webmshare.com/9rnQq
youtube.com/watch?v=W_n5rY6EnuM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

last thread

strawpoll.me/13000155
strawpoll.me/13000155
strawpoll.me/13000155

close

You realise that idiots like you posting "REEEE! NEW THREAD NOW! I'M TOO LAST AND STUPID TO DO IT BUT SOMEONE DO IT NOW!" when we're near the limit is the reason we don't have a link to the new thread in the old one, right?

I've probably had more sex in the last 3 months than you've had in the last 3 years.

Thank god for Grindr.

Was about to say where's Heaven Sent, but then I noticed pre-2010.

THIRTEEN
HIRTEENT
IRTEENTH
RTEENTHI
TEENTHIR
EENTHIRT
ENTHIRTE
NTHIRTEE

Being a gay manslut is not something to brag about you poz.

>WE SURRENDER

k most contrived moment of the series so far

>not blind
not canon

Which series are you talking about?

Apparently Chibs was seen with Rachel Talalay and one of the producers at the Doctor Who experience last week.

Oh wait, apparently Chibbers was just at the studios. At the least that insinuates that he's back off holiday.

S8 had more consistent tone than S9, so I prefer it more overall, but these two series are really weak. I'd say the only weaker point so far is s7 and s6b. Everything else tops these.

I think I can almost see a little bit.

not sure, but the orient express episode

cool theme but his solution finding makes no logical sense

>his solution finding makes no logical sense
He deduces from the flag and its behaviour that it's a soldier that still thinks it has to kill people, he signalled to it that they were all non combatants. Also he's a 2000 year old genius,

Come to think of it mathieson played the end of oxygen the same way as mummy

mathieson a hack

>Come to think of it mathieson played the end of oxygen the same way as mummy
Logically?

Probably just the fact the Doctor says something which causes the monster to halt in its tracks. I wouldn't mind if this happened in more episodes desu because it at least demonstrates that he's using his intelligence to solve the problem

Rewatched the scene to see if I could figure out what you're talking about. Watching it again it seems like seeing the mummy doesn't really give the doctor any new useful information. The only new thing he sees is that the mummy is wearing something with markings on it that are similar to the scroll. All that does is connect the mummy to the scroll which he already knew.

His hunch that the mummy was a soldier was based on him having phase shifting and teleportation abilities and killing for a piece of cloth on a stick. He already had all that information, so technically he should have been able to figure that out without seeing the mummy. But I guess you could argue he just works better under pressure.

His solution of surrendering to it makes logical sense though. Magic words that stop a soldier from killing you. Seems pretty obvious.

Asked this in a thread earlier and got a few good answers, looking for more. I need classic episodes that I can use in regards to an exam question on British social commentary/ highlighting of quintessential british culture. Thanks in advance.

Because the Doctor figures out the game the villian is playing and uses their own interests against them? That's exactly how a fucking episode should be resolved, with the Doctor cleverly figuring out the villian's plan and using a creative solution to stop it. Not this fucking "he sonics the master control mechanism" resolution or some such bullshit like 80% of stories

Hey /who/ do you have any HD BBC One stream for Extremis that you'd like to share with me?

Which episodes did you get?

Also, are you supposed to focus on one era, or have examples from all different eras of the show, or what? And should they all be consistent with each other, or as different as possible in what they highlight and the way they do it?

this
The Girl Who Died had a clever resolution too

how much you wanna bet that the big reveal this series is that Missy was never actually been the Master and has just been the Rani in disguise. THat's why they brought Simm back this series because hes still the actual current master and now he gonna be pissed when he found out he's been impersonated

No, this is just the absurd fantasy of people who really resent Missy

Moffat wouldn't pass up the chance to do multi-incarnation shenanigans. And like most people he doesn't give two shits about the Rani.

I'll bet you several million pounds that you're wrong.

