

WHITE rice is not allowed.
Brown rice is perfectly fine.

>Under this bill, DHS must require that not less than 67 percent of the SNAP
benefits used by a recipient in a month be used to purchase any of the following foods:
foods that are on the list of foods authorized for the federal special supplemental
nutrition program for women, infants, and children (WIC foods); beef; pork; chicken;
fish; fresh produce; and fresh, frozen, and canned white potatoes. In addition, DHS
must prohibit using SNAP benefits for the purchase of crab, lobster, shrimp, or any
other shellfish.

Try again, retard

When you live in somebody else's house and they are paying for you you have to live by their rules. Just ask your parents.
They aren't forced to do any of it. They can stop accepting free food and housing and live on their own.

there is nobody more bluepilled on Sup Forums than the people that mindlessly support anything Republican politicians support

>please take my rights away because you're also taking away rights from black people!

check the diet of a poor texmex mohito boy living in some drug cartel war zone south of your borders and they probably eat like fucking gods - amazing fresh food.

Check out your average Detroit leech. Those youtube songs you linked are sad because they are fact. Living off fucking McD's.

It's like they took classes on how to be poor.

wage cucks are jealous monsters
why else would they ban shellfish?

because they themselves cant enjoy selfish

lmaooooooooooo

in reality it makes no sense besides a inner hatred and a desire for welfare recipients to suffer

>implying there's a right to free shit without strings attached

Potatoes are SUPER cheap and effective food?

Why the fuck would you ban potatoes?

That's what I wouldnt MIND my tax dollars going towards. If someone wants a god damn potato and can't buy one, I'll chip in.

so can the government take away your 1st Amendment rights if it confers a benefit onto you?

>Just ask your parents.
I'm the big boy in my house.

San Francisco liberals want EBT to be ok for hot food items. So the homeless can use EBT to eat from restaurants.

>though really, it is the businesses wanting government money. since the homeless are already using their bathrooms. Why not sell them a $5 coffee and a $8 bagel?

Fuck these people, every time these fucking food stamp retards come to check out they hold up the line and they never use it for actual groceries. Its always some fatass.

potatoes are real food and cheap

i'd rather those poor fucks have to eat potatoes than expensive broccoli and shit might give them a reason to work

That'll teach those dirty micks.

Anyone who supports this bill is literally retarded and should kill themself immediately

I'm pretty sure the poor are still allowed to buy all of those products, just not with food stamps.

Fucking good.

Candy, cookies, chips, and soda, should be included too. When I worked as a cashier at a grocery store it made me sick how many people spent their food stamps on that kind of trash. Or expensive frozen meals like tv dinners. Essentially things that have no nutritional value.

Of course leftists will claim it takes away people's freedom or some bullshit. But people can buy those things with their own money, not my tax dollars.

Except welfare recipients should suffer for motivation, else they and their children can die off or self deport like during the 19th century when there was no massive welfare state

Why the fuck are they banning potatoes, beans, and frozen veggies? They should be banned from luxury items and anything with HFCS in it.

They can buy potatoes just not canned potatoes.

Eating shitty food is a good motivation to get off your ass and get a job.

I wouldn't complain if I were given staple food every day. At least I'm eating for free and I can save the money I would have spent.

>banning potatoes
>banning white rice
>banning ALL shellfish
>banning organic
>banning frozen vegetables
>banning nuts

absolutely retarded

Just abolish the whole program then, it would be a better solution than this full-retard shit

I don't get it. If that is true then you must have additional income from somewhere to get through the month. Where from though? Crime?

No reason why you should be able to buy any of those with foodstamps.

why not dried varieties in bulk?
that shit makes no sense

It has nothing to do with fucking religion it is just so flyover niggers on welfare spend money on cheap meat instead of expensive sea creatures that have to be frozen and shipped in

people stayed home with their family on a family farm in previous age

now they have to scavenger around to some jew ceos and beg and plead for a tiny wage like little wage cucks

and its all their fault for there not being enough jobs to go around with tighter and tighter requirements and more work for less pay

"just get a job bro"

Read closer, moron

I am the fucking cashier retard.

>lrn to grntxt

Oh this is WIC shit well that's totally different from chimp stamps. I fucking hated WIC shit when I worked grocery retail but thankfully I just had to deal with people bitching about the overly specific things it would allow.

>one cheese, 16oz
>bitch this cheese is 16+4oz free
>but it says 16oz
>I don't care go grab a 16oz fucking cheese, 16oz not fucking 20oz, read for fuck sake

Thankfully it was just customer service and then I was saved by the bastion of solitude that is the scanning dept.

Makes sense to me. If you want to eat other stuff, maybe make your own goddamn money and buy it.

>Lawl, wagecuck is mad the people who eat off of his paycheck are eating better then him

>people who cant feed themselves deserve to be alive

Nice memes, guys.

I fucking hate when i am held up in the checkout line because some hick or nigger is confused about what their gimmie dats cover.

DESU we should just end foodstamps and give people a flat check, if they spend it on booze or weed we should just let them fucking starve

Niggers get free or nearly free housing just by being niggers. Collect unemployment benefits or welfare checks if they have kids. They blow all the money they get from government assistance on smart phones or jewelry or other stupid shit, buy food with EBT.

