48 hours left

48 hours left.

Other urls found in this thread:

polygon.com/2017/2/9/14548880/time-warner-lawsuit-new-york-league-of-legends-netflix
youtube.com/watch?v=ExLRIuyEdI4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN

FOR GODS SAKE

PLEAAAAASEEEEEEEEEEE

MY IDOL

>Sup Forums goes from American website to being completely inaccessible for Americans
It’s like those medieval Italians who, after the Roman Empire collapsed, built their shitty villages inside the ruins of the colosseum for protection.

>le 56 % face

I WILL NEVER INSULT INDIANS AGAIN IF THAT HAPPENS

PLEASE FOR GODS SAKE

Why does everyone assume that the internet providers will go for the absolute heaviest restrictions?

h-haha I don't need a free and open internet anyways! based ISPs!

Nah, your ISP just requires you to buy the degenerate package ($5.99 / month).

POO IN OPTICAL FIBRELOO

Because ISPs are notoriously shitty and pulled this shit even while it was illegal.

If the companies didn't do these things before the Obama policy, why the fuck would they do it now?

Get ready for VPN shitposting from Americans, unless the FCC bans those as well like the UAE

Don't know about the US, but cable basically kept getting more expensive, companies aren't just going to sit down and do nothing after its repealed

That’s usually what happens when you remove the barriers that prevent them from doing it.

Although they might move gradually so as not to blow their cover.

Sup Forums will not be affected by change because it doesn't hog that much data , netflix,youtube twitch could be affected severely

Only NEETs will object to this

they did tho

Any evidence of this? Or are you pulling it out of your anus?

But that's Comcast. They've always been terrible.

The 2015 ruling didn't come out of nowhere, it came after many cases of ISPs trying to play favorites.

Let me reverse your question, if ISPs won't change anything after NN is repealed, why lobby so hard to repeal it in the first place?

>But that's Comcast. They've always been terrible.
not the point here.

We don't have Net Neutrality and sites are being blocked and my ISP would block every voice chat because they want us to pay to talk to people :^)

>Sup Forums might get discriminated against

>We might all be free

I-is this a good thing is disguise?

EVEN BETTER

Seriously, THANK YOU based Indian for cutting of the internet connection to all normies. Best event in American history.

>if ISPs won't change anything after NN is repealed, why lobby so hard to repeal it in the first place?
It's restrictive to them.

I honestly don't know anything about it though. I just read that on a news article

Your country is not free like USA

There were people literally getting free internet on Etisalat through facebook zero host/headers and custom VPNs, don't know about know

It will inspire me enough to do something with my life. Then move away to a country with better internet.

polygon.com/2017/2/9/14548880/time-warner-lawsuit-new-york-league-of-legends-netflix

>restrictive

Do you even understand what you're saying? Why is net neutrality restrictive? Because they want to play favorites. ISPs aren't impartial, they have skin in the game, they have sites they want to promote and competition they want to squelch, and there's a profit to be had from cable-fying internet (with "package deals").

Europeans should be vigilant though, strong possibility their ISPs might lobby for the same

or just move to another imageboard

youtube.com/watch?v=ExLRIuyEdI4

Most VPN's are banned on Sup Forums

this, it's gonna spread here as well

Let's hope

I hope all social media shit gets removed aswell

You can rent a private SSH server and route through it m8, difficult for Sup Forums to justify blocking it

Why?

Do other countries not have NN?

True, but a little bit advanced for the vast majority of users here. Also, you can use VPN if you get a pass. Maybe the easiest alternative

>mommy, can I use your card to get access to degenerate package? I need it to talk with my alt-right friends on Sup Forums...."NO!!"

Half of Sup Forums traffic would disappear over night

ahahahahahahhaha nononononooNOOOOOOO AHAHDASHDASHHAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHD

Do the red countries have protections, but are considering repealing them?

Or are they protectionless, and are considering establishing them?

based af.

the latter.

also my bad, that image is outdated.

Net neutrality is EU wide, so the map is outdated or just bullshit.

based pai

>USA
>Free

Yeah if free as in letting police officers kill citizens and get away with it is called free then i don't know what "free" means.

No, because it's the ISP's that can slow data down, and EU based ISP's can't.

Voice chats are unblocked now, but the ping is just bad. Except maybe Whatsapp.

Because they're retarded and fell for dumb reddit memes.

>Why does everyone assume that the internet providers will go for the absolute heaviest restrictions?