Hi friends. I have not watched the show since the episode in Smith's run where the Ponds exited the adventure (not due to the Ponds but that season was odd and felt irrelevant to everything.)

Is Cavelli's (if I spelled that right) run decent? I Wiki'd the plot synopsis for his first two seasons and they seemed tolerable so is it worth picking up again? Should I start from his current season or when he started? Idk, somebody give me guidance.

The happiness Patrol, the first episodes, the sun makers, the curse of peladon. A variety across eras would be great if they highlight specific social change. They don't need to be consistent, I just need general material to talk about. The question is likely to be quite broad, something along the lines of 'How did doctor who establish itself as a british institution, how does doctor who represent britishness, how did docotor who show a changing social landscape across britain' that sort of thing. I've got a pretty good knowledge of nu-who but am lacking a bit on classic stuff.

>Cavelli
gr8 b8

Start with the current series, S10. It's designed to be a new jumping on point, and it really does work that way.

Then you can go back and watch the whole Clara era, S7b through S9. There's some brilliant stuff in there, but it's not as consistent. Also, it's 2-1/2 years rather than just 1/2 year to catch up on.

I'm gonna miss Capaldi. The sarcastic, grumpy and heavily egotistical shaped personality is The Doctor for me. Shame the next is bound to be another boyfriend doctor who talks at 100mph.

It wasn't bait. My post demonstrates how little I have kept up with the series. Sorry friend.

Okay. Although I remember not liking Clara from when she was introduced in Smith's run so I doubt I would like her a whole lot now. Does she get better or something? I will download the current season's episodes though. I lurked a bit last week and apparently this week's episode was supposed to be pretty good. Was it? Thanks for the feedback!

>Cavelli

Doctor SJW

Doctor Caveli

>search 'doctor who' so I can find s10
>this
Kinda makes me happy as an Ecclestonfag

If you don't like Clara, that's another reason to start with the current series. S8-9 are Clara; S10 starts with the Doctor almost a century since he last saw Clara, and not even able to remember her, and now he has new companions Bill (introduced in episode 1) and Nardole (introduced in the last two Christmas specials, but you can jump in without watching those).

Those are not series 1 torrents if that's what you're thinking

s9 (or at least the last few episodes) are worth it for heaven sent

the "2005" seperates it from the "1963" series

That's the 2017 episodes, not the 2005 ones. You can tell by the fact that they end at episode 5; an Ecclestonfag should remember that he had a few more than that. The release groups call the show "Doctor.Who.2005" to distinguish it from "Doctor.Who.1963", so you know S02.E01 is Smith and Jones rather than Plant of Giants.

Okay. That's good.
>almost a century later
Damn son.

Why are they not? Unless they're named wrongly.
>2005

Oh shit okay you're right. They're meaning the episodes since the reboot.

WELL I WOKE UP TODAY
AND THE WORLD SEEMED LIKE A RESTLESS PALCE

No Clara is annoying as fuck throughout. She is however in a lot of good episodes that you probably want to see.

>Why are they not? Unless they're named wrongly.
All this bait.

You need to lurk way more m8. You can never lurk too much.

Gotcha. Once TPB stops being a nigger, I'll manage to download the s10 episodes and give those a watch.
user, I am not a clever man. Do you believe every genuine question out of ignorance is bait? If so, I would advise you to become an hero and cure the website of your newfaggotry

I agree. However, I also believe in asking questions to discover answers, and I have found my answers in the meantime.

Her boyfriend is worse. I don't know what purpose he serves other than to hold up the plotlines.

Don't go breaking my heart

wake up /who/res

I'm here, just reading.

>the first episodes
I wouldn't watch the entire first 4-parter, just episode 1, which stands on its own as an introduction to the series. The other choices are all good ones. For a few more:

The Daleks. Established Doctor Who as a social institution overnight.

The Invasion. Brings the threat home, swinging 60s London is what the entire world will obviously soon be like, and brave officers who beat Hitler so of course they can beat the aliens too.

