Now that the dust has settled, what did you think of Grant Ward's wild ride?

Now that the dust has settled, what did you think of Grant Ward's wild ride?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SSJBXboobQU
twitter.com/IMBrettDalton/status/730956169481609217
youtube.com/watch?v=TBcXXfzrqco
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm not ready to get off ;_;

It will be severely missed.
If they can somehow top it, though, I'll welcome its sacrifice.

i don't think i can enjoy AoS with no Ward aboard desu

I wish scrambling Hive's brain let the Ward personality actually come out and interact with the SHIELD team. Or if he's gonna start quoting how Grant purposefully dropped Fitzsimmons in an ocean instead of shooting them, have Ward sabotage something in a key moment.

With Daisy saying Hive was talking about his absolution, and it even being the episode title, you'd think Ward would have done one last thing to attempt to absolve him self. Like Hive's end would be something of Ward's redemption, but instead the end of Ward's arc is Coulson killing him while he finally feels loyal to Hydra. Sp if you thought Hive would complete Ward's arc, then not only is it disappointing what little Ward we got but you're also disappointed because Ward's arc ended half a season ago and you only just realized.

Everything about him genuinely having feelings for his team, trying to take on the emotional baggage of a crazy lady, he wanted a connection just as much as Hive did. But that shit never comes up for Ward in the finale because he was still just dead. It was disappointing, "absolution" my ass.

Ward deserved a better ending to his story than fully siding with Hydra and being murdered on an alien planet.

this

I didn't want it to end, genuinely.
Grant was a great villain.

Ward was the catalyst for every event that made AoS great

>Betraying the team to HYDRA
>Kidnapping Daisy and unlocking her inhuman powers
>Set off the events to bring Hive back to earth
>End up becoming the vessel for the inhuman death god of HYDRA, and stirring shit further

At times, the writers didn't know what the fuck to do with him, so he got shafted during the other half of season 2, and most of the first half of Season 3, but shit, he just made everything more entertaining for the show.

Also Brett Dalton is a wonderful human being, and I hope he gets more work in the future.

>that final scene as he accepts his fate and laments the beauty of all that could have been

I know is unfair to make the comparison given Ward/SquidWard had a lot of time given to developing him, but I think Ward was of the better MCU villains
>inb4 MCU villains are shit lol
>inb4 AoS isn't canon fag pops up

Grant Ward, Agent of R.I.P.
youtube.com/watch?v=SSJBXboobQU

Well, shit, now I want to rewatch the series. I wonder what it's like, knowing hes a traitor.

It's funny seeing all these scenes of season 1. Interesting to see how far the show has come

Damn, that was pretty good.

You're just gonna end up summoning him, dude is like the mlp/Barney guy. Mention something and they appear like a goddamn genie.

Hive will return

Yeah like others have said it felt more like a series finale than anything. Usually when shows do this kind of ending the next season has some major retooling and things are never really the same. Judging by the last 2 minutes this is following a similar route but whatever they chose to do I just hope it is good. Whether he is gone for good or he comes back through some random TV reasoning I'm gonna miss that lovable sociopath. I'm so fucking glad they didn't give him the cliche "second season redemption arc" because his mental gymnastics were enjoyable to watch.

En taro Adun, Executor.

I am going to miss him. ;_;

I honestly forgot about most of these, it was like seeing scenes for the first time

Now that he's gone, I can't help but feel like we took him for granted.

I like how they made out that Lincoln's death was this big important thing when nobody cared.

The humor really took the edge off Ward dying

>Ward deserved a better ending to his story than fully siding with Hydra and being murdered on an alien planet.

Ward was a murdering, double-crossing cunt. You're letting your (understandable) homo love for Dalton cloud your judgement.

He got exactly what he deserved.

fuck, guess I'm re-watching S1

I miss when AoS was fun

I still can't get over just how good Hive looked for a TV show. Goddamn.

