This was a great Zod and the Krypton lore and world building was top tier. Id say its one of the best renditions of Zod...

This was a great Zod and the Krypton lore and world building was top tier. Id say its one of the best renditions of Zod, Krypton, Jor-El and Kal-el's birth origin stories.

Too bad BvS didnt have the world building MoS had and didnt really expand upon it.

>This was a great Zod
>I will find him
>I will find him and I will punch him
>I will punch that baby
>So hard!
Then Zod left, his home planet died on the way there

>Jor El has a pet dragon
>good

>pet dragon

Thanagarian snare beast.

You gotta be some kind of shithead if you didn't enjoy Michael Shannon's performance.

Fuck you that thing was one of the best parts of the Krypton scenes

>Jor-el having a pet dragon
>bad
Does Sup Forums just hate fun?

Krypton having weird dragon monsters is a thing that goes back to the fucking silver age.

Is the small things that make for good world building. There are tons of interesting stuff in the Krypton segmen. In a few minutes of screentime you get a clear look of

>the political system
>the divisions between society tiers
>their moral
>the family composition and relationships
>their eugenics system
>their technology
>their fears, traditions and hopes
>their pets dragons

Its an incredible well crafted piece of world building.

And the dildo prison justice system.

Yeah my only beef is that they didn't redo the "kneel before Zod" line somehow. And Jor-El stole the show, he was based as fuck the entire time.

I hate how they just left that ship in metropolis. It should of been the Fortress of Solitude obviously!

This.
He was just a dude with a weird looking facial structure and anger issues.

I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it.
I just wish they dressed him up as Daffy Duck first, to match his character.

As opposed to the floating mirror system which all pales in the in comparison to the spotlight system.

How about you quit it with the memspeak and actually explain what you didn't like about his performance.

Do you think Batman raped the Joker in this universe?

He was a fucking military hothead genetically designed to be a military hothead.

No shit he was going to try to fix everything with violence. To play that part was his whole character. To defy his purpose as military hothead would be to defy Krypton Law. He had to follow his genetic commands...no matter how violent or how cruel, is for the greater good.

Do you think that meme is actually funny user?

I do you stupid fucking piece of shit.
Go be a motherfucking asshole elsewhere.

I wish you were actually funny but we can't get everything we want user.

>We have studied this planet, Earth, and learned much of their justice system
>By sealing our prisoners in self contained rape shells
>The shells look like dildos so we can launch them into a space anus
>Which we shove into a butthole in space/time
>It's three levels of rape, ensuring 100% success
How does that rehabilitate them 100% of the time?
>Rehabilitate?

How you shitpost somewhere else?

>people still defending MoS with such desperation
>mfw
Stop praising shit and maybe the jew overlords might consider their work is currently shit and will give an actual good director a shot to produce a good Superman movie.
You don't have to roll on the shit that is Man of Steel.

Why can't we ever have a nice discussion about the DCEU? Everytime someone tries to just have a discussion the shitposters come up in droves trying to derail the thread.

As many things as there are to criticize about MoS, I can't fault that pet dragon. That was cool
Huh, so it is. Didn't know that at all until 5 seconds ago.

His coup was stopped and his planet doomed to destruction, his people will go extinct, and there will be no trace of their civilization left. All their accomplishments lost.
His lone chance to save and attempt to bring about a revolution that would save his world and lead them to a new life where they would not repeat the mistakes of the misguided leader caste.

And he rants for five minutes about hunting down and punching a baby because his father stole the codex, for no reason. Not that Zod needed it in the first place anyways, if you pay attention to half the shit they reveal about the genesis chambers.

Yeah, we all know you're a fan of that, Gordon.

No one said it was good. But the world building was top tier and gave so much information about Krypton its almost its own mini movie inside a bigger movie.

The MCU has great relationships between characters but shit tier and I mean really shit tier world building. 13 movies and they still cant decide how the world organizations operate.13 movies and you really dont know shit about the world where they live. You would think the people in New york would fucking reference an alien invasion in half of the conversations if it ever happened, yet the netflix shows (which are canon) barely acknowledge it.

Zod was okay. Better than most of the MCU villains but not as good as he could've been nor was he quite as good as Terrence Stamp's version either. Honestly Faora if anything, kinda stole the show from right underneath him.

We still haven't gotten the definitive Zod or Phantom Zone criminal story yet, though there's been some good ones.

Best version of Krypton, Jor-El, or Kal-El's birth? Fuck no.

>stop liking what I don't like

>it's from the silver age it must be good

Zod is neither a scientist or a reasonable politician. He is a killing/fighting machine made for war.

He also didnt believe the elders were wrong, but corrupt, lazy or weak to enforce the Kryptonian law. He wanted power to do exactly the same as the actual elders but 1000x times more strict.

No, it's from the silver age, and it happens to be good, you turdmuncher.