Because of:
- money and literal monopols
- throttling traffic gives more lifetime for shitty infra and you don’t need to invest to profit even more
- you can block competion by disabling products of competitors
- etc

>be Comcast
>slow down internetspeed horribly for rival ISP's in regions where you don't have a monopoly
>???
>profit

no true scotsman

the problem is a good chunk of the us only has one isp
unless you actually mean what you just said in which case you're retarded not only can they not slow down other isps but if they did they would profit immensely

[ This content requires 30 ComcastCoins™ to view. ]

Won't this negatively effect online businesses? If it does it could damage one of the fastest growing parts of the economy

>the top ISP doesn’t count

>Half of Sup Forums traffic would disappear over night

Fuuuck. Now I'm conflicted.

>Germany lines up troops along the Polish and French borders
>Why does everyone think Germany is going to invade?

>Indians aren't base-

It'll megatively affect everyone other than the near-monopolistic ISPs and their properties. Plus whoever is in their pockets, like Ajit.
The only people I've seen try to say NN should be repealed are old people that don't use the internet and parrot what Fox tells them to think and contrarian Sup Forumsacks who will back literally anything that reddit doesn't like.

Competition thrives despite government, not because of it, as a general rule.

This is no doubt, a power grab by those in power. Government + Established ISPs

Internet as you know it will change and meanwhile everyone on here discusses what would happen and what will happen. The only sure thing is Government + ISP's + Huge Internet companies call the shots. They will make every decision now, to keep themselves big and profitable (whether it is to limit access or increase competition)

Call me an extreme cynic but all major internet companies/ISP's are too big to fail now. It is now a proper power play with new companies/ISPs can only compete with established with finance + connections + market strategy. It's just like any other market now.

My advice: Get off internet, Decide which side you want to be, i.e. take a job. The government who makes laws/Established companies/Bankers who lend competitors money, lawyers where companies come to you, etc.

KARA
A
R
A

>americans are about to be banned from the internet
thank you god

>tfw without internet America returns to 2003 ignorance levels and drags Britain into an invasion of Iran to avenge 9/11

What are the chances this won't pass

BYE BYE!

90%, vote's on Thursday

And I think the votes stand at 3-2 against NN

*I mean 90% it'll pass

I've posted with a VPN plenty of times before.

Thank you Indian Jesus. I won't have to look at those shitty stars and stripes anymore.

What's happening? Americans are gonna be rangebanned or something?

Americans will be forced by their ISPs into buying restricted internet packages. If the Government or any ISP decides it no longer likes a website, American ISPs can just throttle traffic to make it near unusable.

Brice of freeddum :DDDD

GIB MILKIES!!!!

$49.99 per month for the Comcast Freedom Package. Unlimited* Usage** on over thirty different websites!

*Restrictions apply.

**Usage rights apply only within the states of Kentucky & Rhode Island

because people are cunts that have to ruin everything

How bad was the internet before net neutrality?

It was only applied recently because corporations started getting naughty.

I can't wait for this goofyass pajeet to cuck America's internet beyond recovery. It's going to be glorious. I bet most sharts will just let it happen too because they're so removed from politics.

>thailand
>talking about democracy

Makes you think

What's going to happen and how will it affect Sup Forums or the wider Internet?

>angry poor americans will no longer be able to access Sup Forums
>pol becomes ghost town

I wonder ([{who}]) is behind this post?

depends, for now, if NN gets repealed then american ISP's tyranny will only affect american households

however, Comcast may be allowed to control traffic to any site hosted on US networks, which happens to be the case for most websites in the world, like Sup Forums, they'll be able to throttle speeds no matter where you live, regardless of your countries' NN laws because fuck you, american territory.

Point out where I mentioned democracy in my post you Moroccan whore.

Compelling evidence.

However, the conclusion from:

>Comcast is a powerful enough company to throttle speeds with relative impunity

Should not be:

>We should expand government power to micromanage the entire internet

Instead, it should be:

>We should get rid of all legal barriers to entry in the ISP market, and confiscate all past subsidies granted to ISPs

ISPs are too big at this point
you're suggesting the gov should bring up anti-trust suits against them?
that shit won't work, not in this day and age

reddit hates him
Sup Forums loves him
lmao all the virgins left reddit for Sup Forums
get a life

how likely will it happen?

Can't wait for it to spread worldwide.

100% chance. The unfortunate thing for you is it's not going to have as drastic as an effect as you're hoping.

Cette putain de tête de con.

Why the fuck not? This shit needs to stop. North America and Australia are the laughing stock of the world in terms of internet.

Which sides of the political spectrum are supporting this?

Those that trust companies more than governments.

>implement ‘net neutrality’ and let big government regulate the internet
or
>repeal net neutrality and let the free market increase competition and innovation in the industry

Should be pretty obvious to anyone actually paying attention and not letting entertainers/memes tell them how to think

>I honestly don't know anything about it though. I just read that on a news article
and this is why your country deserves all the disasters it's going through now

they're rangebanning themselves

>competition
heh.

ISPs are the biggest jews this side of Wall Street.

>competition