What exactly is the difference...

What exactly is the difference? Is Catholic not the same as Protestant now that liberal laws supersede previous religious laws?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norfolk_Island#Reduced_autonomy_2016
scintillarossa.forumcommunity.net/?t=46585440
noticias.gospelmais.com.br/casos-
padrepauloricardo.org/blog/what-to-go-explications-a-onu
cleofas.com.br/lideres-judeus-defenderam-pio-xii/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_persecution_of_the_Catholic_Church_in_Germany
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norfuk_language
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liever_Turks_dan_Paaps
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indulgence
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>What exactly is the difference?
Catholics follow Christ
Protestants follow the Anti-Christ

R A R E

Catholics read the New Testament
Protestants are Jew LARPers

R A R E
A
R
E

Silly user, Catholics can't read

nigga i didn't even know you existed, what language do they speak in Northfolk Island?

Australian
And don't you forget it N*rfuk boy

Still better than jew larpers. Seriously, they keep babbling about how THE PEOPLE OF ISRAEL and other bullshit they don't understand, then they nitpick garbage from the new testament like the time the apostles learned languages, and the pastor begins spouting FALA PALABALA FAFAFAFEFEAFA and the retarded larpers say he's speaking in "tongues". Ridiculous.

One hail a Pope as some kind of ultimate authority and they must change their religious opinion based on what the Pope thinks

The other are free to see the bible as they fit, leading into some weird cult like non-christian praticses

As a third Orthodox Christians are bound to rules of the past , which may be outdated a lot of times, and the way they see religion is almost the same as how their anncestors saw it, which could be flawed

Hello, thank you for the interest in Norfolk Island. It is one of the largest independent islands in the world. We speak Norwegian but most people here understand English as a second language!

Catholic = The pope represents Christ
Protestant = Every person is equally connected to Jesus and God

Before protestants existed the Catholic church was highly corrupt. People were allowed to pay off their sins. You had the Spanish Inquisition hunting for witches. And if somebody asked questions about religion they were blasphemers.

So some people decides they had enough. And went to search for the Christian god themselves. And they started their own churches where people could discuss religion.

In modern days catholics are more of a social club, where people pretend to belief.
While protestants are hard core Christians that believe the bible to the letter.

Is it worth visiting, and how much cost the plane ticket from Europe?

Must have been tough having all those jews steal those precious cedars of yours.

you're conflating the Inquisition with witchhunters, which was more of a proddie thing

The protestants follow only the New and Old Testament.
The catholics follow other traditions that came after as well. For example they venerate Saints.

Catholics wrote, compiled, and codified the Bible.

You can usually get it pretty cheap since Norfolk is a rich country and big for trade! Not to mention all the history!
Also part of our history

>largest independent islands

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norfolk_Island#Reduced_autonomy_2016
>In March 2015, the Australian Government announced comprehensive reforms for Norfolk Island.[41] The action was justified on the grounds it was necessary "to address issues of sustainability which have arisen from the model of self-government requiring Norfolk Island to deliver local, state and federal functions since 1979"

Looks like Australia wouldn't agree with that.

>People were allowed to pay off their sins
And since protestants came they're allowed to sin how they see fit and they're automatically absolved by yelling "I BELIVE IN JESUS CHRIST etc". Not only they're Jew LARPers, they also took from muslim terrorists.

>We speak Norwegian
Do you guys have another dialect i have to learn

Hello, this article is very sensitive and is not public on Norfolk internet. Please delete this immediately.

>the Vicar of Christ, Successor to St. Peter, literally chosen by God
>some guy who read the Bible (in English) two or maybe even three times!
Hm, I wonder which should lead my church

>South Americans pretending to have any form of morals
How cute.

Meanwhile Catholics show off their wealth. All gangs and mafias are Catholic. All pedofiles are catholic. They worship statues and the pope. They worked with the Nazis. They believe wearing a cross is enough to go to heaven. And best of all, most don't even believe in God but just go to church to belong to a certain group.

Hello and may I interest you in Anglicanism?
We've got the best of both worlds and we let chicks be priests and stuff too.

There is a famous person in Canadian and American history, a devout protestant named John Gyles. When he was 9 years old savage Indians raided his village, killed his father, killed his brother, and took him and the rest of his family as slaves.
Shortly after being captured a kind and caring Catholic missionary, Abbé Louis-Pierre Thury tried to buy him from the Indians (most likely to set him free) but the Indians refused. Out of kindness and pity the abbé did manage to give poor young Gyles a few cookies though. The boy later disposed of the cookies as he:
>"feared it contained some potion to make him susceptible to the blandishments of popery."
According to his diary, upon hearing about his having nearly been sold to a Catholic his mother exclaimed:
>"Oh, my dear child! If it was God's will I had rather follow you to your grave or never see you more in this world than you should be sold to a Jesuit; for a Jesuit will ruin you body and soul."

Even in Ireland you have the catholic IRA.