>Why can't we ever have a nice discussion about the DCEU?
Because I want everyone to hate it so they cancel the Justice League and DC understand that they need to make good movies because I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to see a good Superman film since the first trailer of MoS and they are only shitting the place

I liked Man of Steel. Why can't i discuss this goddamn movie without people sperging out?

Goddamn, man.

If you mean space world-building, then there's still hope for the Green Lantern Corps movie. That is, unless they fire Snyder before he has a chance to make the visuals for it.

What makes MoS a bad movie and what does a movie need to be a good Superman movie?

love it or hate it MOS was focused. BVS wasn't

Thats a big baby.

And considering how fun the actual panel looks it doesnt really help your argument against the silver age. Btw, Im already downloading the issue so I can enjoy it.

But it's not good.

You're a fucking moron if you think Zod was talking about punching a baby. Like seriously you have brain problem if you mind went automatically to
>I can't believe he said he's gonna punch a baby

Why isn't it good?

But I liked MoS. I liked the Superman parts in BvS and Im waiting for his return in either JL or MoS2.

Just enjoy Vision on the MCU and leaves us alone. He even has a new sweater and pretends to be human like Clark Kent.

Sex was forbidden and having a baby the normal way was a terrible sin. Ka-El represented everything wrong that happened. From his friend betraying him, from Krypton's bible being inside a abomination, from the coup going wrong, from Krypton dying.

It's good because it makes Kryptonian culture seem foreign to us in an inventive and fun way.

People are triggered by high quality films because they're reminded how bad the movies they like are. It's the same reason degenerates don't like Superman.

all you're doing is shitposting. don't pretend there is some greater purpose behind it because that shit is cowardly.

>me me me
just fuck off

Imagine in an action flick, in NY city, the world's smartest scientist jumps on a horse to escape from a bunch of guys in motorcycles and cars.

I can probably admit it's le awesome XD, but it's not good.

Did you like the other parts of BvS? I hope he comes back mid-way through the Justice League movie because I really don't want to wait a long time just to see more of him.

That's a really stupid argument considering we're talking about an alien from a crazy dying planet that's full of space dragons.

>Imagine in an action flick, in NY city, the world's smartest scientist jumps on a horse to escape from a bunch of guys in motorcycles and cars.

I can see that. Scientist sees that the traffic is jammed, steals a cop's horse and escapes the bad guys while they're stuck in their cars and yelling at cab drivers.

What now?

Krypton isn't Earth, your analogy falls apart because you're assuming Dragon=Horse.

In the Silver Age, the guy jumping on the horse would say "luckily, my gene-transmutation ray was able to increase this horse's speed, allowing me to escape my would-be captors unharmed!"

>all this crying because someone doesn't like man of steel

How can you like Superman in BvS? He just pouts the whole time and gets his ass kicked by Batman. I was legit mad at Snyder during the titular fight because it was so one-sided.

Woah buddy. You should stop associating that good superhero with that bad movie.

I get the feeling this exact scenario probably happened at least once.

I feel the same. MOS was the first Superman movie i really enjoyed and i liked the Batman part of BVS. But god forbid we have any Batfleck threads without
>lol Bat of Murder

All the while gleefully ignoring how many he killed in the Burton movies and act like Snyder was the first director to have him killing motherfuckers

I specifically added motorbikes to counter that stupid shit, but nice try.

>full

He's the only one with a dragon though.

I like how all the Kryptonians on the Black Zero were basically Easter egg of all the Phantom zone prisoners in the comics. They didn't get any screen time but it was neat.

Oh my God, you've actually gone as far as to psychoanalyze people who don't like the movie in order to defend your opinion of it.

That's just...really sad, man. It's okay to like something that a lot of other people don't like without having to come up with a reason for you to be superior to them.

I liked the Batman parts, liked the Superman parts.

Didnt like the Diana as civilian, Lex and Doomsday parts.

Pacing and editing wasn't really bad, just not what you would expect from an action movie. Its an unusual pacing. Like Hulk 2003 which isnt a bad movie, just an unusual one.

Anyways, I liked MoS and Cavill.

>He's the only one with a dragon though.
That we see. We only saw a very small set of people in one city, and even the design book talks about how the Kryptonians regularly tame and fly the dragons the same way Jor-El does.

I guess, but shit was more like Warhammer 40K than Superman. General Zod and his Doomsday blood ritual transformation was like a Chaos Marine Bloodthirster story

>He also didnt believe the elders were wrong, but corrupt, lazy or weak to enforce the Kryptonian law
>He didn't believe they were wrong, but killed one and removed the rest from power and planned to rebuild Krypton how he saw fit

How retarded are you? He said he was going to find Kal and kill him. Even if he isn't planning on punching the baby, he is just ranting about murdering a toddler.

>Sex was forbidden
I'm pretty sure it's forbidden to overthrow the ruling caste in a violent military coup and rebuild the genetic caste system

Also great way to pull something out of your ass to explain why a revolutionary was so hell bent on infanticide while trying to save his planet.

