Indiana Jones

What was the point of this scene, again?

Part time

Demonstrating the effectiveness of plot armor, also nukes are bad.

Since when was this series ever about realism? The climax of the original was God melting the faces off Nazis and stuff.

That's fantasy pieces where it fits, like elaborate tomb boulder traps. Surviving a nuke by hiding in an fridge is just retarded, it's not like it's a magic fridge or had any mythological reason to act differently.

>not knowing that fridges from the 50's were built to be atomic bomb proof

Even if they were, which they weren't, he'd be killed by getting thrown around inside the thing.

why did they use that take?

to prepare you for a later scene where shia lebouf swing on tree vines with monkeys

>jumping from a plane inside a lifeboat into a mountain and surviving without even a scratch or a broken bone
>no problem

>similar retarded physics in the last movie
>wtf? this isn't my Indiana Jones

There was shit in TFA, Jurassic World, Avengers , and similarly critically beloved films that makes far less sense than nuke-the-fridge, and yet normies flipped.

InDiANA JONES HAS ENTERED THE NUCLEAR AGE!!!! RUSSIANS!!! AHHHHHHH HE'S OLD NOWWWWW IN ORDER OT SHOW YOU THIS PRETTY VISUAL THAT GEORGE THOUGHT OF THATS REALLY PRETTY AND SYMBOLIC AND DEEP WE SHOOHORNED IN AN ENTIRE SCENE THAT ADDS NOTHING TO THE MOVIE OUTSIDE OF CAUSING IT TO FEEL EVEN MORE SCHIZOPHRENIC THAN IT ALREADY WAS

please dont remind me of this

If you leave milk in the fridge too long, it turns into Harrison Ford.

thats harrison "hah plane crashes cant kill me" ford your talking about

Why did people hate the latest one so much? It was more of the same you'd expect from IJ just Ford is a lot older

spielberg was trying to convey that indiana was capable of stretching his dick to inhuman lengths, allowing him to fuck his own ass and suck himself off. it's quite obvious really

>Ford is a lot older
yeah and that's a serious fucking issue the movie has. it also feels like it's setting up some sort of "passing of the torch" moment between indiana and spike that never really develops naturally or resolves in a satisfying way

But surviving jumping out of an airplane and landing on a mountain with a life draft is perfectly acceptable?

This movie was fucking horrible, one of the few times I sat in a theater cringing and feeling almost embarrassed to be there.

to give up this scene.

Exactly. ITT people complaining about their ruined childhood