WHY DO AMERICANS DO THIS?

WHY DO AMERICANS DO THIS?

i honestly don't know.

Memes aside, there actually are white Hispanics, however most of these """white""" Hispanics are mutts larping as Europeans. It's embarrassing seeing so many light brown spics pretending to be Italians just because of an ancestor or their surname

FDR was an autist who reclassified Mexicans as "whites". It only got stupider and stupider with each decade.

we secretly have tons of Argentinians and they are 200% white

of course, there are also asian hispanics

>there actually are white Hispanic

Go back to your tacoland

I've been in the US for a couple of months now and I can say with absolute certainty that the American identity politics and how seriously everyone here seems to take it is the single greatest flaw this country has. It's even worse than obesity and will eventually become their undoing, mark my words.
It's all 'as a proud African-American Christian woman' this and 'my 1/16 Irish heritage' that. The memes are true.

bump

Ummmm, Hispanics literally lobbied to be considered white on the census, the fact that this is an option is probably their doing, too.

AMERICANS

Long story short, the Hispanic population in the US used to be negligible enough that we would just include them as white. Plus of the ones that were actually here, many of them were actually just “white” or at least 100% Mediterranean “whites”.

It didn’t become an issue until Mexicans started immigrating here like crazy, and so we had to add a new census option for non-white Hispanics.

This is because during the Great Depression, Americans were looking for people to blame and one of the targets became the Hispanics in California.

In Texas, the Hispanics lobbied to reject a new category that was different from whites as they weren’t receiving nearly as much descrimination, and feared that this new category would be used to systematically target them, and so they blocked the US from changing the census to add “Hispanics”.

CAMERON DIAZ BTFO

Are the Spanish in Iberia now American Natives?

I 100% have no idea

hispanics are white

are you really saying that portuguese and spains aren't white?

Portuguese aren't Hispanic

No, he's actually right. They're the rich ones who are often old money and who often marry yuros, specifically Italians and Iberians.

Of course, since being first world-rich in Latin America means living like a king, they tend to stay there and maybe have vacation houses or boats in places like Florida, California or Italy/France/Spain.

It's ok. Hispanic is a cultural term and white refers to the race.

Most Hispanics are mestizo.

this is to be changed on the next US census
mena and hispanic will be added to race

That's retarded. What should a black Cuban choose?

Black or Hispanic or both, duh

there are 3 races
asian
black
white
everyone else are mutts

>hispanic as a race
Murican education

Ohh so it can choose more than one.

That fixes some problem and creates others, for example you could be black white then.

>you could be black white then.
which makes sense if you are mixed?

Not necessarily because it uses vague terms like ethnicity and mixes them with race and nationality.

Just like a black guy who speaks Spanish could be a black hispanic according to this, would picrelated be black white?

By that logic Swiss people are Italian and Eastern Libyans are Egyptian. Roman dioceses have nothing to do with modern terminology. "Hispanic" alludes to the nation of Spain.

Also, your map seems to conveniently exclude northern Morocco from Hispania.

Can we please just make a meatizo box already so we don't have to check white and end this meme

I love how they mention all these tiny Latin American nations, but ignore the second largest Hispanic nation in the planet, Argentina. Obviously just because 86% of it is White. Ridiculous.

ethnic minorities are insecure, it's just there to please them

I'm a white hispanic. We exist.

Why you can't be just white?

Because I'm also hispanic.

White=Germanic. That's why French are partially White and partially swarthy.
Slavs and Finno-Ugrics are hard to classify, it could go either way 2bh, but Mediterranids are definitely not White.
The only White Hispanics would be pureblooded descendents of Germanic peoples, which is an incredibly small portion of the Hispanic population (and the US population, for that matter).
Besides, there's the case to be made that culturally none of them are White because the dominant culture in Latin America is a combination of Afro-Caribbean, native, and Spanish (Portuguese for Brazil, but we're talking about Hispanic countries now), ergo nonwhite.
I'm expecting a lot of memes about 62% and Amerimutts and the like, but if at least one person has enough autism to actually read my post and it gets through to them, then I'd consider it a success.

I'm basing this off of haplogroups as well as European cultural history, neither of which I claim to be an expert in by any means, but I'm not pulling this out of nowhere. It may seem arbitrary, and it is, but nevertheless these arbitrary labels have impact on how people think and act, so it's important to get them straight as long as they exist.
If my fellow spergs would like to try to correct my assertions with specific examples, by all memes do so. Also if you feel like posting Amerimutt memes, be my guest, it fills a niche just as much as seriousposting does.

>like ethnicity and mixes them with race and nationality.
They aren’t being mixed, though? It’s asking for either.
>would picrelated be black white?
I’m guessing you’re trying to equate wearing a kilt with being Scottish or something?

LEEEE UPER CLASS IS WHITE XDDDDD
THAT'S WHY CHILE IS DOING RYT, IT'S THEIR WYT UPPER CLASS KEK

Or maybe is cause people from those nations are the biggest Hispanic groups in America? Lol

>or Spanish origin
that's stupid, spaniards are euros, latinos are brown shitskin manlets