He reminds me of the virus guy from osmosis jones

>yfw you struggle to watch Season 4 with no Ward
>Finale
>LMD Ward that SHIELD absolutely HAS to ally with
Would make it all worth it, to be honest

>tfw no more adorable trolling

twitter.com/IMBrettDalton/status/730956169481609217

>they ripped off ward's character arc from the opening theme to star trek enterprise
youtube.com/watch?v=TBcXXfzrqco

It was a long well, drownin my brother in.
It's been a long time, deceiving Agent Coulson.
And I will see Hydra come alive at last. I will touch the Skye.
Coulson's not gonna pin me down no more, no I will transcend humankind.

Cause I've got faith in the Hive.
I'm going where my Hive will take me.
I'm a wraith, to deceive. I will say anything.
I'm giving up control. And I think everyone would agree,
I am the best by far.
Handsome face.
Died in space, time to depart.

Anyone got a webm of the end where ward/hive is just floating and looking at the earth?

;_;

Buffybot Brett can't come soon enough.

Daisy's power was a lot cooler in the beginning, before they put that annoying energy wave effect on it.

I get they had to scale her power down from leveling mountains at chargen, and if she's directly using it as a weapon then it's fine, but her just manipulation vibrations without her waving her hands around like a prat was just cooler

>implying Ward is gone for good
Weather through the magic of bullshit and Squidward lives or through the science that spews from Batiatus like shit from ass Ward will live on

The story could have taken another path around the time that garret died and they captured ward, but wha happened made mostly sense.

Ward going back to hydra and becoming a footsoldier for gideon made less sense

I'm fine, honestly. SquidWard was a great revitializing of the character, but Ward as a concept was finished and they got rid of him in the cleanest way possible.

I'll be interested to see what they do for S4. Hydra is basically done, the big Inhuman plotline is pretty much done unless they want every season to be "What turbo-powered Inhuman does the team fight this year?" and Ward is done.

They pretty much have a blank slate.

>I'll be interested to see what they do for S4

Hunt down Daisy seems to be the crux of the first half

>That feel when the "Director" that Coul-Coul spoke of was none other than the UN appointed, President sanctioned acting director of SHIELD...Tony Stark who appears not unlike Charlie in Charlie's angels, as a voice on an answering machine.

Wait, did that happen in Civil War?

>daisy standing in room with shield
>6 months later
>shield vs daisy
I know the point was to be a cheap hook for next season, but I feel like they could have explained anything about why she ran away.

Doctor whatever's LMD plot is probably gonna end up being important.

I can't think of better ending to his wild ride, to be honest. But I will miss him, in the era of Afterwards.

Doctor Malpractice.

S4 will deal with LMD gone insane and registering super heroes like the S1 indexing days. I'm guessing SHIELD will be on the up and up again, one of us one of them and all that. Director May will be recognized by the government.

>Killed off Black-Ward
>Killed off Ward
>Wrote out Lime-Ward
>Killed off Squid-Ward

No more Agents of W.A.R.D.

>killed xena-ward
>killed space-ward
>wrote out mocking-ward
>killed electro-ward

Someone get the Little Brother Ward out of the attic.

At least we've still got Mulan-Ward

You leave that poor boy alone.

>find dead hive cells in atmosphere
>try to clone hive
>only spawns grant ward, memories intact

>dat tiny, 3 frame explosion
kek

>may
>a ward
Go to bed, you need sleep.

You guys forgot about 40s Ward. He's dead too. So is Senator Ward.

I was very satisfied with the last two episodes.

Yeah, I felt the same way. Movie-level stuff. Of course they probably had to adapt their budget for this entire season because of a two-minute scene.

>LMD Ward

...that's NOT a total dick. Holy shit, what an asset he would make.

...There is an LMD whose actual identification is 'Agent Beefcake', the male counterpart to 'Agent Cheesecake'.

>SquidWard

Oh shit, never even thought of that...

Ward was pretty good, but keeping him for yet another season would kind of be taking the piss.

