Giant-Size Memorial Storytime

Today would have marked Andre the Giant's 70th year in this amazing world of ours, so in loving memory of the Eighth Wonder Of the World, grab your favorite libation and let's read about his life and legend.

Happy birthday, Boss.

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/gbrettwilliams/from-parts-unknown/description
drunkard.com/10_06_andre_giant/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Im still here

Bump it with hhh

pls come back professor zum

He's not been gone that long, calm down lass

Waiting eagerly

Haven't watched WWE since Mania, anything of note happen?

Sorry for the delay. I'm having some serious connectivity issues apparently.

Poor lad

Keep posting Op, am enjoying this. Didn't even know this existed!

Something about connection issues. We'll just have to wait and bump if the thread goes into the red.

As always, buy it if you like it and support the industry.

I only just finally ordered a copy of this one today and it looks like its starting to go for higher prices already, even though it seems like it just came out. I got mine for $10.99 on Books-A-Million's website, which is the cheapest I found it for after factoring in shipping.

Post best Andre's while OP gets his shit together.
Thread must live.

And for those who hadn't heard yet, this comic is apparently going to be adapted into a biopic film.

De la part d'André, merci Poster Original.

le catch

Bump

>Le bump
ftfy

I wish WWE would get their act together and finally release a DVD compilation of Andre's greatest matches, like they've done for all their other big names.

While we're on the subject of wrestling comics, have you guys seen this?:

>kickstarter.com/projects/gbrettwilliams/from-parts-unknown/description

Stopped watching wrestling when i was 11 and got too old OP. How fully grown men watch it is beyond me.
I do like Andre though, seems an interesting guy so am reading.
But seriously, fuck wrestling.

how big is his dick? I bet it was yuge

And I just finished watching the Princess Bride.

Deeply goncerned where this is heading.

Andre was a notorious alcoholic, partially owing to the fact that his immense stature meant that his excessive consumption would've killed a normal man.

drunkard.com/10_06_andre_giant/

There's not just one but two Andre comics. This one has his family's hand on it, the other is a bit more of a wrestling history one and doesn't play quite as nice with his shittier parts of life but still is very humanizing.

More pls

Alright, let's try this again...

I love Box Brown's Life & Legend comic. Maybe someone else would care to storytime that one as I'm having far too many issues with just this one.

the path made him Hulk Hogan?

Pls finish it

Thanks Zum but I find Life and Legend to be a better representation of Andre as a man. Closer to Heaven doesn't talk about the negative aspects of Andre as much which is a bad way to go about a bio comic. Also Box Brown didn't get offered a movie deal while Closer to Heaven did. It's just a huge bummer. Thank you though Zum!

Sorry again for the delay. The missus was helping me along in posting while we watched The Princess Bride with the kids.

That's okay boss. I for one am enjoying the story. Please continue!

I forget if it's mentioned in this one, but "Life & Legend" states that the fight with Wepner inspired the Rocky vs Thunderlips fight in Rocky III,

I feel like this is something I could never read on Sup Forums, but that I've been enriched inquantifiably for having done so. Enjoying the story Zum.

are you leaving us hanging? How many pages in total, by the way?

here we go...

Ah, the feels of this book.
So bittersweet.

Well that's sad.

You're most welcome, user. I just wish my damn internet would cooperate. Like Dan said in , Box Brown's "Andre The Giant: Life & Legend" is fantastic and I highly recommend it. This is honestly just the shorter of the two, so I thought it'd be easier to storytime in full with my connection issues going on today. Perhaps I'll attempt to undertake a storytime of that one at a later date if no one else beats me to it.

No worries. Issues or not, I'm sticking with you guys through all 99 pages of this thing.

I just hope you guys can bear with me as I battle the forces of internet inadequacy.