It was way better than I expected

It was way better than I expected

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FYsaUMc8jaM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah, I only just watched it the other night myself.
It's a properly great kids movie, well worth seeing.

too many minorities

You're welcome

I agree
This was the first Disney movie I saw since Frozen and I had low expectations based on the trailers I had seen.
I thought the chicken was going to be painfully unfunny, but it wasn't that bad. And I also thought the little coconut things were going to be like Minions, but the short bit they were in the movie was actually great.

Themes were cool, the setting was cool. There was very little "strong independent woman" bullshit and if it was then it wasn't heavy-handed.
The songs were mostly good. I liked the Jemaine Clement cameo/character a lot.

>You can't expect a demigod to beat a decapod, look it up

What did he mean by this?

youtube.com/watch?v=FYsaUMc8jaM
It was even worse than Frozen

>ONE bad song-> worse than frozen
Give me a break. Maui was at least pretty interesting too. It wasn't all about Moana.

correction - there was only 1 GOOD song

maui was underused and stuck in perhaps the most bland boring formulaic disney story I can think of off the top of my head.

Why is this allowed?

>the final boss was actually who they were trying to save
>the reason she turned evil was because of maui and his character flaws
>one of the main protagonists doesn't act as a "good guy" for most of the movie

how is that "formulaic disney" in any way?

How did they know what a princess was if they were an island culture?

Shiny is a good song. The crab is a good villain
And you're a huge faggot

The Jew Crab should've been the main villiain. I'm completely fucking done with Modern Disney villains. The last one we've had that was really a true villian was Gothel from Tangled. Now it's literally the same DUDE THE SIDE CHARACTER WHO SHOWS UP IN LIKE TWO SCENES BUT DOESN'T SHOW ANY SIGN OF VILLIAINY WAS EVIL THE WHOLE TIME LMAO! Tell me whenever Disney decides to retire this horrendous trope and have someone who's actually threatening in their next movie.

Why do people hate Shiny? It's entertaining, goofy, and the last real Disney villain song. That used to be Disney's prime stuff.

you're right. groundbreaking subversion

But the lava god doesn't show up until the end except for the intro and in a flashback. And they were the established evil villain the entire time, the twist was that they were actually the good guy. that's the opposite of what you said. Also it was going to kill the entire island by destroying their harvest, it was pretty threatening

I mostly agree though, disney has been making weak villains recently and the lava god was kind of lame (except visually)
The crab was way more memorable and interesting but im not sure he would work as the main villain. He wasn't "final boss" material

I was actually really let down. Maui was nice, liked his humor and his character arc while totally cliche and predicable was still fun to watch, but aside from that I felt like I was just waiting for something major to happen.

They banked way too hard on Moana being untouchable, both in the physical sense with the literal ocean making sure nothing happened to her and in the character sense of her being right at the very start and then learning she was super right and everyone just needed to listen to her. Seriously, she teaches Maui how to use the weapon he's used all his life and she literally just learned about him period. She didn't even know he existed a bit ago.

When you both shield your main character from being hurt and also being wrong, it makes the whole thing just feel pointless. This is very much a movie for people who want to vicariously be right through their characters, and obviously that's fine. You don't go to a movie about a giant singing crab for anything other than escapism, but if you're not looking for a toothless and mostly drab adventure with little stakes, this really is going to let you down.

this guy gets it

AND the songs suck

Yea I can agree with that. Maui seemed to have enough character flaws for the both of them.
Moana had no arc

Everytime you post something on this board it's one of those fucking awful Youtube videos. Please fuck off and stop shilling your channel here. Also your opinion is beyond garbage for thinking ANY of the songs in this movie were bad

The main character was a worthless piece of shit that could only accomplish anything because she was CHOSEN by a god to have magical help from the entire ocean, then gains the help of ANOTHER fucking Demigod who proceeds to do absolutely anything worthwile.
A wooden doll could've done what the main character did.

the songs suck and so do you get fucked