Talons of Weng-Chiang, which is super-Victorian (despite being a super-Edwardian story), and all about the interaction between Jago and Litefoot and their respective social classes.

Survival. The same kind of social-realist (or at least soap-opera) England meets aliens story that RTD later made the focus of the show, but 1989 is very different from 2005.

The Green Death. A little before the show started trying to be not so consciously British, so you can compare the Welsh workers and issues here to the alien/future ones in the later stories.

Invasion of Time. Turns even Gallifrey into a reflection of British class and social-change issues.

Some stories that are particularly timely (and therefore are no longer so timely today, so I'm not sure if you want them): Planet of the Giants, Macra Terror, Faceless Ones, Peladon 2, Paradise Towers.

Also, an awful lot of the 60s-70s stories are metaphors for colonialism and empire and their aftermath, which was central to British politics of the time in a way it isn't today; maybe The Mutants or Power of Kroll.

>The thread, or...?

lol fair question. As it updates, yes, but my focus is on Venusian Lullaby.

>Venusian Lullaby
The book from the 90s? You doing a chronological watch/read through or something?

I am having a brain fart but what was a later Doctor's alias that began with V?

Are you thinking about the Valeyard?

Yes and yes. I was that other chronological user, but decided to put my trip back on, at least temporarily. It's alright, but it's not gonna be one of my favorites or anything.

Yessir that sounds about right. Thank you.

You don't mean Valeyard, do you?

There's also:

>von Wer, used by 7 in the novels and audios (as well as 2 in Highlanders)
>Vaughn Sutton, the name 7 used in Master
>Victor Frankenstein, the name 8 used in Mary's Story
>Vile, used by 10 in Infinite Quest
>Venkman, used by 10 in some comics

Oh neat! Where are you getting the pdfs of all the books, are you willing to share?

No problem user

Appreciated friend, Will start working through these. The guy marking my exam is one of britains resident doctor who experts, so I can do with all the help neccessary.

Sure I am, it's no secret. You can find them and download them at

vk com/doctorwhoclassic

They've got literally almost everything to do with classic Who you could want.

For DW books, the mega has a lot of stuff, very well organised:

mega.nz #F!AU4DHDwb!OSayDSboo27IvIYZ0GCCuw!NAJhyQbY

And VK has almost everything else, but you have to search around a bit for some of it:

vk.com wall-5742320

Holy shit thank you guys

>you have to search around a bit for some of it
I used to have a script that created a list of download links from a wall, but it no longer works. Anyone know of a new one? Or do I have to give them an SMS number and create an account to use the built-in "Documents" collection links now instead?

>I wouldn't watch the entire first 4-parter, just episode 1, which stands on its own as an introduction to the series.
If you're looking for social commentary I'd say episodes 2-4 are a lot more useful than 1 though.

Commentary on the universality of politics and the human experience, sure, but does it have much to say on British culture and social change?

One more suggestion: You might want to try reading some commentary on Doctor Who, especially for the 3 and 7 eras. The About Time books, Phil Sandifer's blog or books, or at least the Discontinuity Guide (which is a lot shorter, and a lot more fun, if not as deep).

Can't you just use one of those disposable-SMS sites to create an account? Or have they learned to block those?

Thanks for suggestion, I'm currently reading through a cultural history of doctor who whilst watching ep's. I've got access to a lot of scholarly stuff on it through Jstor and stuff like that

>but does it have much to say on British culture and social change
I mean, Ian tries to teach a caveman liberalism. It may not have tied into the current headlines, but there's certainly a lot to analyze about how the writer saw his society.

Say something I'm giving up on you.

I guess you could make something out of the national myth, near universal in 1963, of Eternally Liberal Britain saving the barbarians from their own backward ideas like we did in WWII as a sort of baseline for the series, and the society it reflected. (And maybe even the fact that the conflict between that myth and decolonisation wasn't clear yet, if you want to get into the anticolonialism stories in the 70s.)