I'm sure he'll show up as a guest in a hallucination/LMD one-scene gag or something, since Brett really seems to like those people, but I can't see him coming back.

Although, his position as the main villain POV seems to have been changed to Batiatus, who's more than a worthy replacement. Plus, they haven't had one of those happy/unstable villains on the show since Calvin Zabo, so it should be a nice change.

I'm still hype.

LMD Grant will be next.

I hope we don't get a LMD-Ward.
I love the character and the actor, but sometimes it's better to let the dead remain that way.

>Although, his position as the main villain POV seems to have been changed to Batiatus, who's more than a worthy replacement. Plus, they haven't had one of those happy/unstable villains on the show since Calvin Zabo, so it should be a nice change.
Doctor Malpractice seems to work for SHIELD now, or at least cooperating.

I wonder if Inhuman Shitposter is part of Secret Warrors now.

And let's not forget that Ian Quinn is alive, free, and in possession of Gravitonium, with Doctor Franklin Hall in it.

It'd be pretty cool if we got Graviton next season.

I gotta say...man he was a good villain. I liked him doing heroic shit and evil shit. I remember when I truly knew I loved the ward. When I stopped hoping they'd make him in to the mcu equivalent of a marvel villain like taskmaster and just wanted him to be ward.

>Doctor Malpractice seems to work for SHIELD now, or at least cooperating.
He definitely seems like he was gonna be the incompetent that starts the rise of the machines. So Tony Stark 2.0, so Hank Pym 3.0.

>yfw Whedon brother pulls off a better Ultron than Whedon prime

That's where I got the feel from.

>clone Hive
>get Ward'ed

THERE'S NO STOPPING THIS MADMAN

At the same time, it would have been hilarious if he got one more doublecross in from beyond the grave.

> Hive tries to turn the quinjet around
> "Ward knew how to fly this. That means I know too."
> SELF DESTRUCT ACTIVATED
> "But... what? How?"
> laughingWard.jpg

Grant Finale/10

Is he dead now? I checked out on SHIELD when ol finger knives showed up, but Ward was easily the most redeemable part of the show.

Grant died half a season ago, Hive's death was pretty good though.

He died in the mid season finale. His body was then taken over by the Hive and he died again in the season finale

>I forgot the ward I named
I feel ashamed.

And now I recalled something that needs to be added

Watchdogs and Agent Blake are still active. I would not underestimate anyone who successfully weaponized nitramene.

RoboWard is coming.

You know it, I know it.

>Two Wards (Three if you count Space Ward still in Hive) die and turn into Ward dust in the winds of space
>Eventually travel throughout space spreading their Wardness to developing worlds
>Millions of years later, the Ward race emerges as societies built on puns and television show-saving character development

Never forget

that time we lost 2 wards in one episode

R.I.P

Why was Hive so shit?

Too much ambition, not enough Inhuman lackeys

Show said they were popping up all over the world, but instead of going on a recruiting spree, he got the chink with the crap telekinesis, Aussie burning man and Daisy and decided to call it a day.

I can't wait for LMD Ward to start as a good guy and then malfunction and become Max Fury

>Lincoln was the dead SHIELD agent in space, not based Mack
>so I was like "oh okay, Lincoln wasn't really a major character, I'm glad it was him and not someone else"
>Squidward has to go too
>FUCK

He also got Mexican Gorgon.

>Season 4: Ward's evil twin

>implying Ward wasn't the evil twin

That could be the twist.

>Oh Ward has a twin!
>Grant Ward was the evil twin, this guy is the good twin
>Oh no, this guy is worse. Grant Ward was the /good/ twin!

He should have got upgraded to become a movie villain.

I still wish he had become the MCU Hood because he would be better than the comics and the MCU synergy push would do something good for once.

>cap 2 made it so that there is tech that can copy a person's brain to a computer
>that tech was made by hydra
>ward had access to all the hydra files

>mfw ward copied his brain to a computer as a backup plan

They should at least have Brett (and Chocolate Ward too) come back for at least a couple episodes as LMDs.