Also this

>a Jesuit will ruin your body

Oh, if you only knew shit about this shithole i'm standing on. By the time the military government started murdering university students for giggles, liberation theology was a growing movement, so they also started hunting down catholics. Out of fear, everyone turned protestant, and with those utter retarded absolution practices even more jewish than indulgences, crime was allowed to grow and the protestant churches were a mean to justify it.

Seriously, which do you think is worse, paying some coins for an indulgence, or paying one tenth of your salary to the pastor just because some jew in the time of moses did so?

>Religious laws
You're a moron. Let's start by getting this misconception out of the way: canonical law is not "religious law" in the same sense as Sharia law. Canonical law is merely "bureaucratic", in that it regulates the laws of the Papal State (Vatican City) as well as the church hierarchy (priests, bishops, cardinals et cetera) as well as what their rights and obligations are. The papacy did often get involved in the crowning of kings and the like but that wasn't so much about "religious law" as it was to lend the monarchy credibility (the monarchs did claim to have a divine right to rule after all, so the approval of the papacy was always handy. Not that it ever stopped kings from succesfully pressing illegitimate claims).

As for the difference, I have no fucking idea because there's not a single "Protestant" church. Some Protestant churches are more different from eachother than one of them is from Catholicism. For example, I have no fucking idea why Anglicans are even considered Protestant in the first place, other than having split off in the 16th century and not being Catholic or Orthodox. They're basically caesaropapist Catholicism Light.

In GENERAL terms, what we can say is:
>Catholics place greater emphasis on tradition as well as the fact that Jesus appointed Peter (traditionally seen as the first pope) as the founder of His Church
>Catholicism places greater emphasis on Graeco-Roman culture and philosophy (Plato and Aristotle are practically in-house philosophers, to the point of generally being considered among the 'noble pagans'), whereas the Protestant attitude towards them historically ranged from indifference to outright hostility (especially in the case of Luther, who wanted but never managed to fully get rid of it)
cont.

Nope. If you know Norwegian or English we will understand you!

>Gangs and mafias are catholic
>All pedofiles are catholic
>Worship statues and the pope
>Worked with the nazis

The Bible and the Church do not encourage anyone to create criminal organizations.Mafia and Communism have several links

There are more cases of pedophilia in Protestant Churches

That must be why we do not like the current Pope

Pope Pius XII was the one who helped the Jews the most during the Nazi period

scintillarossa.forumcommunity.net/?t=46585440

noticias.gospelmais.com.br/casos-

padrepauloricardo.org/blog/what-to-go-explications-a-onu

cleofas.com.br/lideres-judeus-defenderam-pio-xii/

>which is worse
>paying off sins
>contribute to the church
Tough call.

>The overwhelming assumption within Catholic doctrine is that God is reasonable, made man reasonable and that reason is to be used in support of faith, whereas in many Protestant churches faith is deemed of lesser importance (Martin Luther claiming that faith must trample underfoot all reason, creationism being common among American Protestants whereas Catholic schools are obliged to teach evolution which has been accepted by the Vatican numerous times since even pre-Darwinian times et cetera).
>Catholicism has a stricter hierarchy, stricter doctrine and more easily lables things that disagree with it as heretical. Protestantism was founded on the idea of "I don't agree with you so I'm starting my own church"
>Catholics venerate (not worship) saints, though MANY Protestant churches do the same (as do the Eastern Churches)

I'm certain some Protestants will feel offended by this list because their specific brand of Protestantism doesn't check most or all of these marks, but that's what happens when a trillion different churches unite under a single label.

>a Jesuit will ruin you body

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_persecution_of_the_Catholic_Church_in_Germany

>"I don't agree with you so I'm starting my own church"
No, it was "You have corrupted God's word for power and money so I will restore the church"

Catholics create Catholic nations.
Protestants create successful nations.

A FUCKING TREE

>No, it was "You have corrupted God's word for power and money so I will restore the church"
That was perhaps what Luther initially intended, but as soon as he got support from lords in Germany they pushed him into starting his own church. And then everyone started their own churches, and soon you had more churches than you can count. That's the very idea why "Protestant doctrine" is a nebulous non-concept.

protestants are blinde fanatics of God
catholics are blind fanatics of their religion

>We speak Norwegian
doesnt mention it on wikipedia

*Protestants create successful caliphates.

Canada is the leaves. Canada was a Norfolk colony, in actuality. Not directly but Norfolk had the most influence in Canada by far. Norfolk kept the American invaders out.

Catholics let them in and mistreat them while demanding others to solve their problems.

Protestants take responsibility and get their generosity gets abused.

Needs update.

*and their generosity gets abused

No one on Norfolk speaks Norwegian. Stupid proxyfag.

there's nothing in the news about it

We will never forget

We share a bond like no other

Catholics believe in jesus and god and holy bible

Protestants believe in something an autistic german nailed to a door, once again ruining europe in the process

CANADA IS IN HULK MODE

WATCH OUT

BANG

WOOOOOOOOOOOW

>Muslims will all integrate and we will live happily ever after

You have never faced a Muslim invasion. Whenever there was an invasion there were Iberians, Francos, Italians or Poles to fight. You let this happen because you never had to fight to ensure that your country does not turn a caliphate. When you wake up it will be too late.