Plus, maybe it's just easier to watch the first two serials in a row than to skip 3 episodes out of them, so why not.

FUCK OFFERINO

Chronological user here,

just finishing up woman who lived.

it sucked, don't like me. Hound was good, but he's way better in BF, looking forward to his short trip btw.

onward to Zygon invasion (I think, or is inversion the first one? not sure)

gonna sleep now /who/ pls don't die

Sorry, just read Veritas, I have no choice.

Well, I finished Venusian Lullaby. I was woried that it was just gonna be another City At World's End there for a bit, but it wasn't. The culture of Venus is well thought/fleshed out, and there's enough going on to keep you interested while not being too busy either. It was pretty good.

This is how I rip them:
webmshare.com/9rnQq
Now with fiddler if the links have fully downloaded you can actually export as many files as you choose (like you can save 1000+ audios to your hard drive at once if you wish, but VK downloading is very slow and I prefer to get my files from torrents)

Reminder that Smile was actually pretty good.
youtube.com/watch?v=W_n5rY6EnuM

>webmshare.com/9rnQq
Thanks, but this doesn't really help me.

I already know how to download audios if I can play them.

What I'm looking for is a way to get a list of all of the documents (PDFs, CBRs, etc.) attached to a wall without having to read through dozens and dozens of pages of posts, expand the ones that look like they'll probably have more links in the comments, etc.

I used to have a script that did this, but they broke it. And I know there's a sort of similar (but not as good) feature built into the site, but you can only use it when logged in with an account.

Let me just double check if my method of autoripping everything still works.

Seems like it still works at least on a page that you can see without needing to load further stuff.

However, Jdownloader's webcrawler is very slow and also vk's book collection is more incomplete than the faction mega that everyone has been sharing here. I think that for bigger files torrents for rutracker if you can get them are better.

after filtering

Samefag here. Finally watching the newest season. Starting with The Pilot. Although I am not far into the episode, I am liking the dynamic so far. Question though: can someone tell me why The Doctor is pretending to be a uni professor and tutoring 'Bill'? Also why the fuck is a female named Bill?

cant wait for David Tennant to be the next doctor

for comments you can try a deep link scan but I think it's unlikely that it will dig through nested comments.

He's there to guard the Vault. That's all anyone can really tell you.

As for Bill's name, I've heard stranger girl names.

Can you tell me what the Vault is?

worst companions or worst companions?

I'm assuming you've just started the episode and aren't up to the vault scene yet. That's why he's at the uni, to guard the vault.
Lecturing and tutoring Bill are just what he's doing to pass the time.
As for her name, girls can be called Bill.
Not really, it's just a secret vault with something terrible in it that the Doctor has to guard. You learn more about it as the series progresses but not really a lot of information about it.

We learn what the Vault is tomorrow.

>I'm assuming you've just started the episode
Right. I am 22min into the episode. I occasionally pause to catch up on other threads I am lurking. Sorry for the dumb question, guess I should finish the episode before asking shit. Is the Vault first introduced in this episode?
Is the occurrence of females named Bill a British thing or global? First I am hearing of this, to be quite honest.

Thanks for going easy on me guys.

New episodes are Saturdays then?

Ignore anyone who gives you shit. There's nothing wrong with asking questions.

Yes, new episodes are Saturdays, Usually around 19:00.

Yeah the vault was first introduced in The Pilot so you've basically got as much information as you should at this point. Don't think you've missed out on something.
It's not really specific to Britain or anything but it is kinda unusual. Not unheard of though. Especially Bill, it's more likely that they'll go for Billie.

and yeah, episodes are Saturdays at 7:25 (unless there's something big on like Eurovision last week), so in about 14 hours

Heard females called Billy, never Bill though.

I want to stick my head underneath her skirt and make her squirt all over my face

I have such a degenerate skirt fetish holy shit.