Yes its a hand out. I agree that there shouldnt be handouts, but cant see this ending soon. To many examples of welfare queens popping out 5 kids then living in government housing and using my tax dollars for food to pay for drugs. Health care to. Back before Obamacare id see blacks roll up to Walgreens in a Cadillac escalade with gold hoops and bitch that the copay is up to 10 dollars from 5. I rather have my money go to actual workers and get into a system that might end up contributing to society, then some fucking garbage that i know wont. Let them die

*with food stamps

literally anyone with a job can afford food in america, yet the "poor" people would rather use food stamps and buy xbox and games instead

S T R A W M A N

>Here's your free $500 monthly check for you and your family to eat
>t. the working half of society
>PS: I ain't paying for gourmet steak and shelfish

and somehow ^PS^ equates to taking away 1st Amendment rights? I'm curious as to your reasoning on this one. Do tell, Paco.

I dunno, did you "stupid faggot"?

your personal income tax pays for maybe 2 shellfish dinners worth of foodstamps

also, being that theres a strict limit of food stamps per person, wasting your food stamps on shellfish dinners would end up in being out of foodstamps in 3 days and have to wait another 27 or more

so if they want to be stupid with their food stamps let them be stupid

in reality the soda and shit shouldnt even be IN THE GROCERY STORE FOR ANYBODY

whenever I get held up it's because some landwhale is buying 20 bottles of shampoo and a coupon that would save $0.15 doesn't go through, so the line is held up for 15 minutes

Food stamps is literally 1% of the budget, I don't understand their fixation on marginalizing the impoverished even more, do they want a spread of Marxism?

Wisconsin banning food,

first unions now your potatoes

I hope they riot.

>You want to be the one paying for niggers and nigglet families across America to be feasting on steak

Steak IS beef though.

You can eat a $0.60 can of Pork and Beans for lunch and another for dinner. This is excessive.

And no ketchup? This won't pass.

Give mandatory jobs or other useful things do not simply spite the poor, this is what Bolsheviks did to garner support.

Might be because its a monthly evaluated fund with the hope that the people get off of welfare. Not going to let them stock up then come off.

Also checked

This is incredibly asinine

What is the point of this, other than for the haves to feel better about the have nots suffering?

thats hilarious. honestly, i blame cheese for that one.

How is that even remotely similar you dumb nigger? You sound like you don't even understand how American rights work.

they're using other people's money, so there should be restrictions on the use of that money to assure that they don't spend it on garbage.

pics or didn't happen

I'm talking about drug testing. The government can absolutely limit what you spend government food stamps on. I'm just saying that the "strings attached" should not be that you have to give up a right guaranteed by the Constitution.

Point is that drug testing doesn't really accomplish anything because those people still end up leeching off the system, except now you have a new leech in the form of the drug testing lobby. And also they're pushing drug testing for basically every job imaginable, which wouldn't even be allowed if it weren't for Reagan and the Just Say No bullshit.

Corporations use other people's money, banks use other people's money, the government uses other people's money, yet there are no restrictions on them, because they have power.

Fuck the gop. Bunch of degenerates.

How dumb are you people? Read the fucking bill. I'm pretty sure, based on the 60 seconds it took me to scan and use Ctrl+f, that the bill actually put a quota on the percentage of food that must include potatoes, among other quality foods, namely proteins.
IE the article got it fucking wrong.

READ THE BILL, MORONS. I don't know how else to say it

This. If they don't like it they should make their own money then they can spend it however they want.

First ammendment right only costs a buck o' five. Not
>600 gorillion dollars goy. Got to fund those vot- programs

so dont give it to them then

thats not a kind act

thats like handing someone a 100$ bill and then spitting in their face

protest government not people

When I typed "you" it wasn't meant for you as a person dumbass but for the welfare recipient.

See how this dude got it

>so dont give it to them then
Oh sure we'll just stop paying taxes. And somehow not go to jail.

What is your hatred towards the poor?
The social programs that benefit the poor are a very small minority of the taxes collected.

>BANNING POOR PEOPLE

It's fucking foodstamps. Why are people so picky with their free shit?

Cranberry sauce and pie filling. (Poor people can forget about making dessert for Thanksgiving dinner.)
Creamed vegetables
Baked beans
Pickles
Pork and beans
Frozen veggies that come in packages featuring pasta, nuts, rice, cheese, or meats
French fries and hash browns
Sharp cheddar cheese, Swiss, and fresh mozzarella, shredded and sliced cheeses (except American cheese of course), cheese food, spreads, and products. Even Kosher cheese is banned unless you apply to get a specific check for it which basically could identify who the poor Jewish people are.
Canned peas and green beans
Albacore tuna, red salmon, and fish fillets
Bagels, pita bread, English muffins
White rice and wild rice
Taco shells
Almond, rice, goat, and soy milk.
Brown eggs and any eggs produced by cage-free or free range chickens, which basically helps corporate chicken farms
Several kinds of infant food
Anything in bulk
Anything organic or natural

THIS IS FULL RETARD.

BAN THEM FROM BUYING HIGH CALORIE FOODS YOU FUCKING MORONS

Bulk goods are too easy to sell.
Example pinto beans in 1 lb bag for $1
Could get the 5 lb bag for $4.
Could sell the bag for $3 cash.
Now I can buy drugs

So why are there so many homeless niggers?

If there was 0% of any welfare or any social program for the poor your taxes would be identical.