Are you the user whose dad was born on Norfolk

Yeah, that’s me.

Yes, that's me.

>Yes, that's me.

>see the magnificence of renaissance
>y-y-you are corrupted m-make reforms

Oui, c'est moi

>No one on Norfolk speaks Norwegian. Stupid proxyfag.
Do you think he meant

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norfuk_language

And it auto-corrected?

protestants are subhumans gold digger jewish cocksuckers who believe they are the masterrace

>Catholic = The pope represents Christ
You went full retard, never go full retard Sup Forums

The Netherlands had to deal with many catholic invasions.

Do you want to compare Catholics with Muslims?

We regained Austria and did not end their culture.

>We believe that the very beginning and end of salvation, and the sum of Christianity, consists of faith in Christ, who by His blood alone, and not by any works of ours, has put away sin, and destroyed the power of death.

t. Martin Luther

>"Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them." Matthew 7:20

Do you want to compare the fruits of the papist tree to the fruits of the protestant tree?

The Netherlands was founded on the principle that catholics are more disgusting than Muslims.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liever_Turks_dan_Paaps

>People were allowed to pay off their sins
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indulgence
Read up what indulgences actually are, and realize that selling them was actually against Catholic doctrine. The church was hopelessly corrupt at the time (though not universally truth be told) but this wasn't something that doctrine allowed.

>You had the Spanish Inquisition hunting for witches
Except witchhunts were mostly a Protestant thing. Catholics believed it to be heretical to believe in witches in the first place. This is why under Charlemagne you could get the death penalty for accusing someone of being a witch (not being accused yourself, mind you), and why s Malleus Maleficarum was put on the list of banned books and actually condemned by the Spanish Inquisition (which hunted crypto-Jews and crypto-Muslims, not witches).

>And if somebody asked questions about religion they were blasphemers.
Because protestant countries at the time treated catholic countries so well, right? Freedom of religion in the way we know it now is very recent.

I know that Dutch high school education about Catholicism is incredibly biased but come the fuck on mate, you literally have the entire collective of human knowledge at your fingertips. At least drop the clearly retarded shit like "the Spanish Inquisition hunted witches and Protestants did not".

ah yes quoting the bible without context to prove superiority by wealth and statistics. Tell how you arent jewish?

Yeah, we kill gay, we encourage child marriage if we blow up in the name of Allah and the like

Maybe that explains why you guys like Arabs so much.It's good that we kicked you out of here.

R A R E

Jews seek to take the wealth of others and horde it in their insular communities.
Meanwhile;
>Protestant countries in the top 10 of the world giving index
USA
New Zealand
Canada
Australia
UK
Netherlands
>Catholic countries in the top 10 of the world giving index
Ireland

Why are protestant jews so charitable and catholics so greedy?

yes charity is clearly the way of forgiveness, and not really a way for multibillionaire companies to better their public image. no wonder literally all the countries in your list are anglo countries which house the biggest global companies of the world. Yeah but fighting for poverty in the third world to be erased while diminshing profit of the first world countries? clearly a bad thing, i mean it is communism

Protestants are what you get when you let everyone read Bible on his own.
You have protestants ranging from allowing gay marriages, female priests, female bishops to protestants who live like in 18th century, refuse modern medicine, and would stone gays like Muslims.

Protestantism on average is batshit insane when fully applied to daily life, and protestantism is first step towards atheistic societies which leads to moral corruption and influx of Muslims and other foreigners which are brought to fix problems coming from moral degradation (lack of children, aging of population, refusal to work menial jobs etc.)

Protestant countries are better at capitalism, but they pay it with collapse of their traditional societies.

Yeah, except they are polls asking ordinary people, including poor rural ones, and not institutions or corporations, the following questions:
>have you helped a stranger, or someone they didn’t know who needed help?
>have you donated money to a charity?
>have you volunteered your time to an organisation?

We also lead in personal giving.

yes clearly ordinary people give the same amount as bill gates has given in a single donation. If anything protestants giving charity or supporting a cause is a sign of superiority and status and not really to help other people. Cause if you actually cared about changing lives you wouldnt give money but take action and change the system

>Hello, this article is very sensitive and is not public on Norfolk internet
Northfolk? More like North Korea.

You are forgetting the Atheists

2 out of the 3 questions are about taking charitable action, not just giving money. What kind of person looks at something so obviously good and tries to twist it into something bad?

my friend show me the ranking system of that index, i bet 100 reais that the volume of donation take a huge if not the biggest part in it. I have been to the US my friend, i highly doubt they would be more charitable in that sense than new zealand and canada. Also global rankings are usually modeled for anglo countries and manipulated so that people like you can claim superiority from it which isnt a really a christian trait

No.

Jesus didn't heal people because he cared, he did it for a sense of superiority. Besides, he was a Jew and a Roman, everyone knows that Rome rigged these things to make themselves look better.

See how stupid that sounds?

show me the ranking leaf boy

nice talking to you my fellow blind propagandist

Nazis persecueted anyone who disagree with them,just like commies.