MoS was full of Krypton references. There are soooo many goddamn things.

Nam-Ek who's actually a giant.
Drax-Ur as Zod's scientist guy. Drax-Ur was used recently during Grant Morrison's AC run.
Motherfucking Kelex & Kelor.
Rondor beasts
The Guardian.
Dr. Hamilton
Planet Daxam.

user, Kal's natural birth was the living embodiment of everything against what he believed in. His desire to find and kill him was driven by his unyielding ambition to restore the genetic purity of Krypton.

>the design book

How about putting that in the movie? You know, actual world building? Instead of having, again, fucking Nikola Tesla riding a horse around like a retard.

Yeah he did the almost exact same thing in the donner movies too.
>I will have him kneel before me
>I will find him
Zod is very goal oriented person.

And he sacrificed his people to uphold one law, for a system he was in the middle of a violent coup to topple.
Either you acknowledge he was a crazy psychopath
Or he was a shitty leader and military commander

That's fair. One of my favorite scenes in both movies is still the first flight scene in MoS.

There's a difference between removing the ruling elders from power because you think you can do better, which is entirely political, and being okay with people committing a sin, which is a religious matter.

Zod was basically a muslin fanatical.

They did do that, when they showed a Kryptonian riding around on his pet dragon during the short time that was possible.

Drax-ur was also played by the same actor who played Lex's degenerative clone on smallville.

There were dragons in Krypton.

What next, you'll complain about Robin existing?

>and planned to rebuild Krypton how he saw fit
How he saw fit its exactly the same as the elders did. Following Kryptonian law. The only difference is that he would get shit done. He didnt want to remake the law, he was bind by that law.

I still don't get why Jor-El didn't just destroy the Codex. Clark was a natural birth, the start of a new bright future and all that shit. So why burden him with the thing that makes the caste system work if you want to create a new and better version of Krypton?

>Either you acknowledge he was a crazy psychopath
HE WAS GOD DAMN YOU ARE DENSE. HE IS A FUCKING WAR MACHINE GENETICALLY DESIGNED TO BE A WAR MACHINE

>And he sacrificed his people to uphold one law, for a system he was in the middle of a violent coup to topple.
He didnt want to change the law, just to be the one who enforces it. He didnt want to change the caste system or the eugenics system, he just wanted to be in charge of those.

Lucky for him there was no Kryptonian law about killing the ruling council and seizing power. That would have been so awkward

What? Motherfucker did you forget was like
>a natural birth?
>HERESY
Krypton is usually a pretty sterile place m8, where the idea of sweaty and base sexual intercourse is seen as somethong that the kryptonians are above

In the novel Jor-El started to love his people and culture a bit more after the birth of his son.

In the movie it was never really explained. Jor-El didn't even point that out when he talked with Clark.

>The only difference is that he would get shit done. He didnt want to remake the law, he was bind by that law.
Not that strongly, or there'd be no coup.
It's really weird that their genetic programming dictates everything but the leader class never stuck in a "hey military guys be 100% loyal and never rebel" subroutine in there.

Because MacGuffin

No he's threating the son of the man who stopped his coup.

Jor el didn't want him to have the codex for the sole reason that Zod would choose which genetic lines would rebuild Krypton.
Zod admitted to this.

There are clear differences. The genetic caste system was something closer to religion for him.

The coup was not. His only command was to do cruel things for the greater good.

The greater good is to continue Krypton with the caste and eugenics system. The cruel thing is the coup.

because he needs the genetic info in the codex to make more kryptonians. a single surviving baby obviously isnt going to be able to breed his entire race back into existence naturally

How can you fail to grasp the difference between politics and religion?

Are you saying that muslin terrorists never topple muslin governments in the Middle East?

I know that. I want to hear fans justify it.

Because Jor-el was a product of his environment.

Yes, he is indeed an insane psychopath. He's a villain user.

But isn't that just revving the whole genetic caste system then?

you can use the genetic data to make a bunch of clones without adhering to the caste system that traditionally went along with it. just whip up a new batch of kryptonians and raise them to appreciate free will, choice, etc.

Which is strange because the implications are that Zod wasn't, because who the hell engineers a soldier without loyalty? That's like, step one, before all the other fighting things.

Which I don't even really see the product of to be honest. What exactly is Zod supposed to excel at? Jor-El can fight him hand to hand, as can Clark, who has never thrown a punch in his life. We never see him use space guns either.

He loyal to Krypton, not to the council of Krypton.

I don't know about that when Clark's genetics dictate even his fashion choices. And he's the supposed "free will" star child.

>Jor-el can fight him hand to hand
Because Jor-el knows that sweet science.

>years later and even after a sequel is out, people are still debating about the quality of Man of Steel

Love it or hate it, gotta admit it's a lot more interesting to discuss than the MCU movies.